Club Quarters, St. Paul's

Club Quarters St. Paul's
Booking.com Agoda.com Orbitz.com

• DAO's Profile Photo

BUSINESS CLASS

Just imagine that you have a very nice bedroom inside the First Class Lounge of an airport. Then imagine that when you walk out the door you are standing in front of St. Paul’s Cathedral. Now you don’t have to imagine, you can just stay here and enjoy it like I did. This is one of the best business ‘hotels’ I have ever stayed in within Europe. They are just excellent. You are greeted in an austere and security conscious reception area, but then you are allowed to go inside and the rest if the facilities are fantastic. My room was slightly small, but had absolutely fantastic facilities. A comfortable bed, a desk better than my one at work, an actual closet, an alarm clock radio with iPod docking station, extra chairs and a small refrigerator. There were some great touches like a smoothing iron and full ironing board, real wooden coat hangers, A TV integrated into the desk and even cordless telephones.

For business people, you could actually work in your room. The desk is excellent, has a business type hone with speaker and conferencing facilities, Wi-Fi and wired internet connections and even a dictionary and thesaurus. I wish my desk at work was this nice!

The bathrooms were a bit dated, but have everything you could need. Large fluffy towels, shaving mirror, great shower and lots of excellent toiletries. If you need any more toiletries, even mouthwash, you can get more from housekeeping.

The facilities available are amazing. Near the elevators they have a machine that will fill cold water in a bottle for you and ice. Great touch on a warm day. They also have full laundry rooms so you can wash your clothes and use a steam iron. You can pop downstairs to the lounge and borrow a book, read today’s newspaper or even play one of their board games. This really is a classy place to stay.

In terms of location, this is one of the best in London. You are a stone’s throw from St. Pauls’s Cathedral and you are in the middle of London. You have everything you could ever need nearby including shopping and great restaurants. If you are working in the City of London, you can walk to work easily.

The best thing for me was that I had a great night’s sleep. The beds are comfortable, the rooms have climate control and you have no ‘neighbours’ at night because you are in the ‘City’. This means absolute silence when you want to sleep. I loved staying here.

Unique Quality:

HOTEL OVERVIEW:
    • Completely secure, quiet and a fantastic location
    • Côte Brasserie (“voted Best Value Restaurant in the UK")
    • Bar
    • Guest Request Closet – for things you forget like a razor
    • Free Wi-Fi
    • Excellent location
    • iPads loans
    • Free bottled water and ice
    • Use of computer/printer and universal Charging Stations
    • Quiet

• Car parking is £2.50 an HOUR in the day, but only £2.50 overnight/Sundays

ROOMS:
    • Climate controlled
    • Great beds and bedding
    • Awesome work facilities including a desk, business phone and internet
    • Bathrooms have great towels, shaving mirror and great toiletries
    • Small table and extra chairs
    • Full closet with real coat hangers and an ironing board
    • Coffee/tea making facilities
    • Refrigerator and microwave (just ask reception)
    • Kitchenettes available

BUSINESS FACILITIES
    • Wi-Fi, computer workstations, printing
    • Meeting and Event Space up to 110 people and can do full catering

Directions:
    TUBE:
    Mansion House (District and Circle Lines)
    RAIL
    City Thames Link Station (Mon-Sat only)
    Blackfriars Station (Sunday)

• littlebush's Profile Photo

Club quarters

Club quarters hotel is a chain, although they only have a few hotels in the uk and usa.
    Theyre meant for the business traveller but i found them just as good for a tourist.
    they are very good value for money.
    i stayed at the one in st pauls which is a good location, and it was only £95 for the night, which is unheard of in london.
    the room was huge with kitchinette and seperate living area.
    would certainly stay here again

• Nice Room shame about the noise

Room was nice enough and the staff were helpful, however the room was totally let down by the fact that there was noise coming from what I thought was the air conditioning but having turned if off realised it was something else which I could not locate, and the walls are paper thin, you could hear the tv's from the rooms next door as well as people talking.

I was woken up by my neighbours tv blaring out at 6.30am on a sunday morning! not good

you could also hear people putting clothers on hangers, having showers etc etc

Never again!

Directions: Areas great ..but if you get no sleep because of noise from other rooms then you might as well be miles away in a quiet hotel

More about Club Quarters, St. Paul's

Great hotel!

This was the first time I'd stayed at a hotel in London, and I booked it before I read the reviews on this site. Needless to say, after reading some of them, I was a little concerned about my choice! However, myself and my husband spent two nights at Club Quarters St Pauls, and we really liked it! We had no problems with noisy neighbours, found a tube station literally 2 minutes walk from the hotel, and a nice little cafe for the Full English on Saturday morning!!! All in all, a lovely little place, we would definitely stay there again.

Find somewhere else

I've stayed at the New York CQ in mid-town a few times and it's a fine budget place to stay.
The St. Paul's outpost doesn't cut it in comparison. If you can't hear you're neighbors it's because the room next door is empty. I bought ear plugs and had to use them every night--the walls are paper thin so voices travel very easily (as do your neighbors odors).
I paid around GBP160 a night and while the $/pound exchange rate doesn't help U.S. visitors at the moment, even in pounds it is grossly overpriced.
Find somewhere else.

Great value hotel in a central location

by TripAdvisor Member joaniebinedinburgh

We paid a low price for this hotel through searching on the internet and for what we paid < £70.00 per night, it represented great value for money.

