626 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RY, London, W4

Chiswick Moran Hotels.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Not recommended for business travellers

I have stayed often at the Chiswick Moran Hotel because it is located near my clients. Each time I stay I am disappointed with the facilities. Many times I have to come through London unexpectedly and forget to bring an adaptor. This hotel never has an adaptor available and the internet is often problematic. The equipment in the room is old and doesn't work, and for a late night worker it is frustrating not to have a mini-bar. Most of the staff are very nice and helpful but there are a few in management who really do not understand guest care. They need to train their staff and upgrade their business facilities. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. I've stayed here in large groups and nearly every member has had complaints about their room or the service.

Unique Quality: It's close to Chiswick Park.

Directions: On Chiswick High Road

More about Chiswick Moran Hotel

Fantastic Designer Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member ktbel

We stayed at The Chiswick Moran Hotel last Saturday night, but we wished we could have stayed forever!
It's not the best looking hotel from the outside but once we stepped inside we were amazed. We arrived a few hours before check in time but were greeted warmly and even given a free up grade to a Junior Suite.
The rooms are gorgeous, fantastically designed with all the high tech gadgets you could wish for.
Massive bathrooms with speakers - so you can listen to the music channel while in the shower!
All this and it's only a two minute walk to the tube station - don't bother paying double for a hotel in central London.
Can't recommend it enough!

Shag pile memories

by TripAdvisor Member WollongongSheila

Obviously, Australians (of a certain age, who haven’t travelled well) need to sleep pretty much as soon as they get to London and keep sleeping exactly when they feel like it. So getting a comfy quiet hotel is very important. The Chiswick Moran was exactly right for this, we stayed for a week. Not cheap by Ozzie standards but certainly immaculately clean, spacious, light, airy and comfortable. The rooms are dare I say are “Funky”, i.e. shag pile carpet (didn’t we do that in the 70’s?) however the décor is pleasing. We had an executive room with a very spacious bathroom. The hotel does have a modern, popular bar, but the noise did not interfere with a good’s night sleep. It is a 40 minute train trip into London but 5 minutes to the rail station and easy to reach from Heathrow. There were some excellent local restaurants and pubs within a 15 minute stroll from the Hotel. You do need to be a walker. Tips: Try the little local Tandoori for an excellent smokey experience! Don't use the soap powder at the local laundramat.

Extremely frustrating experience

by TripAdvisor Member francismcg

Below is the email I sent to the hotel after our stay.
No response has been received to this email.

Sir/Madam,

We stayed at your hotel over the Easter weekend and were extremely disappointed at the experience. Your staff were polite and helpful throughout however two incidents ruined the whole experience.

1. As you can see from our original booking we requested a cot. When we checked-in we were told there was a cot in the room. When we arrived in our room no cot was present. When we rang the front desk we were told that there were no cots available and that one was not put aside as we had not requested one via our internet booking.

Apart from the contradiction of not having one in the room after being told by the front desk that we had one allocated, we clearly indicated we would like one via our booking and to be told it was not on the internet booking was extremely annoying.

90 minutes of our evening was ruined as one of our party had to drive across London to collect a cot.

2. We booked a junior suite for the express purpose of being able to put our baby in the bedroom and being able to entertain other members of our party in the living room. When we arrive at our "suite" we discovered that your hotel appears to have re-invented the definition of a suite as it did not have separate living and sleeping areas.

I was informed by your front desk that I was indeed in a suite and that the room was your hotel's definition of a suite. While I don't propose to advise you on the best way to market your hotel's rooms, might I politely suggest that calling a single room apartment a suite is clearly misleading and a miss-selling of that room.

Regards,

Great hotel, great value

by TripAdvisor Member STCWhitleyBay

Spent two nights over Easter. Booked through well known hotel booking website, but still given upgrade to superior room on arrival. Superior room bit bigger with bigger bathroom. Being new rooms all in perfect nick and decor great. We paid £72 per room per night for double, including hearty full Irish (Irish owned) breakfast. Also allowed us to check in early so we could leave the car and walk across to Kew Gardens for the rest of the day. Carpark is £10/day for residents (despite sign on barrier saying £20). Get yourself a travelcard from the underground station 200m along the road to get into central London. Would definitely stay again - comfortable, clean, friendly efficient staff.

