The Bull and Bush

Priceline.com Booking.com Agoda.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about London

St. Katherine Docks Sun Dial - LondonSt. Katherine Docks Sun Dial - London

Kids love thisKids love this

St. Paul's CathedralSt. Paul's Cathedral

St Margaret's Church (Apr 09)St Margaret's Church (Apr 09)

Tube travel advice

by djburz

Hi
My wife and I are travelling by train from Cornwall to Paddington to watch the U2 concert at Wembley in August. We have plenty of time to get to the stadium during the day, but I need some advice getting back to Paddington please.

So, which tube station do I need to use and which line do we need to get back to Paddington? I believe it is Wembley Central and we need the Bakerloo. Can someone please confirm this and can they also confirm if the tube runs all night and at what intervals please?

Thanks

by colin_bramso

The trains don't run all night - you can get all the detailed info, routes, times etc on www.tfl.gov.uk/tube

by hawkhead

www.tfl.gov.uk has an excellent journey planner.

by leics

If you miss the last Tube there is a nightbus service.

Use the journeyplanner mentioned above to find options for the time you anticipate travelling.....but allow a bit more for actually getting out of the concert and onto whatever transport you end up using.

by Wowmoment

The station you need for The Stadium is Wembley PARK. Other options are shown in this PDF

From Wembley Park try and get on Metropolitan line (much quicker) but Jubilee may be less crowded and will still get you to Baker Street, then change for Paddington.

My experience is allow plenty of time. Everyone arrives separately but as soon as the concert is over the entire audience leaves together. Website mentioned above will give last times.

Travel Tips for London

Buckingham palace. If you like...

by Anya_D

Buckingham palace. If you like watching long ceremonies, you can watch change of guards, which starts about 11:30 and lasts for an hour. To change two guards, they involve a hundred of people. Traditions!

Go shopping at Spitalfields...

by Weener

Go shopping at Spitalfields Market. I love shopping in Spitalfields Market on a lazy Sunday. It is based in the city, located behind Liverpool Street Station. It is better to visit during the warmer months, as it is outside, but it is under cover so you can visit while it is raining. You will find all sorts of things at this market. It is home to local art and craft stalls, vintage/second hand clothes, up and coming/one off designer clothes stalls, world cuisine food stalls, cakes, and an extensive organic fruit and veg section. It is quite a big market, and you can easily spend half a day wandering around. Liverpool Street Station/Tube, EC1

The first photo is of a Spinx...

by WorldXplorer

The first photo is of a Spinx statue by 'Cleopatra's Needle.' I went to St Pauls' Cathedral which I highly recommend. Now, they say you can't take photographs inside the cathedral which is a shame as it is SO beautiful. The same applies at Westminster Abbey, another lovely church to visit. I walked up at least 300 stairs (puff, puff!) to see the view of London from the Golden Gallery - lovely! And you CAN take photos from there - hooray!! Mine are not developed yet. The other photo is of the Queen Mother's gate I THINK it's called Elizabeth's Gate and is in (I THINK) Hyde Park (will find out) A lion and a unicorn. One thing I love about London is the mythical and other creatures you sometimes see in sculpture etc - unicorns, lions, griffins etc.

Attend a wedding if you can

by PALLINA

Everyone has seen at least once the film "Four Weddings and one funeral" with Hugh Grant and has surely wonder: are British wedding really in that way? As far as I could see: YES. The elegance of the Italian woman in a typical wedding is NOTHING in comparison to the extreme elegance you can see there, where every woman abot 25 years of age wears a hat, which matches in colours and in style with the dress. And they really have ceremony dress! Another thing: man (or at least close groom's friends) wear the same tie and many have a smoking. I think I've never seen a man in smoking in Italy!!!!! Moreover, as there were some Scottish guests, I could see some kilt skirts.

Breakfast Bars

by basbed23

London is extremely expensive. Usually, I wouldn't recommend taking food with you, but when my girlfriend and I went ot London, we took some granola bars with us for breakfast. We also pack PB&J sandwiches for lunch. For people on a budget, this is a must. I didn't feel too bad about not eating the local cuisine because, in my opinion, English food isn't anything to get real excited about.

Comments