Arran House Hotel

cpiers47's Profile Photo

On the Street Where you Live

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 24, 2008

I read a review of this hotel that said a guest expected Rex Harrison (of My Fair Lady) to appear singing on the street. I think that is one reason I really liked the neighborhood. Not only is it safe, clean and central, but there's a bit of personality to the place as well.

Unique Quality: My first stay was in a bed in the hostel room (July 08). I chose it because the hotel had received such great reviews and had only one hostel room. I'm not a fan of hostels, but was at the end of a backpacking trip and needed something inexpensive. The breakfast was great and our bedding was changed daily. The bunk bed - surprisingly - was incredibly comfortable. My only concern was that there were no available lockers for any valuables (the room was not booked full when I arrived). I put my things in the hotel safe instead, but would rather have locked them away.

In January of 2009, I stayed in a single room with shared bath. It was easy to choose the Arran House again as I made my travel plans because I knew the location and that I would be getting a good deal in the central part of London. The single was small but very comfortable and the staff was incredibly kind. When the wireless internet (free, by the way) wasn't working for a few hours, they quickly logged me in to a lobby computer without charge.

As a woman traveling alone to London, I was pleased with the safe feeling of the neighborhood as well as the location close to a Tube station.

Directions: From the Goodge Street Station, take a left at the exit and cross the street. Take the next right (Torrington) and Gower will be the third right.

Great Home Away From Home

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 2, 2008

When I first arrived in London to study, I stayed here for a few weeks - it was a very nice - EXTREMELY CLEAN - hostel. And the comforters were unreal ;). We even had a tv + DVD player in the room - which made it very nice when my friends and I would rent DVDs from our school =D. The staff was really great - and it's in an amazing part of London. Sometimes the line for the bathroom was a little long though - but the amazing English breakfast made up for it. The back rose garden was a great place to just sit, write, and enjoy a glass of wine :).

Unique Quality: Tv in every room. Great English breakfast.

Nearby Arran House Hotel

Arran House Hotel

• Arran House London

Address: 77 - 79 Gower Street, Central London, England, London, WC1E 6HJ, United Kingdom

1 Photo of Arran House Hotel

View Professional Photos

London Travel Forum

Need advice about London, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for London and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest London hotel reviews