Nice Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member clifton2a

Stayed here for a weekend and found the room and bathroom to be very nice, Nice comfy bed and great shower and bathtub
The staff were nice and helpful and the food in the bar and room service was great.
All in all it's a great hotel and only across the road from the tube station which will have you in central London in half an hour

Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member scarmella

I stayed in this hotel for a weekend, with 7 friends and we loved every second of it, we were upgraded to executive rooms, which were amazing, the rooms were very good sizes with fabulous bathrooms which had walk in showers and a huge bath. The staff were very pleasent and very friendly, breakfast was nice.
The hotel is close to a tube station and gets you into london in about 20-30 minutes. I would highly recommend this hotel

Fabulous Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Libralyne

Wow! What more can I say? 8 of us stayed there for my hen weekend, and from stepping into the hotel we were very impressed. We stayed on the 5th floor. Everything about the room was to our satisfaction, from the extremely comfy beds to the lovely bathroom/shower. The continental buffet and cooked breakfast was to our satisfaction (although the waitress did get our orders mixed up on the 2 mornings we stayed) and very plentiful. Make sure you taste the danish pastries!

The hotel staff were very accomodating and I cannot thank Alberto and his team for making our stay a very pleasant one. It's not the ideal location, but we certainly had no trouble commuting to Central London for our organised activities as Gunnersbury tube station is literally down the road.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and look forward to going back again sooner rather than later.

My number one London hotel

by TripAdvisor Member PhyllisMH

We stayed here one Saturday night in order to be back in Chiswick after a holiday for a weekend as we are currently temporarily working overseas. We booked it because of the reviews on tripadvisor. After a long haul flight in it was perfect. We had a corner room which was spacious and smelt almost new and in a great location at one end of the Chiswick High Road. Chiswick for anyone that doesnt know is a lovely part of London.

The service was great and the Irish breakfast that was included was freshly cooked which is so much better than the usual chain hotels buffets where things have been warming for an age. Absolutely no complaints and this is my number one choice hotel when I come back to London.

Highly Recommended!

by TripAdvisor Member raisinchicky

I couldn't believe how nice this place was. After a bad journey, I was so relieved that the hotel was as lovely as their website claimed! The room was very clean and decorated to a high standard; I wouldn't have picked the bathroom colour for my own house, but it worked! The shower especially was wonderful. The staff were very friendly and helpful, there was ample parking and the breakfast was great, a wide selection of food and drink, although my other half was disappointed that all the croissants had gone by the time we came down! The location was perfect as we were attending an event in Gunnersbury Park and it was very easy to find, even for someone who rarely drives and isn't familiar with the area. The price was extremely good too, I paid the same for a recent stay in another London hotel and this was much nicer! I don't think I'll stay anywhere else in future.

Highly Recommended!

by TripAdvisor Member Rebecc13

We stayed here for a night, good website rate including full breakfast and expectation was high from the website. Staff were really friendly, hotel unpretentious, rooms were great, big bedrooms and bathrooms, liked the decor..elle decoration with a 70's twist. We had a problem with the water pressure in our room and being terribly British I didn't want to complain, but so glad I did! Front desk were great and offered us another room which was just amazing. Huge bath, fantastic walk in shower, panoramic views overlooking London and the most comfortable bed. Had a lovely meal at the restaurant and equally great breakfast the next morning. The only thing I'd mention is the extras are quite high, tip for people driving, car park is pretty expensive £20 for 24 hours and worth noting you can park in a pay and display bay for 70p per hour with free parking between 6.30pm and 9.00am. The bays are adjacent to the hotel in Power Road. Internet and in house movies are pretty expensive too but apart from that great value for money and staff are the best. Would definitely go back again.

The Royal George pub - LondonThe Royal George pub - London

another 1976 photoanother 1976 photo

Assyrian opbects from BalawatAssyrian opbects from Balawat

London Sept 11, 2009London Sept 11, 2009

Apartments in Central London

by american_tourister

I will be in London for about 10 days in July with my wife and 8 year old son. I am looking for an apartment to let while we are there. Any suggestions?

by leics

Look at the official London tourist information site, which lists all accommodation.

Apartments and self-catering options here:

You can easily google individual apartment names for reviews, and need not necessarily book through the official site (which also has a useful search engine allowing you to search by location/landmark etc).

by brotherleelove

by goodfish

You could try Homeaway (www.homeaway.com) for the London area as well.

Comments