Airways Hotel

Expedia.com Agoda.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 60% more and rated 15% lower than other 2 star hotels

• AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Avoid at all costs Dirty, no english breakfast unless you call stale toast and cornflakes a breakfast bedroom smelt terible walls left my coat covered in powder if touched terrible to get off all in all the worst hotel i have ever stayed in

Unique Quality: none

• Wisxox's Profile Photo

An average Bed and Breakfast

The rooms were small but expected. The mattress was very bad and the showere didn't very well. The hot and cold water did not mix.

The breakfast was adequate but only two choices, English Breakfast or Corn Flakes, and after 6 nights this became boring.

Directions: Very near the Victoria Underground and Railways Station

More about Airways Hotel

Airways Hotel not bad

by TripAdvisor Member finnrobert

Yes, the previous writers are spot on with there comments etc.. However, it is a great location and decent rates. The rooms are inter rail style not much more than a bed, TV, and a mini bathroom. Safe location, nice staff, even a modest breakfast included. Hey, who wants to stay indoord while in London anyways

'Airways' is Terrible Hotel

I travel a lot during last fifteen years. During fifteen years I have never seen so terrible quality hotel like “Airways” in London, Victoria.

We arrived at “Airways” hotel. We looked at our room and were shocked. The square size of the room was so small that we could not get in together. The bathroom was extremely small. The adult person can get in with big difficulties. The shower cabin was barely attached to the floor and was shaking when I got in. In addition the room wasn’t clean. It has specific unpleasant smell.

We requested the owner to give us another room. He offered us the room on the upper floor. The hotel does not have a lift. It was very difficult for us to get to the upper floor with our luggage. The room again was not clean. Then owner offered us the room in the basement. The room did not have telephone and TV-set in the working condition. It smells sewer. So, we had to change three rooms before he offered us the room on the second floor with one bed, but requested us to pay additional money.

Finally, I have never seen so awful hotel with so bad service like “Airways” hotel in London. We spend a lot of money and did not get even reasonable service. I will never recommend to anybody to stay at “Airways” hotel in London, UK

Michael, USA

Missleading information and an awful room

I booked a small single room from the own website of the Airways hotel. They underlined in internet that the room is small, but told that there is a toilet in the room, also a writing desk and a fridge.

It was Saturday afternoon I got there. Immediately in the reseption they started explain me, that maybe I will not be satisfied with the room and I could change it (and pay a little more) on very next day.

When I got in to the room - which shouldn't even call a room, I was sure I didn't want to stay there.
The room was like a closet with a bed. No frigde, no writing desk and no toilet. Only a water basin and yes, there was a shower. Everything looked run down and there was some kind of ventilation channel, which was dirty.
I could absolutely even think about staying in that room.

I have travelled quite a lot and very often I book a room in advance using internet. This was something I had never seen before. I mean, I'm not a person who wants to have luxury a even near, but this room was really awful.

When I asked about this missleading information in there website, they told me that the management has changed in May and they have had no time to update the website. That sounds very odd!

I checked out immediately and started to look for another hotel. All the hotels were fully booked, but luckily I found one.

If you want to stay in a dump, stay here!

by TripAdvisor Member misterburns

My partner and I had the serious misfortune of staying at this nasty dump on June 6 - but thankfully it was only one night. We had flown back from Sweden for the final night of our trip, and didn't want to spend a lot of money (most decent hotels in London are expensive in American dollars- and nice ones are very expensive!). We paid $115 American dollars for this crapfest. We had booked a night in the Hanover Hotel, based on the cheap cost and the pictures on this site, and the so-so reviews. We figured, it's only one night, it looks decent, and we aren't gonna be there much. When we arrived to the Hanover (first of all, the street is numbered very strangely so it took a while to find), we were told in broken English (the hotels are run by folks from India) that there was no room in the hotel so we now had a room in the Airways Hotel, accross the street. Additionally, they had a sign that said "air conditioning available in some rooms, please ask" - and I did - only to find out that it was $30 more to have a/c - which is not what was written in the description of the hotel. Also, it said that each room had wireless internet - not true. In the Airways dump, you have to go to the lobby to have internet - and you have to pay!!! So in broken English we got shuttled over to the Airways hotel, across the street. All the 'hotels' on this row are basically crappy hostels. They call them Bed and Breakfasts, but don't think for a second that that is true. Overall there was a general strangeness and weirdness to the whole deal - we thought we were getting bamboozled. Over at the Airways we were given a huge keyring for the room and told that when we left the hotel we had to leave the key at the front desk! Up 3 flights of stairs, we found our room - if you can call it that. 3 crammed-in beds, a small refridgerator, and a bathroom so tiny it made the ones in Paris look luxurious. If you are even a bit overweight, you couldn't fit in this bathroom. The hot and cold water comes out different spickets, so you either burn yourself or freeze yourself. And the shower - nasty, it overflowed on to the rest of the floor because it wouldn't drain, you couldn't avoid the shower curtain being all over you, and it was impossible to move. Overall the room was dirty and nasty - it felt like being in a slum apartment. There was a disturbing figure on the ceiling - some kind of green little figure that someone had taken the head off the body and put them on the ceiling in different places. Now the really disturbing part is no one had removed them. See the pictures. The room was so disgusting overall, we wondered how clean the sheets were. There was a towel on each bed and a small bar of soap on each - and the soap bars were unwrapped. There was no a/c in the room obviously, so we opened up the window and tried to get some sleep. Didn't get much. Even the lock on the door was questionable. We tried to use our phone but were told the line had to be set up first. (later when we checked out, we were charged a ton because we made some phone calls to a cell phone - watch out!) And then later we discovered you had to pay for Internet downstairs in the lobby and sit there with your laptop. I could go on and on about this room and this place. But the bottom line is, it's a dump. It should be torn down. Don't stay here. You'll be sorry. Forget what anybody else says - it -- !!!!
Take your $115, scrounge up some more, and get a decent place for $200 or more.
Remember - you're on vacation. Don't ruin it by staying here.

