Best Western The Cromwell

110-112 Cromwell Road, Kensington, (former Stuart Hotel), London, SW7 4ES, United Kingdom
BEST WESTERN The Cromwell
Booking.com Orbitz.com Priceline.com

Costs 42% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Best Western The Cromwell

Great Location, small rooms, but overall pretty good........ for London

by TripAdvisor Member a1_hotel_rater

For London, the Cromwell Hotel is a hidden gem, a reasonably that is very modern.

The rooms in the hotel are very small, absolutely fine if you're on business or if you're sightseeing in London, if you want to spend large amounts of time relaxing in your room, the Cromwell isn't for you, but if you want a clean comfortable hotel with free wi-fi and a decent breakfast (including a free newspaper!), you should try the Cromwell.

I have had been unlucky enough to pay the same amount as I did at the Cromwell, in other London hotels, and the Cromwell stands out as the best hotel I have stayed in, in this price bracket for a long time.

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Dicko_8

We stayed two nights en route to rugby at Twickenham. Yes the room was small but that didn`t matter as we only wanted somewhere to sleep. We found the staff very helpful and the room spotless. For central London the price was good and we would not hesitate to stay there again. No breakfast so we can`t comment on that.

Great little hotel, great location

by TripAdvisor Member jetsaver

Spent a night there with my husband and son. Hotel is in a great location for the Royal Albert Hall where we were spending an evening and also good for the tube for other locations.
Hotel staff were extremely efficient and pleasant. Breakfast was excellent and the rooms we had, although small, were beautifully clean. Would stay there again without a doubt.

Really good Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member WollatonHall

We booked a twin room which was a good size. The room was lovely and clean. The staff were very polite & helpful.
We could leave our luggage. We didn't have breakfast but there are plenty of cafes within walking distance. Good location right by Gloucester Road Underground station.
It's noisy but that's the area.
Would recommend a stay there.

Loved It!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member AllisonK

We loved this hotel. The front desk staff was friendly and accomodating, they even allowed us to check in about 3 hours early. The room was small but very clean, comfortable and modern. The Gloucester Road underground station is right across the street which allowed easy access to anywhere in the city. There are plenty of restaurants, cafe's, and places to shop nearby. For the price of this hotel it exceeded our expectations. I would definitely stay here again.

loved it!!

by TripAdvisor Member baphead

great hotel, rooms small but recently renovated, if you don't like noise ask for a room at the back on the -1 floor - we stayed here and it was very quiet. staff very helpful and friendly, breakfast good but overpriced (we had it as part of package deal) - italian cafe round the corner opposite tube which does a good breakfast or waitrose over the road if you need a nibble!!. great stay, would definately use again next time in london.

Comfy, Convenient Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member domer2007

I stayed in this hotel on a short trip to London in Fall, 2007 and found it to be an excellent value for the price I paid. First, all hotels in London (and throughout Europe) are going to be small so do know that space is limited here as it is everywhere else. That aside, the room was comfortable, I had a nice view of the residential area behind the building and the tube is very convenient (the stop is immediately across the street).

Wireless internet and flat-screen TVs are big, modern perks here. A tea maker with biscuits replenished each day were also a treat as I didn't have to leave my room for a snack. The bathrooms are large, bright and very clean. My room was always well-stocked with towels throughout my stay.

I didn't have much interaction with the staff but my limited experience was good. I had no problem checking in around 10AM (much earlier than my check-in time) and was able to shower and unpack before leaving for the day. Checkout was also no problem.

It's about ten minutes (on the tube) to the Oxford Street shops, twenty to Waterloo and the south bank area. My ride to Heathrow was also only about forty minutes.

I didn't eat at the hotel but can recommend fish and chips from a pub across the street and there are tons of stores next to the tube. Would certainly tell my friends to stay here and I would stay here again any time!

Great Location, Good Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Juli_M

Just returned from a last minute trip to London, staying at The Cromwell.

Location was excellent - 2 minutes from Gloucester Road Tube and a short walk from Natural History Museum, Science Museum and V&A and the open top bus tour stops/picks up from the bus stop at the tube.

Hotel itself was clean, check in was easy. They did ask for a credit card to preauthorise for extras (of which we had none) but gave us a receipt on leaving showing nothing was charged to it and have had no problems. One of our room keys was a bit tempramental (something to do with the magnetic strip) but staff were always helpful and friendly.

Room itself was in the basement - nice and quiet as we were between a boardroom and cupboard (much better location in practise than that sounds!). We were a bit concerned about reviews commenting on small room size so had booked an executive room. This was a nice size (though it has 2 twin beds pushed together rather than a double as expedia suggested) and very clean. The bathroom had a brilliant shower and the room was well made up each day.

We didn't have breakfast so can't comment but there is a Garfunkels right across the road and the Museums are close enough to have croissants in their cafes before exploring the exhibits.

All in all had a really good stay - wanted a nice hotel as a comfortable base for exploring London for a few days and this was perfect. Based on our stay would have no problems recommending it.

Nice stay at the Cromwell

by TripAdvisor Member cruiser82

I just wanted to reiterate what many of the other reviewers have said. I recently stayed at The Cromwell because it met my three criteria: located between Earls Court and South Kensington, reasonably priced and clean. I was not disappointed. The hotel was very modern, the room was clean (although small but that's what it get in London) and there was a small bar area in which to relax and have drinks. I made the reservation through the best western website and paid just over 70 pounds per night for a double room which I thought was very reasonable. I would stay here again.

Great Hotel, Great Location!

by TripAdvisor Member CarolUna

I stayed here for 3 nights to see London - As a single female traveller, it was a really friendly small hotel where the staff were very helpful and accommodating. It is so close to the tube station that I felt very safe getting home late at night. The decor is clean, modern and bright, the hotel is extremely comfortable with a warm atmosphere in a lovely old London house. The bathroom was beautiful, very modern and very very clean with a bath, shower and thick white towels. I cannot fault this hotel at all and will definitely be returning!

Comments