Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel

Booking.com Official Website Travelocity

Costs 108% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Chicago_Dave's Profile Photo

Not bad digs...

So I stayed at the chesterfield.. All told a very nice hotel.. A bit small for an American..but very nice.. I would stay there again easily.. Plus if you like Rolls and Jags, you're right in the proper neighborhood.

So I tried a new flight that got me to London at around 11:30 PM.. I cab'ed it over to the chesterfield and tried to check in... "Sorry Dave we dont have you ariving until tomorrow !" Due to some football game the town was pretty booked up so now what ?

The chesterfield got me a room at the Niko and sent my bag ahead for me whilst I sat and enjoyed a pint.. I then shot over to an already checked in room etc... Very nice work Chesterfield !

More about Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel

the way it ought to be!

Spend Christmas weekend there in 2004 -- and we loved it. Every staff member we encountered -- from housekeeping to head concierge to front desk and maintenance was differential, courteous and treated us like guests indeed. The hotel itself is lovely. It is tucked in a sweet Mayfair neighbourhood, yet handy for shopping, tube, and parks. We felt lucky to be there. We had booked a special Magical London Christmas package -- which included several special items like a complementary tea service, a taxi to Trafalgar Square, free gift wrapping service, and the marketing folks must not have told the actual front line staff very much about it. We had a few awkward moments when we had to ask about the services or explain that they ‘were included’ with our package. The staff was on the ball when we explained this, but it felt as if they could have been better informed of procedure on the package.

We have stayed in many hotels in London – both high-end and moderate and consider the Chesterfield Mayfair at the top. Overall – we really appreciated the special touches such as complementary a.m. newspaper, turn down service, full breakfast, robes and slippers, in a very beautifully kept hotel with attentive and considerate staff.

Couldn't be better

My sister and I have just returned from a one night stay at the Chesterfield Mayfair, to celebrate our mother's 80th birthday with a trip to see Mary Poppins and over nightstay in London. We arrived at the hotel to be given a triple room as booked on the net, however the double bed and camp bed was not quite what we had expected. We were then moved to a suite - had to pay more but it was worth it. TV in all rooms - Corner bath, power shower & even our own Christmas tree in the lounge.
We asked for an early tea as we had to pick up our theatre tickets an hour before the show, the staff were very accomodating , we selected our meals whilst getting ready, so the food was ready promptly @ 5.30 . Food & service was excellent and to top it all a surprise birthday cake for my mum courtesy of the management. Breakfast was the best I have had in a long time, great selection, good quality and again very helpful efficient staff.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, the extra little touches and attention to detail added so much to the trip, it was meant to be a memorable occasion for my mother and the Chesterfield certainly made it so.
All the staff from the housemaids, to the concierge and restaurant managers were all very helpful. I will certainly go back there again and recommend it to my friends.

Excellent hotel.

My husband and I stayed at The Chesterfield hotel from 1st to 4th July. I must say we found the hotel very nice and the staff very helpful. We had the full English breakfast included in the rate (140£ taxes included) for a standard room. The breakfast is abolutely "full", you can eat lots of food and directly jump to the dinner. The room has nice furniture and fit for two (not too big, but quite enough for us). We missed the mini bar even if we had one bottle of water free, it was at the room temperature.
We tried the tea in the afternoon. Expensive (20£), but can be compared to a meal and is very good.
The location of the hotel is the best I can image: close to all the most important monuments, parks and the shopping area.
Next time I'll choose it again.

Really great !

by TripAdvisor Member walinne

I stayed at the Chesterfield for three nights with my daughter at the end of july (from the 29th till the 1st of august). It was absolutely beautifull! The rooms are not very big but really quite sufficient for two and very nicely furnished, very cosy and British ! The bathroom is lovely: bathrobes (ver big!), plentyof towels, beauty products, a red carnation changed every day, everything you need. As it was quite hot, we were very pleased to have the air conditioning. Lovely carpet in the room, it was so good to walk barefoot on it after a long day shopping in the heat. The staff was ever so polite, obliging from the first minute we got there. We had the english breakfast which was plentiful, plus fresh fruits, all kinds of cereals...Afternoon tea was as good as in Harrod's ! In short, we had a wonderful stay and we will be back next time we go to London.

A++

Stayed 6 nights in July 2004. The staff, rooms, and location of this hotel are all outstanding. I would recommend this hotel without question to anyone who is interested in a quiet, elegant, and charming atmosphere to say the least. and I can't wait to go back one day. lucky me!!

Wonderful place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member conquistador74

My wife, friends and I stayed at the Chesterfield 9/7/04-9/11/04 and we found it to be the perfect place to stay....we occupied rooms 501 and 503...contrary to what others have said, the rooms were not small at all....not large, but very adequate for UK/European standards....the baths were luxurious, the beds, comfortable and all amenities were provided...from coffee makers to iron and ironing board to turndown service....the reception staff couldn't have been more helpful....from Chris to Darren, Ian to Simon, they were all incredibly polite and accomodating....I wish I could say the same about the restaurant staff...aside from the host, most made you feel like they were doing YOU a favor......either way, a fantastic experience which we will, without hesitation partake in again.....when the dollar is just a little bit stronger!!!

Great Hotel, HOME FROM HOME

by TripAdvisor Member Barbadosdreamer

My partner & I only live about 25 miles from london but every now and again try and spend a weekend away from home to go see the sights and take in a show and get some time out from everyday things. We love staying at the Chesterfield and now we have found this lovely quaint hotel we would not stay anywhere else. We have stayed in a suite (over valentines weekend) and my partner arranged the seduction package for me. It included rose petals on the bed, champagne on ice and chocolate dipped strawberries and also a selection of lovely gifts all arranged nicely on the bed. The suite was great and did have a minibar, the bathroom had a TV/radio and a spa bath. When we have stayed since then we have had a deluxe double room, although they are very nice if it is a special occasion I will definatly book a suite again. We found the food in the piano bar to be very good but the breakfast was just ok. Breakfast is much better if you go down to the resturant in the morning and don't order it via room service. We found the front desk staff to be very friendly and helpful, the bellboys are great and my favorite member of staff has to be Chris, he is so helpful and friendly nothing is a problem and he makes you feel very special throughout your stay. The staff in the piano bar are not so special you feel as if they are doing you a favour whenever you order things and many times when you are waiting to be served they just vanish which can be a bit frustrating. This would not ever put me off staying at this fantastic hotel but I just think they need to relook at these staff members. This hotel is very relaxing, very english and in no way stuffy. We have stayed at the Four seasons in the past which my partner loved but I found it very informal and very stuffy so i'm very glad that we found the Chesterfield and am looking forward to my next stay in the very near future.

Great hotel, great location.

We stayed at the Chesterfield for three nights, Oct 2 to the 5th. It's a beautiful, traditional style, English hotel. We loved the guest rooms as well as the public rooms. We stopped at the bar for a nightcap each night because it's so comfortable. The service was also quite good. The concierges are very helpful and knowledgable. Top it all off with the location; we walked everywhere. We will stay there again and recommend it to others.

One of the best hotel experiences ever

We stayed at the chesterfield for three nights okt 29 - nov 1.
This beautifull hotel with its very friendly and helpfull staff provided the setting for a truly romantic long weekend. Be sure to try the english breakfast. It's irresistable and guaranteed to keep you going till dinner.

Comments