Amsterdam Hotel

Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

More about Amsterdam Hotel

A GREAT STAY

by TripAdvisor Member loneadventurer

Stayed for 1 night at this Hotel on the 29th November and was very impressed.
My single room was quite small but had the luxury of a double
bed with T.V., tea/coffee making facilities and windows that opened plus a small but spotlessly clean bathroom with white fluffy towels. The dining room was spotless and a good choice of cereals, fruit, fruit juices, toast, croissants with jam or marmalade and tea or coffee with cream (not milk)
All the staff were friendly and very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. I would not hesitate in recommending this Hotel to anyone. The Tube station is only 3 min walk and a 15 min walk takes you to the Nat.History Museum which is well worth a visit.

Great Convenient Location, Would be Happy To Return!!

by TripAdvisor Member GMGSS

Reading the reviews prior to my visit was a bit scary.
After having stayed at the hotel, I was very happy with my overall stay.
I would definitely return to this place. Perhaps the only negative part of the room was the size of shower as its combined with the toilet and there was only a shower curtain to separate them.
I stayed in a single room ( #13) but even with this little negative mark, I was happy with my room. Enjoyed the daily continental breakfast. Cereal, Toast, Canned Fruit, Orange Juice,
Coffee, Tea. A Hot English Breakfast had to be requested the night before for an additional charge.
I remember one day I requested a hot breakfast and this was served to me not long after I sat down.
It contained an egg, ham, suages, potato, toast, Coffee, Tea, Orange Juice. The hotel had free wireless internet access if you have a laptop. You could also connect through one of their 2 computers, which for me where always available as I didn't carry a laptop. The staff was friendly and courteous at all times. Thanks for making my stay pleasant.

[---]

Clean, friendly and well located

by TripAdvisor Member adovdo

I wrote a trip report about our stay in London, but they move down the list very quickly and end up lost in the hundreds of other posts.

Moderate and budget priced hotels in London have very small rooms. That seems to be the general concensus in the various posts I read before we booked a hotel. So I was not suprised when we arrived at just how small the room was, OK I was a little bit, by North American standards I have clients with closets that are larger than the room we had. We were 3 adults and 1 8 year old boy, so we had a family room which consisted of a queen sized bed and a double (I asked for a queen and 2 singles but we didn't get that). The room was L shaped, and in the corner we had a small table with 2 chairs and a small LCD TV mounted on the wall above. Very small closets too. The bathroom as described in other posts here is also small.
BUT, it all is kept very very clean. They really do look after the rooms here.
After we got settled in everything was fine and comfortable.
The beds were really cosy too, everyone had no problems sleeping.

There has been mention about the lift here, yes there is one, but like many things it is really really small. 1 person and 1 large suitcase is about all you can fit in it. But it does work, just takes a couple of trips to get your bags to your room.

Location is great, we took the Tube from Heathrow, got off at Earls Court station (which has a lift) walked out, turned left, took the next left and there it is. Earls Court is a great station for getting around from.

I am certain that when visiting London again I would stay here again

Here is my trip report

a great little hotel - cheap, clean and comfortable

by TripAdvisor Member earthorbit

The hotel is very well situated for earl's court tube station and the exhibition centres. It looks tidy and well kept from the outside. The reception staff were polite and helpful. There is a lift to get to the upper floors, but it is very small. I could barely fit in on my own with my suitcase. My single-person's room was very clean and included tea/coffee making facilities and satellite TV. The bathroom was very small but functional. Even though the room was a single, there was lots of room and a double bed! Continental breakfast is free, or cooked b/fast is an extra £4.00. All in all i can recommend this hotel to anyone and would gladly consider staying on future visits to london.

Good value for money

by TripAdvisor Member pjeanne

A nice little hotel, very friendly and helpful staff at the reception. In summary a very good value for money (70 GBP / night incl continental breakfast).
The room I had was quite small, but everything was impeccable: good bedding, very clean bathroom, flat screen TV and free Internet WiFi access. The pictures posted by previous reviewers are indeed accurate.
The area is calm and well connected to the tube, so you can move very easily.

AMsterdam hotel in London - very nice

by TripAdvisor Member TanyaMoscow

I stayed twice in this hotel and enjoyed my stay there both times. In February the room was a bit small, but it was so neat and nice, that I did not really care much about the size. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. So I wanted to come again. And I did. This time the room was larger, very cozy, light, and just as neat as the first time. I stayed almost a week there and was very pleased with the stay again. It is a nice hotel. And very conveniently located - just a minute from Earls Court, which makes you very well connected to everywhere in London.
My greatest thanks to the owners and the staff of the hotel.

Tatiana Rybina, Moscow, Russia

Nice little hotel, good value, great location.

by TripAdvisor Member joeesha

When you stay in a budget hotel, you shouldn't expect too much.

The room was small, badly located and a bit noisy, but it was nicely decorated, very clean, had a large bathroom and best of all, was cheap.

