11-13 Penywern Road, Earls Court, London, SW5 9TT, United Kingdom

Costs 40% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about City Continental London Kensington

Comfort Inn Earls Court

by missus_lemons about Comfort Inn Earls Court

Stayed at the hotel twice in 2006 and 2007. The hotel is very comfortable (hence, the name) and clean, the staff are friendly, the breakfast was good, and the location is handy. Earls Court is not exactly Central London, but the hotel is around the corner from the Tube and there are plenty of markets, restaurants, and pubs in the area. The area gets a bit loud, as the hotel is a half block from Earls Court Road - a busy street with pubs and very close to Stamford Bridge. But, overall I love the place.

Excellent Location!!

by TripAdvisor Member KelG

We had no idea where to stay in the London area. We read review after review plus factored in prices and decided on the Comfort Inn Earls Court. We had a good friend who lives in the London area and when we told him where we were staying he thought it might be too far out of the city. Needless to say, he quickly changed his mind once he saw the location. The hotel is honestly 200 steps from the Tube Station. The station is great too and many lines run from the station so its easy to get anywhere in London. We were first time visitors to the city and found it incredibly easy to get around. We took the tube everywhere!! The hotel has a ton of restaurants nearby (try the Blackbird, excellent Fish and Chips!) even American food for the picky eaters. The McDonalds two stores down from the tube station has an internet cafe upstairs so we were able to email our friends back home.
The hotel is small but extremely clean! We couldn't believe how much effort they put into cleaning each room. The rooms are a bit small but we had a ton of luggage and still plenty of room to walk around. The hotel only gets about 5 TV Channels so hopefully that isn't a priority for you. The breakfast isn't huge but it did fill us up every morning. Toast, cereal, eggs juices and muffins.... it was all very good.
I would definitely stay here again. It was an excellent choice for an excellent price!!

Nice days in London

We stayed here for three nights in May 2005 in a triple-room with a small but functional and clean!!! bathroom.
The hotel is very close to Earls Court Tube Station with lots of shops and restaurants on the way. We didn´t hear any noise from the Tube in our hotel!!!
This place was nice with friendly atmosphere. You get a beautiful clean!!! room, nice location, helpful staff and an excellent Continental Buffet Breakfast.

Check In 2:00 p.m Check Out 11:00 a.m

W´ll stay again!

Excellent Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Buggus

I just returned from staying at this hotel from June 13-18. Must say, I'm quite impressed by this hotel. I've stayed in London before, but this hotel really was exceptional for budget rates. Upon entering the hotel, we were greeted by very friendly and helpful staff. The hotel was quite clean and welcoming. We got to our room, a bit narrow in the hallways for luggage, but upon opening the door, the room was very inviting, and very clean. A nice size as well since most european standards are on the small side. However DO NOT expect it to be like our North American sized rooms, they are not even close. They are very quiet, beds are comfortable and the TV was decent. I should clarify that although they indicate it's satellite TV, there are only 3 channels from Satellite, the rest are normal. There are only about 12 channels. I didn't mind however my spouse and I were too busy spending time outside the room to care. The bathrooms are full standard, very deep bathtubs ladies!!

The breakfast room is very clean, breakfast was served plentiful with many breads, croissants, boiled eggs, cereals, fruits, yogurt and cheese. This was very helpful as it can be quite expensive to eat out. So, we made sure to have a hearty breakfast before setting out. Now, there was one down side, it was very hot in the room due to the lack of air conditioning. If you do go in the warmer months, ask for an extra fan, they supplied us with one and it made a big difference. Also, the asian receptionist at the desk may be friendly, but she is not very helpful and her english is a bit off, you may have a difficult time having her understand you. Overall, I would return to this hotel again and recommend it to anyone else who stays, the location was excellent and very enjoyable.

Be Careful of Your Belongings

This is not too bad for a budget hotel. The rooms are clean and the staffs are very helpful and friendly. I would stay out of this hotel in the summer because there is no air condition and it can get quite warm at night. I would of rate this hotel a little higher if our souvenirs didn't get stolen. Even though we were compensated for our lost, we were not comfortable with the staff cleaning our room after that incident. If you can afford a little bit more for a higher class hotel, I would suggest you do that. If not, this isn't a bad hotel to stay in. You get what you paid for.

Great place to stay in London

We stayed for 5 nights in London at this hotel. Just a half block from the subway station, lots of local shopping (real people not touristy). Room was small but sounds like everywhere in London is. Staff friendly. Room was clean. Included breakfast (toast,fruit,cereal,coffee,juice). No noises from traffic in our room. My wife's biggest problem was no washcloths! Great area to stay in London. We will come back and stay here again.

Could do better

I have to say this is the worst hotel I've ever stayed in anywhere in the world. Very small single room with uncomfortable bed and hardly had a wink of sleep in 7 days. Stayed on 4th floor and lift only went to 3rd which meant having to carry heavy case up a spiral flight of stairs. Bathroom however was very clean, and the hotel was handy for tube, but I don't think overall that it represented good value for money.

