Chase Lodge Hotel

See Amenities

Cosy and welcoming

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 3, 2007

I stayed in this hotel for three weeks in November 2007. During this time the staff were very friendly and helpful - everything I asked for was given straightaway and with a smile. When I was having problems with my shower leaking it was fixed the same day. Added to that, I arranged to keep my case there on Mondays before check in and on Fridays after check out, which made my life a lot easier. There are two parts to the hotel - the main building and the annexe, which is reached via an inner courtyard. As it's a bed and breakfast I found it to be cosier than other hotels in the area.
The rooms are nicely decorated with human touches which set it apart from normal hotels. One room I stayed in had rose lights around the mirror, for example. All of the rooms I stayed in had fluffy towels, complimentary bath/shower gels etc and even cotton wool.
Facilities-wise there are tea and coffee (and hot chocolate) making kits in every room, along with an iron and a hairdryer. Two out of three of the rooms I stayed in had a fab steam shower, and the one without it was adequate. The TVs were a little on the small side, and none of the channels were in the right place if they were there at all. The wireless connection is excellent perhaps not that secure. The only room I had teething trouble connecting in was the top room in the annexe - the furthest away from the modem.
Breakfasts are simple but plentiful - cereal like Special K, Frosties and Weetabix in single serving packets, fruit salad, pastries, yoghurts and toast are all available.
Dinner was lacking in atmosphere the only time I had it. The dining area is lovely for breakfast but not ideal for dinner, being a conservatory with marble topped tables.
The location is ideal, being on the SouthWest trainline from Waterloo. It's literally a minutes' walk from Hampton Wick station and a five minute walk from Kingston's shopping area. Richmond Park is at the bottom of the road. It's set back from the main road so it's less noisy but you're still within reach of everything.

Directions: Cross the road from the station and turn right. Follow the road until you get to the 'School Road' right turn. Follow that road round to the left. Hotel is on left hand side of the road.

Nearby Chase Lodge Hotel

Chase Lodge Hotel

• Chase Hotel Hampton Wick
  • Chase Hotel Kingston Upon Thames

Address: 10 Park Road, Kingston upon Thames, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 4AS, United Kingdom

Amenities at Chase Lodge Hotel

• Pets Allowed

Kingston upon Thames Travel Forum

Need advice about Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Kingston upon Thames and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Kingston upon Thames hotel reviews