291 Suites

291 Suites - London
Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about London

Men working overhead (a real danger!)Men working overhead (a real danger!)

Paternoster LodgePaternoster Lodge

Buckingham PalaceBuckingham Palace

British MuseumBritish Museum

A thank you posting to all all especially Leics

by moonrei

I am flying off to London for my first ever trip to Europe and to England where I will be going to Bath, Lake district, Cotswold and ending in London.

Thanks to all on this forum who have been giving me very good and solid advice over the last few weeks which has made my planning a lot easier. I must thank Leics that though I am a total stranger you have been giving very patient, detailed, insightful and speedy advice all the time. I do hope the people the people I meet in England are just as friendly and lovely as you!

Many many thanks Leics !!

by unaS

If you want to thank people for good advice, be sure to click on the Yes button on their answers.

by Maurizioago

...or send a VT mail, leave anote on her/his homepage.

by ViajesdelMundo

Yeah, those THUMBS UP would be nice.....yesterday I received an email about how good my tips were when this person came to my area, but of course they don't realize we appreciate their thanks thru our system of THUMBS UP clicks!

But come to think of it, just last week I got a thank you in a Forum about info from someone in the low hundreds ranking, but also never got a THUMBS UP for the reply......

by leics

I am covered with embarrassment...but thank you, most sincerely.

You will, I am sure, have a lovely time in the UK (and Europe).

I just hope the weather cheers up a bit before you arrive. But if it doesn't ....well, you will then have experienced the 'real' UK summer (bring clothes you can layer and waterproof outerwear)! :-)

Travel Tips for London

The Parks Hyde Park,St Regents...

by janjaque

The Parks Hyde Park,St Regents Park and all other.Trafalgar Square its nice,Twer of London and the Bridge Smoke a nice Zigarette in Green Park,and the Pup Cheer´s,wow that was really funny,and everybody was Hapy a big familie

London Pass

by Dabs

For the first time visitor, the London Pass might actually be a pretty good deal if you find a 1/2 price offer like I did as it gives free entrance to many of the top sights in London (Tower of London, Hampton Court, St. Paul's, Windsor Castle) and avoids the queues at some places although I never found that to be necessary.

I purchased a 6 day pass at 1/2 price for my recent trip to London (unfortunately the offer has expired but I found it on the www.visitlondon.com website) and used it to visit all kinds of places that I wouldn't have seen had I not purchased it.

But to save money at full price you really have to do the math before you purchase, we would not have saved money on my husband's 3 day pass had it not been 1/2 price. It's not as good of a value as the Museum Pass in Paris nor does cutting the queues really add that much benefit. www.londonpass.com

Let them eat cake

by rickyvilla81

St.Brides Fleet Street has a familiar look to it - it was the inspiration behind the Wedding Cake. A local baker, William Rich, was well known for his decorative desserts, and wanted a special cake for his daughter Susanna's wedding. He was up all night trying to design one when he looked out of his window, and in the early morning sun saw the spire and had a flash of inspiration (he was in-spired, you may say). He copied the Chris Wren's church as a cake, and it has been used ever since. you can see the original wedding dress of Susanna Rich in the crypt of the Church.

Leaving tips in pubs

by sourbugger

Whilst common in America - it is just not done in Britain.

A number of pubs in London are however going down this route, trying to encourage tipping, by returning change on a small plate.

Just pick it up - no problem.

Your paying through the nose for flat, watery, southern, puffy, girlie beer anyway.

Don't bring new shoes!

by christine.j

There is nothing you can't buy in London, though it may be expensive.However, the one thing you should definitely bring from home are comfortable, well-worn shoes.
During a trip with my mother I had packed a pedometer, because we wanted to know how much walking we were doing. Even though I didn't walk as much as I would have done on a trip on my own, in the evening the counter showed us 21 km.So, comfortable shoes are a must!

Comments