If you are a tourist visiting London, I wouldn't expect you to spend much time here anyway, you should be out seeing the sites!

The free breakfast was mediocre at best.

The staff were very helpful and nice.

The location could not be any better, as it is 50 meters at most from the Earls Court Metro station. The restaurants in the area are decent, and we loved a little place nearby called the "Little French Restaurant" that had a perfectly fine prix fixe dinner for 10 pounds, a London bargain!

All in all, not perfect, but a pleasant enough experience.

Home from Home

by TripAdvisor Member LillyEire

Just back from Chelsea flower show and 4 nights in the Amsterdam Hotel. Really enjoyed our stay. Very clean hotel,continental breakfast was very enjoyable.The staff were so friendly and helpful.This is a lovely area to stay in and the hotel is great value for zone one,3 mins from tube station.
The best compliment I can pay the Amsterdam is that I will be back. Great value for london. Judie gives 100% as Manager.

Good value, friendly staff, great location

by TripAdvisor Member otterco

My wife and I stayed at the Amsterdam Hotel in London at the tail-end of our vacation (June 13-16, 2007). We came in from Belgium on the high-speed, took the tube to Earl's Court--the hotel is maybe a one minute walk from the tube station.

The check-in/out process was quick and painless. Staff was nice and even charged my credit card in dollars, which let me avoid the bank conversion charge.

One thing to note: if you're staying in the front of the hotel the noise from the street could be an issue for you as it is not very far from busy Earl's Court Road. Also, the walls are pretty thin and we could hear a baby crying in another room. Not a big deal, but it seemed to bother another hotel patron one night.

Anyway, one thing I wasn't aware of beforehand is that the hotel room had no air conditioner, but that's typical of most inexpensive London hotels. We kept the balcony windows open at night.

The bathroom, as mentioned in other reviews, is rather small and the shower area takes some getting used to. Actually, though, it wasn't as bad as some other reviewers made it out to be and I never had an issue with it. The room and bathroom facilities were spotless (although small) and everything worked fine--plenty of hot water and in-room facilities. Honestly, how much time is a tourist going to spend in the hotel room in London anyway?

Also, there was a nice in-room flat panel TV but no clock radio. The hotel staff does wake-up calls though.

The bed and sheets were clean and very comfortable.

There are tons of grocery stores, coffee shops, restaurants and good, safe pubs nearby. There is no hotel bar.

We never felt unsafe in the area.

This is a good hotel for the budget-conscious traveler who wants to have a good location -- Earl's Court tube station is on 3 lines and it never took us more than 20 minutes by tube to any major location/tourist attraction in the city.

I can recommend this hotel without issue. For the area, I consider it a bargain. Having stayed around the corner at the much pricier K+K Hotel George in 2005, I know this is true.

Great little hotel

by TripAdvisor Member traumaknight

Very nice hotel in London. Have stayed there twice on business, once with my father. Very clean and comfortable rooms, about average size for Europe it seems. Free internet access in the basement (very helpful.) Staff are very professional and courteous; is not in a particularily great location, but it is literally 30 seconds from the Earls Court underground station and you can be anywhere in minutes. My father (notoriously difficult to impress) thought it was pretty fantastic.

The Gun pub - LondonThe Gun pub - London

Interior (2)Interior (2)

Folk heading the the epicentre..Folk heading the the epicentre..

view from my dorm windowview from my dorm window

Plus size shopping in London?

Hi Guys and girls

I am going to London next week, and I wonder if there are any good tips on plus size shopping. I know about Evan's, I am sure I will run into one of their stores. But is there anything else or are they the only place to buy nice plus size clothes? And for a reasonable budget. I.e. not 100 pounds for a simple top.

Greetings
Carina

by leics

Evans is well-known, but there are more options (depending on your required size).

You should also find nice things in Marks & Spencer, Debenhams, Jaeger and (possibly) Monsoon and East (all these have websites with store finders) as well as other chains and independent shops.

Also:

by qaminari

Another chain is Ann Evans, which you will find in Oxford Street, and also look in chains like C&A.

by leics

C&A does not exist in the UK. The last branch here closed in 2001. I am always fascinated when I find branches elsewhere in Europe.

'Ann Evans' is, I think, what is now simply called 'Evans'. They have branches all over the UK.

by local_guide

Look for an Ann Harvey shop also.

by leics

The only London branch of Ann Harvey is at 266 Oxford Street.

www.annharveyfashion.co.uk will give you an idea of styles and prices.

by catje1977

thank you so much for your answers thus far! Looks like I will be hitting the shops next week :-) Maybe they will even have plus sizes on the market

by catje1977

By the way, that beigeplus site looks nice, but it has no prices. I am guessing this one is a LOT more expensive than Evans, right?

by leics

They will have plus sizes on markets, although the range will be more limited.

Can't help with prices, I'm afraid, but neither branch is difficult to access so it's probably worth a wander.

will give you door-to-door public transport options.

Comments