Bridgestreet Edge

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about London

Carousel outside the Natural History MuseumCarousel outside the Natural History Museum

Champagne TeaChampagne Tea

Interior (1)Interior (1)

Dali - free on the streetDali - free on the street

Another question

by bjakobss

I would like to go to a cinema with my son 14, which film can you recommend us?
Is there a cinema not far from Victoria Station where our hotel is?

by leics

The Curzon Mayfair is probably nearest

or the Prince Charles on Leicester Square.

You can find listings for your dates (and prices etc) on the cinema websites.

Put 'cinema london' into google maps and you'll see several others.

by puerto_lover

At the Victoria Palace theatre which is next door to the station and a popular theatre, there is BILLY ELLIOT. You can read about it on:

and if you think it is suitable maybe book it on here: https://www.victoriapalacetheatre.co.uk

Seems that a 14 year old may like this show about a 14 year old rather than a movie ? Maybe your son will turn out to be a dancer ?

by puerto_lover

Or at the nearby APOLLO VICTORIA theatre, you can see WICKED ! http://www.wickedthemusical.co.uk/

by leics

'Wicked' is excellent, although I'm not sure a 14-year-old boy will find it appealing in advance.

'Billy Elliot' is also excellent, though you should be aware that there may well be substantial swearing in it (haven't seen the show, have seen the film).

by smirnofforiginal

assuming from your other posting you want to go to the cinema around 13th May?
Iron Man II is a boys film and, as it is a big blockbuster which only came out on Friday I am sure it will still be showing whilst you are here. (and the cinema is going to be MUCH cheaper than the theatre... I am not certain a 14 year old boy would be over enamoured with either of those theatre productions... but I guess it depends on the individual!). Leicester Sq gets my vote - easy to get to on the tube, lots going on around the cinema etc...
check closer to the time : http://www.empirecinemas.co.uk/?gclid=CMfQnIbCu6ECFQs-lAodYHqf_g

by Odinnthor

Agree with Smirnoff......your son will undoubtetly pick Iron Man II over the musicals.

by bjakobss

Thanks for all tips!!!! What should I do without you all my friends????

by smirnofforiginal

:-)

Travel Tips for London

Regent Street

by socrates_07

With the tube we arrived at Oxford Circus and after we decided not to go Madame Tussauds I wanted to go to Piccadilly Circus. Its not so far but if you walk on Regent Street it will take a long time? Because its a detour? No, no... but all those shops. Although it was very crowded because of all those "x-mas shoppers" I went to many of those shops. And not only because I wanted to protect myself from the rain....

Theatres.

by benazer

The Mouse trap at StMartins theatre been running for 52 years now. I know someone who have seen it for 10 times.
It is not all that exciting and wonderfull play,usually parties goes just to say they seen the show.. Used to go many times to theaters once,lately they become more expensive and now we got DVD,videoes,many tv channels so one dont bother with theaters any longer sad to say..

Get to know all those alien...

by oja

Get to know all those alien cultures miling about and let them spoil you big time (if you're Slovenian, odds are that the most exotic item around will be yourself. If asked about your country, just say 'Beyond the Marble Arch'. That'll usually do.)

Get the justice

by Imbi

Old Bailey is multitude of famous criminals met a sticky end at this court of justice. Most famously, Reggie Kray was tried here and convicted of the murder of Jack 'The Hat' McVitie. The veiled bronze figure of justice looms overhead and members of the British public are selected randomly to conduct jury service within The Old Bailey. In addition, members of the public are permitted to sit in on trials.

Address
Newgate Street, EC4

Buy your own thing mate

by alycat

When going out to eat with Brits, be it close friends or just accomplices, you have to buy your own food. I came to realize this when I met a close friend for the first time and I thought I would be buying the meal for both of us or maybe she would buy for us, but strangely I was left sitting on the dining table in the fast food joint and she grabbed her meal and asked me very casually to go get my own meal, oh man….I felt so sheepish.

I mean back home in India, being a man, I would definitely be buying her a meal, never mind what kinda meeting it was or who she was, mainly a gentlemanly thing to do, but not here, not in UK.

Comments