Bayswater Inn

Poor Value

Rated Lower than similar hotels

See Popular Hotels

Bad London Hotel

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 31, 2008

I just completed a week's stay (Jan.'08) at the Bayswater Inn. The beds are nothing more than boxsprings with sheets on them. The cleaning staff would re-hang dirty towels off the bathroom floor rather than replace with clean towels. I know this is true because I marked the label tag on the towel with a pencil. At the end of the day the same dirty towel would be hung in the bathroom for re=use. The same with the styrofoam cups that were in the room. Instead of replacing cups that were used, they would be re-stacked for use again. I marked the bottoms of the cups with an "X" and found the same dirty cups ready for re-use. To get clean cups or towels, I had to exchange the dirty ones at the front desk. I would NOT recommend this hotel, even though the location was good.

christine.j's Profile Photo

Some general remarks

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 12, 2008

Update February 2010:

I just realized that the title of this tip has been changed to Bayswater Inn by VT staff. I have NEVER stayed in the Bayswater Inn and I suppose VT has looked at my title of this tip and decided to change it to Bayswater Inn because I said I would make some general remarks about the area, Bayswater.
Bayswater is still my favourite area to stay in London. I know VT has been changing lots of hotel tips, giving them new titles, but I do not want anybody to think I stayed in the Bayswater Inn.

My favourite area to stay in is Bayswater. Good transportation - two tube stations-, a good bus service, close to Paddington Station, many hotels, restaurants, shopping oportunities and close enough to Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park.It is not, however,a quiet neighbourhood. Because there are so many small hotels, it's a favourite area for school groups from all over Europe.Expect lots of teenagers in the streets, noise and partying going on.

I've never paid the rack rate, in fact I wonder if anybody ever does.Maybe the hotel just posts the rack rate so that people can say, "we're staying in a room that would be £200!"

Before booking I compare the rates of the travel agencies, in Germany ADAC, DER, TUI and NUR.I suppose a similar system exists in other countries as well. Very often these companies offer specials," stay 7 days, pay just 5" or "4 days for 3".As with all special deals, they are gone fast, so I book ahead.I've saved a lot of money this way.

Because of this I won't give any prices. If I tell you I got a great deal and paid about 60 Euro for my room, because I got a special deal, this is not going to help you if this deal is not offered next year.

Generally hotel rooms in London are small and expensive. Space is expensive in any big city and you have to pay for it. The rates I get through the agencies include breakfast, usually a continental one. Occasionally British breakfast is included, but I would never pay extra for it in a London hotel. I've had excellent cooked breakfasts in small B&Bs in the rest of the UK, but in a London hotel they were without exception too greasy for my taste.

One hotel we had stayed in was the Thistle Lancaster Gate hotel. I just read it is no longer a hotel and I can't say I'm surprised. It was by far the most expensive hotel I had booked in London, as a special treat for my mother. While the rooms were really nice and large, the staff's attitude was so bad that we vowed never to return.

Directions: Roughly between Bayswater Road and Paddington Station

tvor's Profile Photo

Prince's Square, Bayswater

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 16, 2005

Located in a quiet square a short walk from the Bayswater tube station and about 5 minutes more from the Queensway tube station on Bayswater road. Also in walking distance to Notting Hill area, Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens and Paddington train station. Hotel has a cafe and bar that stays open late for residents and room service to midnight.

Unique Quality: Elevator/Lift to all floors, all ensuite facilities. Rooms are standard size for London (i.e. not large). Depending on how you book, you may get continental breakfast included. Generally you can get that via sites such as Londonnights.com or Expedia. Prices on londonnights.com are cheaper than booking direct through the hotel.

reservations@bayswaterinn.co.uk

Directions: Out the Bayswater tube station, turn left on Queensway and immediate Left on Moscow Rd. 2nd major right, into Princes Sq.

barrikello's Profile Photo

A decent hotel, cheap and quite clean

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 5, 2005

I stayed at the Bayswater Inn two nights at the end of November 2004. I booked through expedia and I took advantage of a cheap offer. The hotel is located in a quiet area of Bayswater district; it's rather old and 'seventy' but is not bad and the room was clean. I regret the fact that I was given a triple room (with three beds) instead of a double room.

Unique Quality: There is no outstanding quality apart for the quite comfortable bathroom with tub. The rooms have television and kettle.

Hosell's Profile Photo

Nice place in downtow!

by written on August 25, 2002

In my tryp to London, I stayed at Bayswater Inn Hotel.
Very well situated,5 minutes walk to Hyde Park,and close to Whiteley's Shopping Centre.Also is next to Bayswater and Queensway underground stations.
The price is about 125 Pounds for a double room and continental breakfast.

Unique Quality: has bathroom,T.V.,phone,room service,restaurant,bar,and coffe facilities.

Nearby Bayswater Inn

• Room Service
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Shuttle Service

London Travel Forum

Need advice about London, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for London and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest London hotel reviews

Buckingham Palace
Madame Tussauds and Planetarium
Piccadilly
Things to Do
Airports (travel to and from)
Train / Bus Stations
Music, video, DVD's etc.
Pigeons
Madame Tussauds and Planetarium
Tourist Traps
Docklands Light Railway (DLR)
Airports
Arts and Entertainment
Parks and Gardens
Money Matters
Warnings and Dangers
Public Transport (not taxis)
Eating, Drinking and socialising