Aston's Budget Apartments

Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

• DeltaBlue's Profile Photo

Home Away From Home

I spent the first week of April, 2003, in London. I stayed at the Astons Apartments four of those days. They have a number of things going for them: 1) Great Location - On a quiet street just between Gloucester Road and Old Brompton Road and only a five-minute walk to the Gloucester Road tube station which has 3 lines (Piccadilly, District & Circle) for great connections. 2) Great Price - I paid 69 GBP per night for an executive studio apartment with two large windows that opened to a lovely garden, a queen-sized bed, marble bathroom with a heated towel bar, and a kitchenette with everything you need if you'd rather cook your breakfast instead of getting dressed and going out for it. There was even a dining table! A nice sized room, by any standards. 3) Great Neighborhood - In fashionable and safe South Kensington, with many pubs serving great food, as well as upscale restaurants. Nearby was a wonderful grocery store called Waitrose where I shopped, just next to the tube station. (Also very cool - a car dealership that sold Lotus, Ferrari and Masserati at the end of the block!) 4) Great Service - Steve, Ross and John were marvelous and let me check-in early since my apartment was ready. They let me use the internet for free each evening after 6PM so I could stay in touch with home. I never saw the efficient staff who made my bed and washed my dishes every day, but they made my stay so pleasant. I wish I'd stayed there the whole time. I will certainly stay there again. Highly recommended!!

Unique Quality: Super Neighborhood!

Directions: South Kensington area

More about Aston's Budget Apartments

Any recent stays at Astons Apartments?

by HaneG

Hi all -- looking to stay for about 10/11 nights next summer. Astons Apartments on Rosary Gardens seems to have gotten consistently good reviews for the past few years on various tourist sites. Just wondering if anyone has stayed recently and their experiences.

Thanks!!

RE: Any recent stays at Astons Apartments?

by mels1962

I stayed there for a night last year. Rooms are v. small but if you are only looking for somewhere to crash they are great at the price and only 5 mins from the V&A so it's a good location.

by HaneG

Hey - thanks for the reply! Do you remember if you stayed in a standard or "executive" room? From the sounds of it, we (my son & I) would need to reserve an executive - since it seems those may be a tad bigger.

Thanks again!

by mels1962

I was onmy own so I stayed in a very tiny room - can't recall what they called it but I am sure they do bigger ones.

As I said it's fine if you just want somewhere to lay your head. Clean and secure and cheap.

by superowl

Regularly use Astons when I am working in London and would recommend.

The standard rooms are quite small but well equipped, the small kitchen avoids paying for breakfast which cen be very expensive in UK hotels, there is an excellent Waitrose supermarket next to the nearest tube station at Gloucester Road. The area is quiet but smart, you have the museums at South Kensington nearby and at night Brompton Road, Kings Road and Fulham Road offer plenty of variety in terms of places to eat out and shop.My favourite part of london.

Comments