'Bestplace' in Paddington

FRESH @ The Greenman Paddington
Booking.com Hostelworld.com HostelBookers.com

Satisfaction Poor

• Miran Masala

Unique Quality: Indian takeaway in Fulham, Indian delivery Kensington, Indian delivery Fulham, Indian restaurant Kensington, Indian restaurant earls court, Indian restaurant Fulham, Indian restaurants in Fulham, Indian restaurants in Kensington, Top Indian restaurant London, Indian restaurants in London

Directions: Miran Masala – top Indian restaurant in London offers takeaway and delivery services in Kensington, Fulham and Earls Court

More about London

Crowds Awaiting the EventCrowds Awaiting the Event

BarneyUK and al_maryBarneyUK and al_mary

Façade & dome - Apr 2010Façade & dome - Apr 2010

Boarder's bookstoreBoarder's bookstore

A note of thanks from Jim

by jimkpa

Hey all, just letting you know that Abby put up a post (#31 second page) in my original posting...Daughter in London...in case you wanted to check that to her her words.
Thanks again. There are a lot of nice, helpful people in this group.
Jim

by ter1413

I saw that and there was MANY responses. Glad everything worked out and we will send you the bill!
(Just kidding!)

by Bowsprit

She's lovely to write everyone a 'Thank-you' note! I'm so happy everything worked out for her.

by Odinnthor

Much respect to you for going out on a limb for your daughter. She appears to have come through with flying colors. We forwarded the thread along our responses to Abby, to the VT staff, and they were most happy and sastisfied with the fact that this is what we are all about. One of them (Stephanie) commented on the page as well. All in all a great ending to this particular adventure. I suspect there will be many more. When that happens, tell her to contact VT before she makes plans so we can help look after her. She is one of us now......d:o)

by jimkpa

I'll be happy when she is safely home but she will have to head back to college the next day. I want to take a minute to just say that I am very proud of her too. I'll add a picture of Abby to my home page if you want to see the young lady that you have been helping.
Jim

by Odinnthor

Beautiful lady from a beautiful family. Abram looks content too, what a happy face.....d:o)

Travel Tips for London

Half Timbered

by grandmaR

I remember that my mom was completely crazy about half timbered buildings with thatched roofs when we were here in 1950. In Stratford, my dad took lots of pictures of the thatched roofs there. I wasn't as impressed, but there were a lot of things about Europe that my mom thought were wonderful that kind of went over my head.

I'd forgotten about that until I was in Libertys of London, and we walked out a different way that we came in and found ourselves here.

Although Libertys is old dating back to 1875, these buildings were built in 1924 when all the buildings on Regent St. were torn down and rebuilt in this style. Libertys was built with the timbers from the HMS Impregnable and the HMS Hindustan

London Tip

by DesertRat

Once when I walked into Victoria Station looking for some train schedule information, I ran into a group of people all decked out in Victorian costume. I didn't find out what the occasion was, but it was certainly an experience. You just never know what awaits you in that town...

Go to the major sights early!

by Dabs

This was my first trip to London in peak season (summer) and I was expecting to wait in line everywhere. But we hit the major sights first thing when they opened-Tower of London and Windsor Castle-and the crowds were not to be seen. On the way out of the Tower though I noticed that the crowd for the Beefeater tour was much larger and there was a pretty good line going for the Crown jewels. I also planned those visits for weekdays, I figured that UK travelers and possibly other European weekenders would probably go on the weekend.

Horse Parade

by karenincalifornia

This was one of the parades we stumbled across during our trip. I think it had something to do with Remembrance Day (the Sunday before Armistice Day). That's the thing about London. You never know when you are going to come across a parade or stumble into a festival.

BRIT LIFE © NO. 1 – THE OFF LICENCE

by DAO

Need some cheap(er) alcoholic drinks? You need to get yourself down to your nearest Off Licence. What in the world is that? Well the Pub is a licensed premise. The landlord has to pass through selection criteria and be licensed to sell intoxicating beverages. Pub and restaurants are an expensive way to buy adult beverages. Is there any help for me? I hear you ask. Yes, Off Licences are shops and grocery stores who will sell it to you by the wheelbarrow load and you can use it to get home as well. The downside? They are usually closed by 10pm. The idea is to stockpile it at home as if the world will come to a sudden violent end. You wouldn’t want to be sober for that would you?

For Americans snickering about how I spell ‘LICENCE’. That’s actually English and the correct original way to spell it. Get over it.

A GIFT FROM DAO!

I, out of the kindness of my heart, placed a link below that lists EVERY Off Licence in the United Kingdom so you will never go thirsty in your travels here. I am nice like that. Don’t forget to rate this tip. No freeloaders.

Comments