104 Turnham Green Terrace, London, W4 1QN, United Kingdom

Agoda.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• walterwu's Profile Photo

As Small As It Can Get

This is a very small 6-7 room 2-star hotel. The room is so small that it can fit a bed, a wall mounted tv, wash basin and a table fan under the wash basin. The attached toilet has a very compact standing shower and a water closet. The room is without air-conditioning but has a heater for use during winter.

Check-In:
    We arrived early and left our luggages with the front desk. We wanted to go explore London and the front desk gave us the card key and off we go.

After exploring London and returning in the night, we found our luggages besides the front desk and the staff had gone off. Took our luggages and went to our room. Didn't get the free wifi password.

Entering the hotel via the main entrance door is with the same card key for the room.

Nearby Amenities:
    A convenience store on street level (separate of the hotel), turham green station next door. Food eateries and tesco express at the end of the road.

Wifi:
    The hotel provides free wifi to the guest. However, we didn't get our free wifi password for logon.

Checkout:
    We checkout early and left our luggages with the front desk again as our Eurostar train schedule was 1630 hours. Upon return to collect luggages, it was next to the front desk.

More about London

Similar angle, during the eveningSimilar angle, during the evening

Me in the Palm HouseMe in the Palm House

This really is in LondonThis really is in London

British MuseumBritish Museum

Please name me some cheap restaurants or fast food franchises that are located in Wimbledon area!

by ilkagx

I will be going to learn English in that area in July...but if I get strapped for cash,would I be able to find any descent food in the area...

Re: Please name me some cheap restaurants

by zuriga

Wimbledon has lots of choices for food. As you probably know, food is fairly expensive in the UK. There are lots of chains that do good meals and down the High St. south of the railroad station there is a Nando's (good chicken) and a nice Thai place, too, among others. Marks & Spencer's sells terrific food to warm up at home or just without warming, although they aren't exactly cheap. You will find lots of options in the Wimbledon area... don't worry. Food in England is now really excellent and decent. And of course, there is always pub grub and pizza chains like Pizza Express.

Re: Please name me are located in Wimbledon area!

by katrina1961

try lastminute.com and toptable.com for great deals.

Re: Please name me some cheap restaurants

by Ritchie_Lionheart

A good Pub Lunch ia (almost) always good value for money. Typical are daily specials, steak and orhwee pies, fish and chips, roast, curries, always with chips and veggies. that generally cost anything between 3 and 10 pounds per person. Among my favourites are the J.D. Weatherspoon pubs, which are located just about in every larger town or district in the UK. Bon appetit!

Richard

Re: Please name me some franchises that are located in Wimbledon area!

by leics

Apart from cafes and pub food (there are often cheaper meals available at pubs if you eat early) ethnic restaurants of all types offer very good value.

There are take-aways (where one does not eat in) as well as restaurants, and also restaurants which do take-away service.

If you have access to a microwave you will find a wide variety of ready-meals in supermarkets.Marks & Spencers is good quality, but not cheap. Other (cheaper) large supermarket chains include Sainsburys, Tesco, Morrisons. Each of these has a website with a storefinder, so you can see where your nearest branch is.

Re: Please nam in Wimbledon area!

by puerto_lover

Marko - plenty of choices.
Did you know that if you open Google Maps you can get Street View and you can look along the streets and see the different places and shops. It is very neat.
You may even find the location of your school.

Re: Please name me some cheap restaurants or fast food franchises that are located in Wimbledon area

by film

Now there are two Wimbledons.

One is the village, close to the Common and the Tennis ground. This has some nice little restaurants and cafes. Usually full of middle class couples and ladies with baby buggies.

The other is Wimbledon around the train station. This has all the fast food outlets you could wish for and it gets rather vigorous on a Friday and Saturday night with gangs of teenagers looking for a night out. There are huge doormen on the pubs and sometimes it gets a bit raucous.

Travel Tips for London

Have dinner at Andrew's!

by karinyeung

I was only in for one night...but what a FANTASTIC night it was! Andrew was the sweetest host! Unbelievably good chef that boy! All my friends in Canada are VERY impressed...and disappointed that they are too old for him...

Russell Square

by daryll

No parks can compare Hyde Park or Green Park in London.

Russell Square is small, but unique,just few minutes walk to the University Of London.
Suitable for people watching, resting area nearby the British museum.

See Trafalgar Square - the...

by O.KATALINA

See Trafalgar Square - the famous square with lots and lots of pigeons around. It was said that at one time, these pigeons mysteriously reduced in numbers and guess what happened? Seems that thieves were catching them by the bulk and selling them to Chinese restaurants! Can't say I blame them, it is food after all...yummm.......

How to ask for a bathroom

by Kristin050900

Okay I found this one out the hard way. The first time I went my aunt and I had ben shopping at Covent Garden and I really needed to go to the bathroom and we couldn't find one. So I went up to a couple of different people and asked them where the bathrooms where. This one guy looked at me like I was crazy and walked away. I finally found a teenage girl and asked her and she told why that guy looked at me funny. A lot of people from Engalnd only refer to the bathrooms as where you take a bath. They refer to bathrooms as Loos or WC(water closets).

If you want to check on the...

by Krystynn

If you want to check on the current weather/ temperature conditions in London TODAY, please see the chart below:

Note: ONLY users of Internet Explorer can see this bar chart.

For Netscape users, you have to surf straight to this web link instead...

Comments