very cramped and basic

by TripAdvisor Member St_Louis_Mo_Margie

We stayed there for 3 nights in Feb. 2005. The room was much smaller than anticipated. The bathroom was extremely small. They do not provide you with kleenex or wash cloths. The breakfast was good but expect to be served pork and beans (? typical for English breakfasts). The hotel is run down and there is no elavator, you may have to walk up 2-3 flights of stairs. The location was good though.

Never again, nobody should

by TripAdvisor Member Ingrid2

We are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids), stayed there for 6 nights (could not get any other hotel unfortunately). Nobody wanted to come back to the Hotel in the evening. The room was shabby, terrible beds. The bathrom was right from a ship or something, even the kids could not sit on the loo with the door closed. One could not turn in the shower, if u dropped something on the floor u had to stand outside to pick it up. Terribly simple breakfast. Bad tempered, unsmiling serving staff in the breakfast room. Nice people in the reception is the only positive thing about this hotel. Never again!! Advice strongly against staying at this hotel, my kids still have nightmares. We are travelling to London again this Easter and sincerely thank people who post reviews on Trip advisor.

My second stay (and still okay)

My husband and I have just come back from a one night stay at the Airways and after reading the posts here I had been a bit anxious to return after two years and apparent change of management, but it was fine!
I had spent three nights in their "small single room" in May 2004 and though the room was very small (hence the name) it had all I needed and I felt very safe there.
This time I had booked a double room and we were given what must have been a triple or a quad, nice and spacious with high ceilings. The hotel could do with a makeover and the "bathroom" is a bit of a joke, but what do you expect at 49 pounds for a double incl. tax and breakfast? The staff were very friendly, the room did its job (I don't go London to spend a lot of time in the room anyhow), the breakfast was okay (yes, baked beans are part of it - doesn't mean you have to eat them. There is a continental choice with cornflakes as well.) The location is great - a nice, light, "feel safe" area very close to Victoria train and coach station (e.g. for Terravision bus to and from Stansted) and a lot of "major sights" in walking distance. I wouldn't want to spend six weeks here but for a short trip I would return (and spend the money saved on theatre tickets).

Try somewhere else.

Visited February 2005 with travel companion. Although I had received written acknowledgement about arrival/departure times, room was not ready upon arrival. When presented with a room, it was not what I had requested. Waited another extended period of time. Was presented with another room, which still was not what I had reserved; we took it, because we were too tired to wait any longer. The room was marginal, at best. The bath facilities were so tiny and cramped, one could hardly move. Breakfast was good. Front desk staff were unconcerned and seemingly did not care about anything. Would not recommend this property. I have stayed at many other lovely properties in London. I will not return to this one. Mitchell K. Rodgers Lexington, NC USA.

airways hotel victoria

by lfc

hi i am staying in the airways hotel near victoria and looking at the reviews on this site i am begining to think i should cancell it.
has anyone stayed there recently that could give me an opinion on it
cheers

Re: airways hotel victoria

by jo104

I don't know the hotel but I would be worried about reviews warning of bed bugs, usually people who were satisfied staying at a hotel don't review - you could email the vt'ers direct and ask their opinion.

Re: airways hotel victoria

by bjakobss

We usually stay at Wellington Range near Vincent Square. We like it. We can walk to Victoria Station from there.

Comments