41 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 0PS, United Kingdom

Costs 37% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Paulo&Rosario's Profile Photo

Good stay Hotel In London

Hotel Ibis London Euston St Pancras

Recommended by being the best location, nice rooms, modern and very busy, quiet location.
    It's location is just next to Euston central station, so you can take a train out of London, or the subway anywhere in london or even the famous red buses anywhere around London.
    Hotel with restaurant, but with quite good restaurants nearby. Very nice and helpfull team.
    fair price for such central hotel.

Unique Quality: It's location is just nesxt to Euston central station, so you can take a rain out of London, or the subway anywhere in London or even the famous Red Buses anywhere around London.

Directions: The Ibis London Euston hotel is located a few steps from Euston railway and underground stations, close to the shopping district of Oxford and Bond Streets and the central business district. Near the British Museum.

• ShannonCummins's Profile Photo

Red Carnation's Hotels

If you are looking for comfort, amazing service, good food, cleanliness and culture any of the Red Carnation's Hotels will do. Their hospitality is superb, their locations are excellent and these family run accomodations give all other London hoteliers a good run for their money! Have a look for yourselves! www.redcarnationhotels.com/London

Psst a little secret, they always have some sort of special offer going on too! Be sure to visit your preferred properties website!

Be sure to see their properties outside of London too!

Unique Quality: Friendly and organized staff, great food, cozy rooms, clean bathrooms with all ameneties and locations are just fab!!

My personal favorites are the 41, Milestone, Chesterfield and the Summer Lodge in Dorset!!

Directions: London! From the Mayfair to Bloomsbury, to Knightsbridge and Kensington or back to the Palace...you are bound to find a property that best suites you!

More about 41 Hotel

A bit disappointed!

I was quite disappointed with our stay at Hotel 41. I think what caused this was that the website promises comfort after comfort. Little things like jelly beans and coffee making facilities in the rooms which weren't there to bigger things like not bringing us our champagne that was part of our package or having a non-working fireplace led to an overall feeling of dissatisfaction.

The website promises fresh flowers and a DVD player in every room, which we had neither. There was no afternoon tea, which was specifially mentioned in our package. The personal butler who is supposed to see to all your needs was a very nice young man, but obviously wasn't trained on mixing drinks. No CD or DVD library, also high-lighted on the website. The plunder the pantry consisted of some pretzel mix and a couple mini snickers bars set out on a glass plate. Little disappointment after little disappointment led to our being two very unhappy guests.

The rooms were gorgeous, and the bathroom was luxurious, but we would never stay there again. They promise a lot, but the only thing they can deliver is very nice rooms.

True excellence!

by TripAdvisor Member smuie

After much research, I decided to stay at Hotel 41 on my visit to London (March 13-17). The location and wonderful accolades on this website were the deciding factors for me. The location is incredibly convenient. It is literally 2 blocks from Victoria Station so if you are arriving at Gatwick Airport you can take the Gatwick Express to Victoria Station and walk to the hotel. More importantly, it is walking distance to a mother load of tourist attractions. The most obvious is Buckingham Palace which is 2-3 blocks away. The Mews and the Queen's Gallery are directly across the street from the hotel. I walked down the Mall from Trafalgar Square on a lovely day and admired the beautiful St. James and Green Parks. In addition, I walked to the War Rooms, Westminster Abbey, Parliament and the London Eye. Those attractions are a bit farther but only took me about 20 minutes. Now to the facilities and staff...As mentioned previously on this site, 41 is not very well known by cab drivers so always ask them to let you off at Rubens. The entrance to 41 is simply a foyer and an elevator which you take to the 5th floor. We arrived mid-morning and were greeted. The manager, Chantal, offered us a larger room which was not available until later in the afternoon; however, she offered us the use of another room to freshen up and store our bags while we visited the Mews. The first room was really on the small side so I am grateful for the offer. The room that we actually stayed in was very nicely appointed. The beds really are as comfortable as people claim and it was a nice effect to have a fireplace. The hotel food is quite good and service very prompt. The hotel uses the Rubens concierges who are quite helpful and knowledgable. We were able to get very good seats to The Producers with a weeks notice. It was an absolute pleasure to stay here. I was especially grateful for the truly nice staff after dining at Claridge's and having to deal with a very snooty doorman who wouldn't even look you in the eye. No question, you will be happy with the quiet and convenient location and very attentive service.

