Blakemore Hotel

Blakemore Hyde Park
Agoda.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Average

Rated 13% lower than similarly priced 4 star hotels

• Dirty bed, overcharged credit card, grumpy service

The "executive single room" was Japanese size - you can barely squeeze in. In the bed, I found somebody's socks, which means that they did not change the bed after the previous guests - this is the first time in my experience. And they charged the credit card $34 more than what they show on the receipt. The room smells like somebody was smoking there before and then there was an unsuccessful attempt to replace the smell with something like a clorox. The thin walls make you hear the next room. The "free breakfast included" turned out to be cereal/bread/cheese only. To access the "English breakfast", they ask you to pay extra, but this is small stuff compared to the dirty bed and overcharging the credit card.

• cockroach hotel

MY GOD, THIS HOTEL IS A COMPLETE DISASTER!!!!

WHEN WHE CHECKED IN THE STAFF WAS A LITTLE BIT GRUMPHY, NOT A WARM WELCOME LIKE IT SUPPOSED TO BE.
    THE ROOM WAS VERRY SMALL, IT WAS MORE LIKE A HALL WITH A BED IN IT.
    THE TV CAME FROM 1830 AND HAD 4 CHANNELS.
    ON THE WALLS THE WALLPAPER WAS PEELING OFF AND THE CARPET LOOKED NOT SO FRESH.
    THE BATHROOM HAD A TOILET THAT DIDN'T FLUSH AND THE SHOWER HAD FUNGI EVERYWEHERE, AND WHEN I TOOK A SHOWER THE WATER WAS HOT, COLD, HOT, COLD.
    EVERYWHERE IN THE HOTEL IT WAS TOO HOT, OLSO IN THE BEDROOMS AND THE HEATING COULD NOT TURNED OFF.
    BREAKFAST WAS NOT ''ENGLISH'' LIKE THEY SAY, ONLY WHEN YOU PAY MORE!!!!!!
    WHE HAD LITTLE OLD BREAD WHITH ONLY HONEY AND MARMELADE, HOW ENGLISH IS THAT?!
    AND THE WORSE PART OF THIS IS THAT WE HAD A COCKROACH IN OUR ROOM!!!!!!! SO WE WANTED ANOTHER ROOM.
    WHEN WE TOLD THE MANAGER? WHO SPOKE VERRY BAD ENGLISH, HE ONLY LOOKED AROUND, TOOK THE COCKROACH, AND SAID ''YOU GO SLEEP. NO COCKROACHES HERE ANYMORE''.
    HE SAID THAT THE HOTEL WAS FULLBOOKED AND DIDN'T HAD ANOTHER ROOM FOR US (IN JANUARI, MIDDLE OFF THE WEEK????)
    SO WHE SAID THAT WHE WERE GOING TO ANOTHER HOTEL, AND WANTED OUR MONEY BACK AND PACKED OUR BAGGS.
    AND THEN..... THERE WAS A ROOM FREE.......
    IT WAS JUST AS NASTY AS THE OTHER ROOM, ONLY A LITTLE BIT BIGGER, BUT WHE NEVER EVER GO TO THAT HOTEL AGAIN!!!!!

• alvis's Profile Photo

Budget Hotel Near Bayswater Tube

The lobby was nice and theres a decent bar with big screen. The bedroom was real nice for the price and we payed £40 for a twin room. 2 of the nights we had to pay £60 for the room but this was because it was the week before Christmas and we left our booking late.

The only downside to the room was the bathroom was very old and cramped and the fan made a lot of noise when on. The bath was good but was a bit beaten up.

It is a 3 minute walk to the main Bayswater area and the Bayswater tube. It is also a 3 minute walk to Kensington Gardens which has a number of decent attractions.

• treebeard50's Profile Photo

Kensington Comfort

The Blakemore proved to be the best hotel on our three week tour of Western Europe. It is located in a central part of London with easy access to the "tube". It has an elegant lobby and offered guset services such as arranging and researching day trips. We discovered here through the concierge that our "Stonehenge" day trip was on the Solstice and we probably would not get near the place. The room was spacious with sitting area and set up for coffee and/or tea. There was a comfortable bar where locals watched the soccer matches. All in all it was a very nice experience.

Unique Quality: located in Kensington close to Hyde Park.

