Central House Hotel

Costs 50% more and rated 19% lower than other 3 star hotels

More about Central House Hotel

Small but OK

by TripAdvisor Member frido

We stayed in this hotel in december and first I was afraid because I read all the reviews about bed bugs. But there were definitely NO bed bugs in our hotel room. The room was small and the bathroom was quite tiny too but everything was clean. Staff is very friendly! So we had a really nice stay at central house hotel. Also the location is very central. It`s only a short walk to victoria station (it takes about 5 minutes). Only one criticism: The breakfast-room is too small. You have to be in early/late to get a seat. To cut a long story short: I would stay again in this hotel !!!

Nice stay, but very very small

Centrally located (only a few blocks from victoria coach and victoria station). Nice friendly staff :o) It was clean and neat, however very very small (closet size room - especially bathroom) If you only use this as a base home (for sleeping), then it's good, but not for hanging out.

One night was one night too long

by TripAdvisor Member geolon

Small, smelly, dingy room. Shabby, stained furniture. Filthy windows. Plug stuck in the sink. Water leaking through cracked tiles in the bathroom floor. Colour TV...but not the usual colours. Very creaky bed. Ominous smell of smoke in the corridors. Tiny depressing breakfast room with grubby cloths and floors not cleaned since the previous day. Lumps of mould on the bread piled up for toasting. Builders' debris in corridors, broken lift. OK it's not very expensive in a city full of overpriced hotels, but even so it's shockingly bad value for money. The only plus point was a friendly receptionist. As a UK citizen I am horrified about the impression we must give foreign visitors by licensing places like this.

Centrally Located Idea For Visitors and Business

by TripAdvisor Member Kmawani

I m frequent traveller to London and Central house is ideal place for its location . Staff is very friendly and check in and checkout process is very professional

I like central house for the location .

Highly Recommended for Visitors.!!!

More bed bugs

by TripAdvisor Member molarroller

We stayed at this hotel on the14th, 15th September, we were originally offered an awful room in the basement, smelly small dingy with a view of a broken fridge. bars on the window etc.
We refused this room and were given another only to find that this room had BED BUGS. Management unconcerned and so we checked out.. Luna and Simone two doors down good value,clean and much much better.

OK!

by TripAdvisor Member CSDublin

The hotel was ok but we did have a few problems. We were in room 4 and the lift is right beside us so the noise was unreal (especially in the morning when there was people coming down for breakfast. There was also a door outside our room where the staff would come in and out off. They would let it slam every time, this could be at any time of the night. If you are a light sleeper as I am do not get this room, my friend had no problems as she is a heavy sleeper and slept through it all. The breakfast was nice, but twice we went down to empty baskets with no bread, muffins etc. All in all, the hotel was clean, shower was v small but clean, and the staff was friendly. This is basic but nice, just a little noisy!

Great base for a London getaway

by TripAdvisor Member Coastalcat

I stayed here for 6 nights in early February and found it exceeded my expectations. As another recent review stated, the reports of bed bugs concerned me but my room was extremely well kept and quite comfy. My room (208) was, like most London budget hotels, quite small but it had a double bed, TV with 5 channels and the bathroom with shower was just right. Water pressure was great but the hot water didn't seem to keep up with the morning demand. Showered at night and had plenty. Perhaps it was because my room was a little out of the way but I rarely heard any noise from other guests and would have thought the hotel was empty if it wasn't for the crowd at breakfast. The staff was always pleasant and my check-in/check-out experience was the simplest and quickest I think I've ever had. By the way, Pimlico Tube station is closer than Victoria and much less crowded. I booked a package through Virgin Vacations and paid less than $90 per night. I'm very satisfied with my stay and would defintely stay there again.

Close to everything!!!

by TripAdvisor Member missinglondon

This was my first experience of London hotels. I stayed there at the beginning of February.

The staff at reception were most helpful and did all they could to have a room ready early for me as I had arrived on a 5.30am flight from Australia.

The room was on the small side. I had been told to expect this of London hotels, so this was no suprise. I had only paid 39 pounds a night, so my expectations weren't too high. There was room for 2 single beds, a small bedside table and some hanging space. The tv was mounted on the wall.

The room clean, as was the bathroom. I was worried about bedbugs after reading previous reviews, but there certainly wasn't any - it may have something to do with the fact that there was a plastic covering on the mattress!!!! That was about the only thing I could complain about....The bed sounded like I was sleeping in a crisp packet everytime I moved and the sheets kept slipping off the bed.

The breakfast was adequate and had alot more choice than I was expecting.

I was on the second floor and it appeared my room had been freshly painted and renovated.

I loved the fact it was so close to Victoria station - although I walked around London most of the time. It was central to everything.

All in all, a good hotel considering the location and amount I paid for a room.

Flea bites and over-charged!

by TripAdvisor Member BIGNBAD

Yesterday I stayed in room 307 and now I've got flea bites all up my arm! Lovely!!!

Also, watch out for the hidden over-charging... I booked the room on-line with my credit-card - but then they asked for cash when I arrived... And they asked for MORE money than I booked on-line???

I can't believe I paid extra, but I was tired and it was late! I won't be staying there ever again, and I recommend the same to you!

What area in London for a hotel?

by delnero80

Hello-
We were looking at two different places in London that have similar prices, does anyone know of either of these? The first is in Westminster and it is the Central House Hostel Victoria, and the other is in Picadilly and called the Regent Palace Hotel (Glasshouse Street (off Regent Street) - Piccadilly Circus London - W1B 5DN). Which area is better to stay in? We are looking for a place in a central location close to the tube, sites, and somewhere safe.
Thanks!

by iandsmith

Wherever you stay, make sure it's near a tube station. Anything up to 4 0r 5 blocks is OK. Once you're that close, it matters little where in London you actually are.
Cheers, Ian

by hawkhead

I would say that the Regtn Palace is better located and is also better for transportation, as it's very close to Picadilly Circus tube station and there will be all sorts of bus connections. And you're within ewalking distance of a lot of the main tourist sights. The closest tube stations to The Central House Hotel are Victoria and Pimplico and both are a fair walk. Both places have websites and location maps and you will be able to see for yourself how they are placed.

by stevo666

hi there i used to live just off regent street in a street called carnaby st, i would stay at that one just off regent street as you are in walking distance of covent garden,picadilly,trafalgar sq embankment- the london eye big ben etc!!!! and its good being that close at night when you have had onebeer to many!!! :)) happy travels.......

by lou31

I chose the Kensington Close Hotel in Kensington, which is a nice place to stay. A tube station is just down the road on the next corner...

Because of the tube it doesn't really matter where you stay as most places are just minutes away.

by Spincat

If I had to chose between the two, ( I live in London), I would go for the one off Regent St. I don't know the hostel myself, but I have been told it is fairly basic - which you would expect for the price. Not something that would put me off necessarily, but you could check out user reviews on this site and others. London accommodation is some of the most expensive in the world so it is always well to look into the cheap options closely.

by delnero80

Thanks for the advice! Happy travels.

by film

The Regent Palace is right in the middle of things, ideal in terms of location. You can probably walk from there to half of the attractions in central London. Just next to the flashing neon of Picadilly Circus, the theatres of Shaftesbury Avenue, the restaurants of Soho and the shopping on Regent St.

I looks like a budget hotel, but that is fine as a base. You are unlikely to want to spend much time in your room.

Comments