Super clean and friendly

Read the reviews on this site and couldn't agree more. The only reason I gave it "4" instead of "5" is that the staff needs a geography lesson. And, the staff needs immersion in the attractions of London, including restaurants. Almost every time we asked for directions, they were wrong. Also, all restaurant recommendations were TERRIBLE. We loved "BBar" downstairs but, its closed on the weekend. The breakfast was not good. But, I, unlike most on this site, really don't expect a good breakfast at any hotel if it is included in the room rate. Still, great decor, fresh and clean.

perfect

Mu husband and I were on a short layover in London and we stayed here for one night. We will be back!! Great location, it is only on one floor next to another hotel. Private, quiet, wonderful service and very spiffy decor! Look on the internet for good deals

Great Little Base - Has a Few Problems

by TripAdvisor Member milhouse

I really wanted to give the 41 Hotel a 5 star rating (after reading all of the previous reviews I couldn't wait to get there). While everything was extremely nice, there were some glitches with the hotel.

1) Several service problems required more than one call (and more than one day) before anything was even done. Small example (there were others)- we paid for champagne to be in our room upon arrival = 3 days after we we were there (and after several requests), our champagne was brought to our room. This might be a small item to complain about, but if you're paying for that item shouldn't you get it when you're supposed to. You don't order a pizza thinking that maybe the person will bring it 3 days from now.

2) Contrary to everything that is written in their brochures etc., dvd players and cd players are not in every room. In fact, we requested both items several times for 2 different rooms - we were denied them every time (in both rooms) we requested them. I'm not trying to nitpick, but why advertise that you can utilize their extensive dvd/cd library to be used with your room's dvd/cd system if you're not going to be given a dvd/cd system. It's not that I want to spend my time in London in my hotel room, but it would have been nice (late at night or early in the morning) to have been able to utilize the system that they advertised in several of their publications.

3) The first room we were given was a king deluxe room w/fireplace. While the room was charming, there was absolutely no room to put luggage away. I'm not exaggerating here - there was none (we had to stack it up in front of the window).

4) The second room we were given, after the neighbors across the hall turned our section of the hotel into one big noisy party and we requested another room, had no fireplace (it did have a little room for some luggage), but the desk and chair were positioned so as to make getting to one side of the bed very difficult (especially in the middle of the night when you have to go to the bathroom). I stubbed my toe 3 times.

I'm not trying to say that we didn't have a good time at the 41 Hotel (it was our first visit to London and the whole trip, including the trip to Paris prior to our trip to London, was simply awesome). Chantal was extremely nice, the lounge was a nice place to sit and have a drink, everyone was extremely friendly, the rooms were appointed very well - but the problems above shouldn't be happening if you're paying top dollar (at least if you want to get 5 stars from me). I want to like it a lot more (maybe you all received the type of room and the ameinities we thought we were going to receive and for some reason, even though we paid for a king deluxe room, we were given the so-so rooms with no added amenities). Whatever the case may be, it is a nice hotel, but it does have some kinks that need to be worked out.

most awesome hotel on earth

when you enter, you might feel you have gone to heaven! we were escorted to our room and welcomed by at least 5 of the staff who knew us by name! we were immediately brought a snack and drinks to our luxurious jr. suite. i have travelled all over the world and this is the most intimate hotel i have ever stayed in. it is the smallest (only 18 rooms) 5 star hotel in london. everything was taken care of and all our needs were met before we knew we had them! i wanted a drink that they did not have the supplies to make and the staff went to the bar next door and brought me a drink from them. the next day, they had the supplies to make my drink. the beds are heavenly and the shower is incredible. can't say enough about this hotel--- if you have the chance, well worth every penny spent to stay at this hotel!!!!

Stay here and not anywhere else!

by TripAdvisor Member KerryLouLou

Spent one night for my 40th birthday at the wonderful 41 in Victoria (Buckingham Palace Road). Having only 18 rooms means that the service is personal at all times. All staff know, and address you by, your name. Constant supply of fresh towels. A nice selection of fresh fruit in the room too. The bathrooom was stunning with an amazing walk in shower plus full bath with yet another shower. The bed - where do I start? Huge, sumptuous, incredibly comfotable, lovely bed linen. Lovely selection of freshly squeezed juices for breakfast, starbucks coffee, leaf tea and whatever combination of breakfast items you desire. We checked out at 11am but they were happy to look after our bags until later in the day. In fact we returned, exhausted having trawled round London at 6ish. They insisted we sit down and chill out in the lounge for a while and brought us coffee and biscuits for no charge. OK, yes it is expensive at £300 a night or thereabouts. But plenty of London hotels charge that amount of money and do not give the kind of service or attention to detail that the 41 gives. 41 is a haven of tranquility just a stones throw from hustle and bustle of central London.

want to feel like a princess?????

The rooms are on the small size, ish!!! but are intimate, big enough, with everything you could need. The staff are not only attentive but personal and friendly. The lounge is fantastic and as a birthday treat the choice was perfect. Couldn't recommend it ENOUGH. The self service bar, pantry, friendly staff, and fire in the room made a great trip better. We both thoroughly recommend it.

Comments