Caring

Hotels.com Travelocity Expedia.com

More about Caring

Nice place, nice people

by TripAdvisor Member abc_def062

I stayed in the Hotel Caring for 3 days in June 2006. It's very well located in a pleasant, quiet street very near Hyde Park. The room was small but clean. I had a tiny little bathroom that served my needs adequately. The price was unbeatable at £40 per night - this included breakfast (which was standard fare for a budget hotel - not gourmet!). The staff were very friendly, good-humoured and helpful. This hotel lives up to its name! I'll definitely return to the Caring Hotel.

nice but noisy

by TripAdvisor Member tomandgerry

the staff of the caring hotel was really friendly and helpful, the breakfast was quite good and tasty.
We had a small room but quite cleaned and had to share the bathroom with two other rooms.
The problem of this hotel is that it is quite noisy, certainly because of the wood floor. We could hear each step made by the persons on the room next to our. Some rooms are really to close to the others. I will recommend you to stay in this hotel but in a bigger room with en-suite.
However this hotel is a good deal and specially cause of the area, just in front of hyde park and 20 mns by walk to main shops like Harrods.

Great for the price

by TripAdvisor Member zivtinja

We stayed in a double (room 21) for four nights in May and were satisfied.
Alhough the room was quite small and so was the bathroom, but it was cleaned every day, also new towels were provided every day. The windows were looking to the yard.
The bed was good, soft mattress, but didn't like the pillow which was flat (this is the case almost in every hotel I stay, so maybe that is only my problem). There was electrical kettle for coffe making in the room.
Hotel was small. There were guests in the room nex to ours but didn't hear any sounds, so it was also quiet.
We did not much bother the staff, as far as we contacted the, they were friendly to us :)
The full English breakfast was good, but on the forth day it was quite boring to have again bacon, sausage, eggs. But it filled us for the day anyway.

As I already said we were satisfied because the price was good for things we got.

Great place

My wife and I stayed at the Caring for 5 days. We loved the area and the quiet street it was on. We had a suite with our own bathroom which was probably bigger than other rooms (we looked at their shared bathroom facilities and they were fine). It was very comfortable as hotels go and the service was good. The staff was friendly and also helpful in helping us get around in London (although, you're never that far away from convenient public transportation). It is a bit far from places that we wanted to go, but the trade off is the nice neighborhood. It is three blocks from Kensington park which was great for walking in the morning. BTW, the breakfast was good, too. I would certainly recommend the hotel for anyone wanting a great deal for a good place to stay. Say hello to Rashid. Good guy.

excellent in this rate

I like this small hotel, since it is clean and have delicious breakfast. Especially after you have too many continental breakfast. And my room have not any leak problem. their stuff also friedly and helpfully. I will stay in this hotel agin when I travel London again.

Nice little place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member tanner1234

The room was small, private bathroom was small--British standard. Daily towels, running hot water, clean room, and working TV. There are nearby internet cafes (one opens 24hrs) restaurants and small grocery stores. Pretty close to Queensway and Baywater tube--about 5-7 min walk. B&B is on a small quiet street away from traffic and noises. Hyde park is 3 min walk, great for morning jogs. There is no air conditioning. I stayed in July, it was 85 degrees in the daytime. It was warm at night but not too warm that it's too uncomfortable to sleep. The two big windows helped. No in-room refrigerator. Breakfast was excellent...eggs, ham, sausage, fruit, cereal, coffee, milk, toast, jam and juice. Friendly staff, front desk opens 24 hrs. Overall, nice value for budget travelers.

Nice place for price

by TripAdvisor Member sori125

Stayed for two nights in September in a room with shared bathroom. Room was small but typical for British standards. Everything was very clean including the bathroom and housekeeping did a good job everyday. Breakfast was cooked to order which was a nice touch for such a cheap rate. The people at the front desk were some of the friendliest we've met in a long time. Only complaint was that the hotel is very old and everything is well worn. Floorboards creaked very loudly with every step and even woke my husband up.

Great Location!

by TripAdvisor Member hunter0008

Good hotel for the price. Wow was it cheap for London, and London is not cheap. The room itself isn't the greatest, but you can't beat the location. Just a couple blocks away from Hyde Park (beautiful park to hang out or exercise in) and even closer to the bus stop. Plenty of great food around the corner as well.

The staff at the hotel (at least the 2-3 I encountered) were extremely pleasant and helpful.

Wonderful Reception

by TripAdvisor Member CDNTripTaker

We stayed here for one night before leaving England for home. The location was excellent - close to the subway and to the larger Paddington station. We were greeted at reception by very friendly staff who offered to carry our bags up the 5 flights of stairs (no elevator). The room was a bit "tired" - the cover on the bed was old and worn. The breakfast wasn't the traditional English breakfast (no tomato or beans) - and although it was good the service was a bit lacking. I stayed at the Alhambra Hotel earlier in the month for the same price and preferred that spot for the newer furnishings in the rooms and the breakfast.

Old hotel with good location, but..

by TripAdvisor Member mortenab

Caring is a old hotel. They should have renovated it. The rooms are very simply decorated, with old furniture and a hard/noisy bed. The hotel is not soundproof, if you understand.. You can smell the bacon all over the hotel when you wake up.

Good location, we paid a nice price and bathroom was small but ok.

Caring HotelCaring Hotel

Hotel Recommendation

by Chloe14

We will be traveling to London in October, staying over for 3 nights.

I need recommendations for Hotels or B&B's that wont cost an arm and a leg. Being from South Africa with the exchange rate at 16 Rand to 1 Pound we need to save every cent!

I'm looking for something in the Paddington / Bayswater area or somewhere that you can recommend that is walking distance to Oxford Street etc (+- 60 Pounds per night for a double room)

Any suggestions for Hotels, or even websites with good discounts, will be greatly appreciated!

Thank You.
Melissa

by hawkhead

www.booking.com and www.alpharooms.com are two good sites, also www.hostelworld.com Also, it's a good idea to Google "cheap accommodation London" and see what comes up. Oh yes, also www.lastminute.com and www.laterooms.com are also worth a try.

by paulinuk2u

superbreaks.com

by suvanki

Hi, try all of the above plus Venere.com

by HWR

I really like the Caring Hotel, in a quiet neighborhood very close to Bayswater Road. I found it at www.smoothhound.co.uk

by Juliamay67

Three years ago we stayed at The Cardiff Hotel right near Paddington Station. (This is a plus as the Heathrow Express goes straight to Paddington.) I was just in London and had to stay elsewhere for my husband's business, but I did pass the Cardiff the other day and it seems fine. You can check their rates at their website - they are £89. for a double ensuite. (This seems a decent rate when you compare other places.) They also serve a traditional English breakfast downstairs which is included.

Have a great trip.