Directions: South Kensington near Knotting Hill and Hyde Park

• Adelle123's Profile Photo

Bargain

Stayed in a single en suite room, which was small but had everything I needed. Compared to other places I have stayed in London at the same rate, It was very clean. The location was ideal, being close to 2 undergroud stations, but far enough to be quiet at night.
    I got a fantastic rate over the indernet, about half what they normally charge, which was a bargain. I wouldn't pay full price (£90/single) for this hotel.

Directions: Bayswater, about 10 minute walk east from the underground station.

• Another Great Deal By Hyde Park

This hotel is situated a stone's throw from Hyde Park and a few minutes walk to Bayswater and Queensway tube. The staff is very friendly and helpful....always smiling. The lobby and lounge area are quite spacious, unlike the rooms. The only thing I am looking for in a hotel is a clean place to sleep, ensuite. If this is all you require, I highly recommend this hotel. The only complaint I had was the thin walls, but a few knocks took care of the noise in the next room. There is coffee and tea in the room, hairdryer, and a TV with only local stations and no remote control.

Rooms at this hotel start at 90 GBP for a standard single. I booked through eurocheapo.com and got a twin for 50 GBP per night!! I did a lot of research and found that website to be the cheapest....for my trips to Europe!!

Unique Quality: There is a restaurant, lounge, and bar. Breakfast is 10 GBP per person (which we did not buy).

Directions: Off of Bayswater Road
    Bayswater or Queensway tube

• cmendez62495's Profile Photo

3 star?? More like a 2 star

If and when i travel back to London, I will not stay at this hotel. The hotel location is close to the Bayswater Tube Station and the staff was very friendly.

Bring your own travel iron-they didn't have one available no matter when i called and sent me to a "recently vacated" room to iron my clothes. The room we had was run down and reminded me of a 2 star hotel with old 70's furnishings. The room was small. When I went to the room to iron my clothing, it was the same room but with more updated furniture and decor...had i had this room i would have recommended this hotel. The walls were also thin.

Directions: Near Bayswater Tube Station

More about Blakemore Hotel

Bear the noise

My wife and I spent 3 nights at the Blakemore Hotel, London in November 2004. This hotel is quite centrally located which is about 10-15 minutes walking from the Bayswater Station. Most staff are helpful. As we stayed on the ground floor, the noise possibly from the trains passing through the Bayswater station was quite annoying.

Though we alerted staff that hot water supply to our room was only on after 7.00am during our first day stay there, the 'problem' remained the same during our last two days there. The receptionist answered that they supplied 24-hour hot water. I woke up at six, and waited till seven for a bath and some hot water to shave.

Clean and nice

by TripAdvisor Member buddyb

I read so many bad reviews about terrible budget hotels in London, so my expectations for this Blakemore Hotel was low. I guess that was good in a way because I was pleasantly surprised at how clean the place was. It's close to two subway stations so that made getting around easier, too.

highly recommended

Trusting the comments of the previous visitors of the hotel, Blakemore was "the" choice. I've picked a wonderful rate from the net, which was welcomed by the hotel. Yes, the rooms are very small, they are not even kitsch, and the TV does not have remote. Who cares? 2 miles away from everything, I got very clean sheets and bathroom/shower, a warm room with a window to open, and very helpful international staff. They even claimed to have given me an upgrade, for half the door price I have paid.
If travelling alone, a great choice; in case of a company try to get a larger room.

Very good value for the area

I booked this hotel on Wotif, fairly last minute as our plans had changed. Stayed for 2 nights and found the rooms to be modest but clean and tidy.

Yes, the bathroom is tiny, yes, you couldn't swing a cat but let's remember - this is London and even finding a clean room can be a challenge.

About four blocks walk (flat) from Paddington station - this is great for Heathrow connections. Breakfast was not included however, chances are it would have been fairly average anyway so we weren't too bothered. Very close to Hyde Park so grab a coffee and a take away breakfast and sit in the park.

Our room faced west, so it was a bit hot however it also faced away from the street which meant is was very quiet.

I would recommend to anyone who is staying in London for a few days and needs a clean, simple room.

Cheap but nice hotels - Blakemore?

by Mistycat

Help! I am visiting London with a group of friends in Feb 2006 and am looking for a good value hotel with good access to the west End. Is the Bayswater area any good? I have read about the Blakemore Hotel and am considering booking that. Thanks for your help

RE: Cheap but nice hotels - Blakemore?

by paulinuk2u

look at tripadvisor.com

RE: RE: Cheap but nice hotels - Blakemore?

by Mariajoy

Or

RE: RE: Cheap but nice hotels - Blakemore?

by paulinuk2u