City Inn Westminster

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel London - Westminster
Expedia.com Agoda.com Hilton.com

Costs 24% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• A Great Place to stay disabled or able bodied

Just Stayed at the City Inn for 5 Nights, and would highly recommend this hotel. i am disabled and use a wheelchair. and booked this hotel on a internet discount site. I phoned city inn and explained to them that i would need a disabled bedroom and they immediatly changed my booking at no extra cost.
    From the moment my husband and myself arrived we where treated like VIP's. the room we got had a large shower w/c room. and although the bedroom was a bit smaller there was still room for me to manouver my wheelchair, every room at the city inn has a desk and a imac in and free internet connection if like me you wanted to use the internet while hubby used the imac to watch tv (which includes sky sports) i brought a long my laptop getting on to the internet was no problem, if you don't have a wireless card you can borrow a caple from reception which you can connect in your room to your laptop,
    Our hotel package also included a full cooked english breakfast. which i must say was excellent, the waiter/ waitress's were attentive to our every need yet they were not intrusive or overbearing. the staff in general are all very polite and helpful. the food in the city inn is delicious and the best i have ever tasted at any hotel i have stayed in before. the Al a Carte menu is a must you can get 3 course dinner for £21.00 which is excellent value in london. after a long tiring day out we opted to use room service one evening . I got a huge plate of spag bol with garlic ciabbata which was only £8.50 and i thought this was excellent value.
    the hotel its's self is done in a cotempary style and is very light and clean, rooms are cleaned daily, towels are changed twice a day every room has a tea, coffee making facility a hair dryer and an iron and ironing board there is also a safety vault in your room for keeping valubles safe.
    city inn is central to everything in London we walked to most places like the london eye, Buckingham Palace, The Houses of Parliment and Westminster Abbey. the Tate Britain is just a 5 minute stroll up John Islip Street and from there you can get a ferry to tate modern. buses run frequently from horse ferry road and millbank, and if you are disabled i would say make London your next holiday destination as all london buses are ramped and have easy access also i was told by each bus driver that because i was in a wheelchair i could travel free! All the kerbs have been lowered on the main route though we did find a few in back streets that hadn't.
    all in all if i had to give a score the i would give 10/10

Directions: from horseferry road turn in to dean ryle street carry on in to john islip street, the city inn is just a short was up on the left.

• What a great stay I had

I stayed here 3 nights at end of september and what a great hotel this is!
    Nice and helpful staff, great room with all the facilities I could think of and a really good bed.
    The TV is not a TV, it's an Imac computer! Free and fast internet connection in the room, and yes, you can watch TV on it too.

The breakfast was really good, I had full english prepaid, and the waiters were fast and efficient. They even had french and russian speaking waiters, maybe german too, I didn't hear anyone speak it.
    Fresh fruit salad and fresh orange juice and 2 different kind of toast, the usual assortment of yogurt and cereals and different kinds of ham and lots more.
    The only letdown, as usual with english hotels that I stayed at, is the cheese. Too little and too bad.

They have a caffe and a restaurant too, but I didn't try them out.

The room service is good although I think the alternatives are a bit on the short side. It's also very expensive.

The only problem with this hotel is the location, the underground is at least 10 minutes walk away, Pimlico and Victoria line. There is also no shops nearby.

On the other hand, the location is very close to Big Ben and the parliament, so if that is your target, the location is great. Also, the neighbourhood is very quiet.

All in all, this is a hotel I will come back too!

• A great place to stay in London

I was in London in June 2006 on business, and after an exhaustive web search decided on this hotel for my almost a week's stay in London. I was not disappointed by my choice.
    The whole place has a contemporary feel to it. Staff are friendly and helpful, and my room large (by London standards) and comfortable. It was also reasonably priced.
    The Tube stations are a tad far, but within easy walking distance - say a 10 to 15 minute stroll.
    I highly recommend this hotel.

Unique Quality: Rooms are clean, spacious and well-equipped. Their choice of amenities make sense, for instance:
    - each room has a flat screen TV & DVD player. You can borrow DVDs from the front desk for free to view in your room.
    - likewise, the room comes with a mini hi-fi system. This is miles better than the standard "3 button console" radio found in most other hotels. You can tune into the myriad radio stations in London, or borrow audio CDs from the front desk.
    - free broadband internet access. If you are a business traveller looking for reasonably priced accommodation, you can't go wrong choosing this hotel.