Good value for your money

Even though this was my first trip to London, I have to say this hotel was a good value for my money. Knowing that most budget hotel rooms in London are small, this place was clean and convenient. We stayed on the first floor of the hotel facing the courtyard for 5 nights and we're able to sleep easily every night. The bathroom was clean and was decent sized. It is very close to the Earl's Court tube station and night buses run right to the station door for those who are out partying late, so we never needed to take a taxi anywhere. The breakfast was adequate and included things like cereal, fruit, and toast. Overall, I think American travelers would feel comfortable here assuming you are ok with staying in hotel chain-like places.

good value

by TripAdvisor Member tourcy

We have just returned from a 2 night stay at the Comfort Inn. The hotel is good value for the money as hotels are expensive in London. The room was clean and the staff helpful. The one big negative is the size of the rooms, my husband hit his head a couple of times on the t.v. shelf. You really have no room to navigate or a place to put your suitcases. The location and area are good with Marks and Spencers food store right on the corner. If you are leaving for Heathrow and don't want to take the subway phone for car to take you to the airport. It worked out to 38 pounds and was a direct drive there. We had a bad experience with the local advertised shuttle service they do not show up when they say and the cost was 4 pounds cheaper which was not worth the aggrevation.

Nice hotel, handy location

by TripAdvisor Member Dutchlassie

Last weekend I stayed in this hotel for the fourth time in a year's time and again I had a good stay. The staff is friendly, the hotel room is clean and the location is perfect with a tube station and local shops just around the corner.

I think the hotel is good value for money. I've searched for cheaper hotels in this and other area's, but the cheaper hotels don't get such good reviews as this one. I booked on the hotel's own website and paid 51 pounds for a single room per night, it was the best deal for this hotel I could find.

All rooms seem to differ in size. Twice I stayed in a single room. These rooms were quite small with a single bed. Twice I've been upgraded (without asking for it, so I think they do it when there are double rooms available, which is nice). The double rooms are better, although they are not spacious either and the double bed is definitely not a kingsize. One double I stayed in had a bath and airco. The other rooms didn't. This time I stayed on the ground floor at the very back. The room had french windows and a little balcony and was facing a garden. It was very quiet at night (at the front you sometimes hear a bit of street noise if you sleep with open windows). All rooms have coffee/tea making facilities, a safe and a hairdryer!

I would definitely recommend this hotel to people who want to stay in a clean, 'inexpensive' hotel that's situated in a nice and safe area with local shops and with a tube station just around the corner. If you don't expect a spacious room and don't mind the fact that you sometimes hear other guests because the floors are squeaking and the doors are slamming, then this is the hotel for you!

Tower BridgeTower Bridge

Interior (2)Interior (2)

Interactive learning on far left; and boatsInteractive learning on far left; and boats

Alien spacecraft?Alien spacecraft?

Looking for a stylish hotel in Central London for at least 7 night stay??

by nikarina

Everywhere I have looked seems way beyond expensive.
I understand London is expensive, and me and my friends are willing to spend a little extra cash for a colorful, vibrant, fun room, however we don't have too much money, as we want to spend money on other things as well.

So looking for a hotel that is either close to attractions i.e, picadilly circus, portobello road, oxford st, hyde park etc. OR close to a subway so we can take a 10-20 minute ride into the central area.

Looking for a stylish, boutique type room. We wouldn't mind a weekly apartment stay, however we don't need extras like a kitchen, and don't want to spend extra money on things we will not use.

by babygrand

The Norfolk Plaza Hotel is in Bayswater, there are two easy access tube stations, and it's not reall pricy. also Hotel 65 is good. Again east tube access. We stayed in each of this when travelling with students. They are pretty basic, but quite nice overall.

by clivedinburgh

I've used a few of the Apex hotels in Scotland and the London one looks like it offers the same high quality at comparatively reasonable prices.

by christine.j

How expensive is "beyond expensive"? Can you give us some price range?Generally said, a "stylish, boutique type room" will cost more than an average hotel room.
I really liked the Westland Hotel in Bayswater, but it's not a boutique hotel.

by henry14

As already said, you need to say what your budget is really. For a stylish hotel I would highly recommend the London Bridge hotel (www.londonbridgehotel.com)close to London Bridge funnily enough! and its tube/rail/bus stations and the Borough Market. If you're looking to save money to spend elsewhere you could consider a cheap Travelodge room (www.travelodge.co.uk), definitely not boutique but clean and central locations e.g. Covent Garden.

by babygrand

If you want classy, the Guoman Tower Bridge Hotel is excellent, but I think it runds about $300. a night. We stayed there last year and loved it, great full breakfasts, and the concierge was extremely helpful. Great location, great view, and close to everything. There's a pub called Brown's just across the bridge which is excellent, and after dinner, the whole area comes to life, so it's a great way to kind of "soak it all up". Really neat, but not exactly budget-minded.

by babygrand

Just for fun, I just googled Expedia.com, and Norfolk plaza for May8-15 is average $121.00 per night, Guoman Tower if Average $151.00 per night for same time. The price posted on the doors at the Tower Hotel is way higher.

by arnhem44

Hotel RAMADA on gypsy corner.10 to 15 min to central London by tube.

Comments