Antoinette Hotel

Bad (2.0 out of 5.0) 1 review

Impersonal and shabby

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 3, 2007

I stayed for a week at the beginning of November 2007. The staff were pleasant enough but I felt dissatisifed by the difference between what I had been expecting from their web presence and what I actually got.
The room was nice but small and the bathroom was falling apart. Part of the hot tap came away in my hand so I left it on the sink, expecting the room staff to notice it and fix it. Instead it stayed like that. My shower was not enjoyable either - more water came out the side of the head than the holes in the bottom.
I ate in the restaurant one night and although the food was nice the staff could have been more interested and it was over-priced for what you get. A pint of diet coke cost £3, for example. I know it's a hotel but that doesn't encourage me to use their facilities, especially after shelling out for a room.
The location wasn't great, either. A good half hour from Kingston-Upon-Thames at a brisk walk or bus journey, depending what suits you best. There's a cash machine but it's one that charges. There's also a 'shop' for forgotten basics but they're quite pricey.
The only redeeming feature was that they have smoking rooms, which was very welcome at that time of year!

Unique Quality: Smoking rooms available.

Directions: Take the 281 bus towards Surbiton. Ask for Surbiton high street. Continue along larger road, cross road at corner past school. Walk up hill until you see the sign for Antoinette Hotel. Turn left. You'll see it - half-way down the road.

Nearby Antoinette Hotel

• Room Service
  • Free Parking
  • Free High Speed Internet

Kingston upon Thames Travel Forum

Need advice about Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Kingston upon Thames and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Kingston upon Thames hotel reviews