Directions: Located in a quiet street, minutes away from the Tate Britain.

• wojsyl's Profile Photo

Great price/value ratio

The rooms are very clean, quiet and comfortable. The location is perfect. The only problem seems to be the pricey breakfast which is not included in the room price. There are however many cafes nearby, so there's plenty of alternatives.

Unique Quality: At below 100 pounds per double room it's really worth the money for its Westminster location.
    Each room has an Internet socket (bring your own cable), stereo and DVD player.
    Surprisingly WIFI covers the public areas only (the bar, lobby etc).
    Ther rooms are quite big for central London.

Directions: Westminster, next to Tate Britain

• johnwilky53's Profile Photo

you won't be dissapointed

Great location ,just 5 mins walk from Pimlico tube ,10 mins from Westminster.Excellent bus service right outside door.Excellent food ,graet bar with tremendous atmosphere(friday evening)very comfortable room .overall great alue i paid 89 quid for a double room,we'll definately use the city inn again.

Directions: close to the tate gallery ,thames and westminster.

• One of the best hotels ever

We visited London for a spot of Christmas shopping (I cannot emphasize strongly enough DO NOT visit London any time near Christmas). We booked the hotel through a local travel agent and got a sunstantial discount (less than half price).

Our stay at the City Inn Westminster was incredible.

The rooms were not huge but large enough for both of us.

The bed were the most comfortable I have ever slept in and the staff were extremely courteous and helpful.

I would advise guests to go down for breakfast early as the hotel was full and we did have to queue for around 10 mins to get in for breakfast.

We ordered a sandwich from room service and whilst the food was good it was expensive and in no way value for money but since the hotel is on a few minutes walk from the Pimlico tube station there are many other places to eat well at a reasonable price.

We flew into London city airport and reached the hotel in around 25 minutes, the taxi cost around £25.

When we stayed in early December the full room rate was over £200 per night but we payed only £108.

On the whole I would recommend this hotel and plan to stay there again next year when we visit London again,

Unique Quality: The rooms contained a flat screen LCD tv a DVD player, a nice stereo, satellite tv and a power shower. A selection of CD's and DVD's were available at reception on leaving a £25 deposit.

The hotel is central and contains a gym.

Directions: Very close to the Houses of Parliament

More about City Inn Westminster

What a first class hotel

Just arrived back home after spending two nights in the City Inn Westminister (21 April -23 April 2004). What a first class hotel, in a beautiful part of London. Modern and well designed with plenty of extras....Plasma TV, Free DVDs and CDs for hire, Broadband excess for your laptop (notebook), fluffy white bathrobes and extremely comfortable beds. Staff were excellent and professional and the service was second to none. An excellent find in a lovely location.

Amazing Hotel !

Just got back from a weekend break in London. I must say that this was the best and most friendliest hotel in I've ever stayed at. We had an early check-in as we wanted to go around London in the day and went straight to the room on the 9th floor. The lifts were so fast we were there in seconds !!
Room was great. A little small but clean and had everything we needed for an amazing stay. We had a Thames view like we requested but no wine as they'd promised. Upon enquiring about this they looked us up and said we were on the VIP list so there should be something there and they would sort straight away which I said wasn't a problem as we were going into London. When we were back we had wine, water, new glasses, the bed was made again and we had a card from the hotel manager !!
Guest servies were great and found us a great restaurant for the night.
Breakfast was first class and everyone was so helpful.
They even looked after our bags on Sunday so we could go round London some more.
We'll be back there very soon !

Great Stay - quite a value

We Stayed here for four nights in late April 2004. The hotel staff were warm and friendly and eager to accommodate. Our room was clean and comfortable. Room decor and furnishingsis fairly modern ala IKEA. The bathroom was tiny but the power shower (decent water pressure) makes up for any shortcomings. We ate at the hotel restuarant for breakfastwhich was good - fairly expensive though. Dinner was good and reasonably priced. We \felt that the neighborhood was safe. Walk to the nearest Tube (Pimlico) took us about 7 minutes. Would stay here again.

city inn westminster

by johnwilky53

opinions please,any good local boozers or restaurants.
have a smashing weekend.

some girls are bigga than others
some girls are bigga than,, other girls mothers!!

Comments