The rooms are reasonably sized and include a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Our room was more like a suite as it had a table you could have meals at ( not that we did). The bathroom is small with no bath but perfectly adequate.
I can't comment on the sound proofing because I always wear ear plugs when I stay away, although the air con in the bathroom was noisy and we could hear it in the room.
I thought the location was perfect, within walking distance of an incredible monument, but nice and quiet. I was surprised about the people complaining about lack of restaurants and so forth, all they needed to do was walk down a few streets or hop on a tube.
The check in system was meant to be automated and didn't work that way either for check in or departure and only one lift was operational when we were there.
But all in all a great bargain for a reasonable hotel in a fantastic venue.

Functional & Comfortable

Great business hotel. Rooms comfortable and have everything you need. Not luxurious but that is not the point. Great location...close to the tube. Easy to grab a Taxi. Overall, I would stay here again.

Very impressed.

Stayed here for the weekend July 22-25.

Looking at the reviews on here, I was a little worried about the noise etc that a number of people were complaining about. I did notice some noise but not like that described by others. I was really impressed that you cold only barely hear the bells of the cathedral when they were ringing.

The room that we had was a good size with 2 large windows, so lots of natural light. The view was great looking over the building across the street you were able to see the entire dome of St. Paul's, lovely at night.

The shower had excellent water pressure and lot's of hot water.

We loved the closet by the elevators with stuff in it. Loads of irons and boards, sewing kits etc. Everything that you may need and no need to call someone to try to track it down.

If staying on the weekend, I would suggest planning for dinner before 6:00 (when the M and S - Simply food closes). There is not much around open after that time and you could wander aimlessly. I ended up returning to the hotel where they recommended the Italian restaurant across from St. Paul's, which was very good. (Sit in the window if you can... there's always people walking past the church.) The next night, I simply bought some of the Marks and Sparks ready made food.

All in all, I would absolutely stay here again.

My Second Home

by TripAdvisor Member dicanio10

I am a regular resident of CQ St Pauls to the extent that some of the staff know me and they have always been courteous and helpful. Having read the reviews of other guests, I can sympathise with some of the complaints but they are very minor when you weigh them against the plus points. Yes, the walls are pretty thin and you can sometimes hear the bells of St.Pauls if your room is facing the right way. Coming from London originally, I quite enjoy the sound of the bells and it certainly never keeps me awake. The lifts and automated check-in do seem to play up quite frequently but these points have never made me consider staying anywhere else for the price. A few tips regarding dining/bars in the area which aren't immediately obvious. For good Thai, turn right out of the hotel then right again into Old Bailey. Thai 33 is right there and they do takeaway. There are also a couple of decent pubs/wine bars in Old Bailey too. Top of Old Bailey and cross over Newgate Street and find the White Hart, a traditional old London pub. Going the other way, come out of the hotel and cross over Ludgate Hill down a small lane to Carter Lane. This 'villagey' area has an excellent Indian, two quality Italians (Da Vinci and Harry's Bar) and a couple of friendly 'local' pubs. My favourite is Ryans, good pub food, friendly Polish and Brazilian staff and lots of football on the TV. For breakfast, head for Ozzies in Ludgate Hill, great quality and friendly staff.

Highly recommend CQ if you get the right room

One of the most disgusting places to stay in London

by TripAdvisor Member frogandjj

This has to be one of the most disgusting places to stay in London, if not in the world. The rooms are dirty - there were fingernail cuttings on the floor of my room from a previous guest that had not been vacuumed. Although, it is supposed to be a 'non-smoking' hotel (except for the 5th floor), my bathroom consistently smelt like a nightclub. The smells were so bad that I actually had to leave the place and go to a health club to shower or I would have been sick.

The staff at the desk are arrogant, rude and unhelpful. Few of them speak decent English.

For GBP100 a night you are better off at a Travelodge. At least they are clean and the service more pleasant. I really do not know how business travellers can stand to stay in this place.

i love the rooms

the room was huge! so was the bed! the standard of the shower was below average for a hotel of this establishment, but the room made up for it. i find the staff very businesslike, but i am not that fussed. need to wander a bit ( a lot actually ) to find a place to eat, but i suppose it is an excuse to leave the room and explore the outside world.

Please help with decision between 2 London Hotels

by eileencat1

Hello all,

I am trying to decide between 2 hotels that I have narrowed down. I interested in staying as close to the Barbican area in the city and wondered if anyone had opinions for which is an over all better choice for both location and hotel.

Eileen

London, England EC4M 7DR
United Kingdom

RE: Please help with decision between 2 London Hotels

by film

With respect to location, the Minories is right in the middle of the business ditrict known as the City of London. It is full of anonymous office blocks and lunchtime and during the rush hours the place will be crowded with suits. Not lot to do in the evening, the pubs will be full of office workers discussing office politics and getting drunk. It is too far East.

Ludgate hill is west of St Pauls. A better location in my opinion. Walking distance to the Barbican and easy to get to the South Bank across the Millenium foor bridge. You can also hit the west end by hopping on a bus going down Fleet St (check out the Cheshire Cheese pub) Or head down High Holborn to take you Oxford St. There are also some very good restaurants on St Johns St.

Central London is fairly compact and a lot of places are walking distance. People get a bit obsessed with the tube, often its quicker to walk or jump on a bus.

Can't comment on what these hotels are like inside.

RE: RE: Please help with decision between 2 London Hotels

by PeteG

Club Quarters is still mainly used by people on business. However, it is nearer (by about 5 minutes walk) to The Barbican and I'd go for that one purely on location.

RE: Please help with decision between 2 London Hotels

by eileencat1

Thanks for your help - both of you. I have booked at The London Bridge which is in the South Bank area. I did this because both hotels that I wanted were no longer available and I found a good hotel for a good price and well, we do like to walk.

Thanks, Eileen