Central Park Hotel London

Central Park Hotel
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

• I'd give the hotel a 7/10 overall

The hotel is off the northwest of hyde park - towards Notting Hill.
    Good value for money.
    Clean.
    Our first room was cramped - really tiny, so for our second, third and fourth nights we've asked for a much larger room, which we were gracefully given.
    Staff are generally pleasant and helpful.
    On the down side, there is a bit of a chaos in the dining room and rules are confusing and are unnecessary cumbersome. The lady there (Alice) is rude and is evidently in the wrong job.
    The Japanese man from the concierge desk was particularly helpful and so were the reception staff. I'd give the hotel a 7/10 overall. And a good value for your money (£70 for a twin).

Так что отель среднего класса, ближе к бюджетному.

• Do not use this hotel.!

My mother and I had the worst experience with this hotel. The first morning we discover FLEES in our beds. We both had bites. We asked for a new room and we got one very lousy and extremely worse than our first one. In the reception they said that they never had problems with flees before which was a lie. A very sweet cleaning lady told us that it was not the first time with flees in that room. She was the sweetest person in that hotel.
    My mom got sick because of the bites and we needed to call a doctor and then get some medicin for her.

No one at the hotel would apologize to us or at least say they were sorry for the inconveniece it had been for us.
    They were so very unfriendly and their service was extremely bad. They lied to us several times and wouldnt listen. The only we could complain was by email which i doubt would be answered.

I would never ever use this hotel again and I am telling my story to everyone I know.

Unique Quality: The breakfast at this hotel is the worst ive ever been trying. Old dry bread and minimum to put on. No cheese and everything was with sugar. There were sugar in everything. Not good for the diet.
    The rooms was very small and beds hard.
    No aircondition and not even a fan.

• SassyMcPeaches's Profile Photo

just fine...if you have earplugs!

I’ve stayed here twice; it’s an acceptable budget option in a quaint neighborhood. The keyword here is budget: you get what you pay for. The beds are entertainingly British, but comfortable enough. The bathrooms are small but clean. The walls are unbearably thin; bring earplugs! It’s been remodeled since we last stayed there, as well. But avoiding the breakfast is probably wise; it is packed and the food isn’t worth the line.

• Nice London Budget Hotel

My husband & I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights in March, 2008, as part of a Gate1 trip. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was small but comfortable. The double bed took up most of the room. Very clean. Bathroom was a pleasant surprise with a tub that was deep and long, perfect for soaking after a long day of sightseeing. The pillows were horrible; small and thin, but we were so exhausted, we slept like babies. Instant coffee and tea in the room. Continental breakfast was not great, but edible. Hotel is in a great area, near beautiful Kensington Park, just a few minutes walk to the underground stations, bus and tour bus stops. There's a great little Indian restaurant across the street.

Directions: Kensington Area

• Great Deal By Hyde Park

Fairly good sized hotel on a street lined with hotels. We had a twin room which was small, but not so small you couldn't walk around. Very clean...clean bathroom. Reception was very friendly and we were able to check in at 7:30 in the morning as there was a room available. The walls are very thin, but didn't pose a problem for us. Two minute walk to Queensway tube, three minutes to Bayswater.

Unique Quality: In room: Coffee and tea, hairdryer, cable TV, safe, refrigerator. Bar in lobby, continental breakfast included, English breakfast available for 6 GBP.

Directions: Bayswater tube

More about Central Park Hotel London

Central Park Hotel May 2004

We stayed here for four nights in May 2004. The lobby looks just like the pictures and the staff was welcoming and friendly. The room, however, was a bit of a disappointment. First of all it was too small for 3 people, felt very old & outdated with flower-wallpapers, brown blankets, and paint flaking of in the ceiling and by the window. The bathroom had ugly brown tile and could have been cleaner...

The breakfast was poor; milk & cerials, orange juice in tiiiny glasses, jam and croissants, that was basically it. Furthermore, the breakfast restaurant had a dark location down in the cellar and it smelled of burned toast from the toaster every morning.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel for anything but the location, which on the other hand was perfect. Close to the metro station and with a bus stop just around the corner, the bus takes you to Oxford Street in only 10-15 minutes.

Hyde Park

by frankymacho

Picture: Hyde Park is an immense park located smack in the middle of London which has been a royal park since 1536. It contains Marble Arch, which was built as a gateway to Buckingham Palace in 1827, but was moved to its present location in 1851 and Lake Saprentine, which is customary to swim in on Christmas Day. We stayed about 1/2 block from this park on Queenborough Terrace at Central Park Hotel.

Great Value

Stayed for 2 nights at this hotel, 22nd & 23rd April 2004. Great location with 2 tube stations within a minutes walk. Kensington Gardens & Hyde Park also nearby and Oxford Street within walking distance.

The room was very clean and comfortable. All staff seemed friendly and very helpful and we were very pleased with the stay. Would definately go back to this hotel again.

