Bedford Hotel

Orbitz.com CheapTickets.com HotelTravel.com

Rated 14% higher but also costs 30% more than other 3 star hotels

• atlet's Profile Photo

My favourite

I stayed in the hotel many times. It is not a luxury hotel, but I always found a good atmospere there. It is very well located - close to the British Museum and thus not far from the very city centre and Oxford Street.

Unique Quality: I always asked for a room with window going to the garden. It was so quiet there!

Directions: Central London Area, British Museum round the corner

• bianchis's Profile Photo

Near to Russell's Square

Although I had read some negative reports on this hotel, I decided to book anyway as it is so conveniently situated, really near to Leicester Square, Picadilly, etc. The price £72 for single and £97 for a double room one night with breakfast was not bad and I did not expect any frills for a 3 star hotel.

We arrived in the morning at 9:30 prepared to leave our luggage and go sightseeing. How surprised we were when they checked us in and we were able to go to our rooms.

I asked for rooms away from the road side and we were given rooms overlooking the garden without any problem.

The staff was very efficient, there was never a queue at the desk, they were friendly so we had no problems.

The price £72 for a single room/£97 for a double one night with breakfast was not bad and I did not expect any frills for a 3 star hotel.

The room was OK, you could open the windows, depending if there was a party nearby it could get noisy. I knew the bathroom was tiny and that you had to fight with the curtain but these inconveniences were little as long as everything was clean.

Breakfast was a buffet with a choice of two juices, cornflakes and the usual muesli collection, eggs fried or scrambled, bacon, the usual unhealthy looking white bread and toast and on the second day I saw some soft brown bread. Fruit was the conserved ones. No joghurt or cheese. I was quite content with this as I did not need a big breakfast. The breakfast was airy and bright with a view of the garden.

Unique Quality: Excellent quality was its vicinity near to everything. The buses stopped almost in front of the hotel. It was between Russell and Holburn station. After a day of touring, we got back about 5pm showered had a catnap then we were off again for the evening entertainment.
    Oh I forgot - The British Museum is just behind this hotel

Directions: From Russells Tube station just a couple minutes walk. Just turn left when you get out of this station and then left again.

Comments