ABC Hyde Park Hotel

Satisfaction Poor

More about London

The Globe Tavern, LondonThe Globe Tavern, London

Tetragrammaton DetailTetragrammaton Detail

The comfy bed.The comfy bed.

Colour and vibrancy in Portobello RdColour and vibrancy in Portobello Rd

Hotel with parking near London City airport

by pjtuk

I am flying out from London City Airport in January. I have to be at the airport at 05:15. Does anyone know of a cheap hotel with parking so I can get a taxi to the airport and leave my car safely for a week. The London City Airport car park quotes the parking cost at £240 which is silly money. Thanks in advance.

Re: Hotel with parking near London City airport

by leics

There are no 'cheap' hotels in London.

However you can find hotel + parking packages (one usually has to book at least one night) for City airport here:

Cheapest airport parking is best booked long in advance.

gives a quote of £205 for a week's parking.

Re: Hotel with parking near London City airport

by zuriga

Two of the least expensive hotel chains in the UK are Travelodge and Premier Inn. I write about airports and know that there is a Premier Inn about a mile from London City. Whether or not they have parking deals, is something I do not know but it's worth asking.

Travel Tips for London

Eurostar

by mgmarcus

2 1/4 hours but you need to be there at least 30 minutes before departure with your ticket or you will not be allowed to board.

Prices vary depending on day, time and type of ticket. Lower prices seem to sell out fast. Link below refers.

London Tip

by SueDavison

One of the best things about London for me are the bars and shops around Covent Garden and Soho. It is always so lively, and you can eat and drink whatever you like and choose the atmosphere you want.

I visited London many times...

by omar_samra

I visited London many times before but now that i've been living there for over a year i'm getting a completely different picture of it. The most amazing thing about it is that no matter what your like or where your interests lie, the chances are you'll find whatever it is your looking for and people to do them with. It's not surprising when there are so many different people from the different parts of the world. Get on the tube and chances are your going to see at least three groups of people speaking different languages. I find this fascinating!

Park Square, Regents Park

by alucas

Park Square was built between 1823-25 and was designed by John Nash. The whole square is Grade 1 listed, and the freehold of the properties belong to the Crown Estates. Originally planned by Nash along with Park Crescent as the formal approach to Regent’s Park from Portland Place. There are two terraces of 12 houses, Park Square West, and Park Square East.

The 6 lamp standards outside the houses (not really visible in this photo) are listed separately, and date from around 1830-37.

I had an interesting cultural...

by WorldXplorer

I had an interesting cultural experience in Earls' Court in my first week here. I saw a man walking my way who looked like he had hands covered in blood! I let out a little gasp and he asked me what was the matter and I told him. He laughed and showed me his hands and I could see that closer-up they were reddish-brown, NOT blood-red! He told me it was henna a dye (I THINK temporary?) because he was getting married that day so his hand/s was dyed! I said 'I thought at first it was blood, maybe you'd hurt yourself or killed somebody!' We both had a chuckle over this and I felt I'd learned something new! London in places is quite ethnically-diverse, e.g. in Earls' Court.
On the BAD side of things, honestly, compaired to the 'Clean Green' attitude we try to promote in New Zealand, some people in London seem to be notorious for littering. It is so sad to see pretty places marred by ugly litter. One of the few things I seriously dislike about London. I'm not saying litter is everywhere though. Also, I read in my guidebook, London's don't often talk to strangers on the tube but are very helpful if you're asking for directions and I have often found the first to be true and definately the second. I am very pleased at the courteous way the men over here let women go first they are so polite in that and it is soooo sweet! Some London men seem to swear a heck of a lot though! I shouldn't generalise though. But at least a lot of people in London DO seem polite which is nice.

Comments