Bad to Not that bad

Me and my girlfriend went to London in October. I booked the hotel online and it seemed very nice. When we got there, it was just like the web site described until we got up to the room. It was the smallest one Ive ever seen, and nothing like on the pictures. When I spoke to the front desk, they said that they are not responsible for this because the web site gave the wrong pictures. They said they had no rooms available and it was true. I checked out other hotels around central london, and everything was booked. In this room, the remote was broken and it took the staff a very long time to fix, the light in the bathroom did not work either, and it took them forever to replaced the bulb... Every day I kept asking the manager if there is an upgrade available. On the 3rd day, I was told there was a room open. They moved us into the new room with no extra charge, and this room was fine. It was just like the room in the picture, and all of a sudden the service improved as well. In general, the hotel isnt anything special. Just make sure you call the hotel before you check in to make sure everything is correct. Also.... never, ever go down for the breakfast, its horrible.

Not for me

Ugh. If you've ever stayed at a nice hotel, you won't want to stay here. The rooms were small, dark and smelly. The hallways were updated piecemeal, at various decades. Lobby was ok although ugly. Overrun with impverished students and pensioners who really could have done much better elsewhere for the same money.

Very Basic Accommodations

I booked this hotel based on the recommendation of a friend. She stayed here before and felt that it was worth a second stay. We stayed here from May 19-25. I really didn't like my stay here because I just couldn't get comfortable in our room. It just didn't seem clean to me. My bed had a blanket on it with a big burn mark or stain. The cleaning staff really didn't do much cleaning. I found that our tea/coffee cups weren't cleaned or replaced. Although, I'm not accustomed to staying in luxury hotels, I do like to stay at moderately nice places like Hiltons and Mariotts. I found the Central Park's interior to be old and outdated; however, they are in the midst of refurbishing it. It appears that floors 1-3 are newer than the upper floors. The nice picture you see of the room advertised on Expedia.com is most likely on one of those floors. We stayed on the 4th floor--it figures! In my opinion, it was tacky. But I was told that it was on par with many other establishments unless you want to spend $200+/night. The rooms are small and contain just the basics. Three twin beds were actually in our room. This appeared to be the case for many of the rooms on the 4th floor. The carpet needs to be replaced or seriously cleaned. The tiny tv we had in the room only provided about 3 channels and a couple music stations. Only two of the channels offered programs that you'd actually want to watch (sometimes). After a long day of touring, I appreciate little amenities like this, so I was annoyed. We booked the room using Hotels.com, so it's difficult to make specific requests like which floor you'd prefer to stay on, # of beds in room and so forth. One good thing is that our room overlooked the street on the front side of the hotel. My friend felt that we could wind up with a crappy room and a bad view if we asked for a room change, so I stuck it out. Furthermore, they apparently were booked-up anyway--surprise, surprise! I have to say that the staff were very friendly and helpful. The free continental breakfast downstairs wasn't great, but it could get you started (mueslix or corn flakes, orange juice, croissants, toast & jams, tea and coffee). You have the option of purchasing the full English breakfast for 4 GBP, but that's not so great either. I broke down on the last day and tried it. You may as well stick with the free continental and spend your money elsewhere. All in all, if you just want a roof over your head during your travels, the Central Park will do. One positive note is that the hotel is conveniently situated to many stores as well as the Queensway and Bayswater train stations. The hotel actually sits on a pretty quiet street, yet about two blocks around the corner you have a lot at your disposal. Happy travels.

Disgusting - the pits

Lobby as review, once passed lobby, changed drasticly.. small, dark, smelly. elevator not working, Laundry lined hallways. Exposed pipes in bathroom walls and over shower, black mold on bathroom walls, shower curtain hanging off rod., lights hanging from fixtures by wires, mirror on bathroom walls w/nails, holes in walls and doors, cold water tap only working in sink, hot water only in shower. once finally got water in shower, couldn't turn off, ran all night. they put 4 twin beds on floor in twin room, said was a quad room. would not give us new room. aftermidnight finally let us to to another room for showers. would not give new room, said was our problem and deal w/agent when we got back. lots of students.

where is the most convenient to stay?

by tanya_ang

hi guys, need your help. will be going to london on next week for 5 days.. where do you think should we stay? im thinking of central park hotel which is in the bayswater area or in the country inns and suites by carlson in the soho area near the covent gardens? we plan to watch wicked and another musical while we are there and at the same time visit those touristy place.. thanks in advance!

Re: where is the most convenient to stay?

by colin_bramso

Actually they're both good locations, close to Tube stations so getting around is easy. Soho is a bit more central.

Re: where is the most convenient to stay?

by polly45

Hi, We find the Bloomsbury area a great place to stay. The Russell square tube and bus routes are all there, also walking to covent garden and soho is a very easy nice walk.
The area is safe and clean. Hope this helps.

Comments