Collingham Suites And Apartments

Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

More about Collingham Suites And Apartments

Great apartments - excellent staff

by TripAdvisor Member AUSSIE_GUESTS

My wife and I stayed at the Collingham Apartments last April and I could not recommend them highly enough. Comfortable lounge, well equipped kitchen, separate bed room with plenty of storage space plus a great bathroom.
The location was ideal for us, near the Gloucester Road Station and the shops close by were just perfect for us to buy food for our meals.
The location, staff and the facilities made our trip from Australia for our first stay in London a holiday to remember.

Terrific place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member sueom

We spent 4days at Collingham apartments in July 2007.The location was fabulous, close to the tube stations ,shops especially the 24 hour Sainsburys, pubs restaurants and museums.
The staff who were always present at the front reception were friendly and helpful. The apartment (we had a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom) was spacious, well appointed and extremely clean.We even had a little patio which was lovely. It was great to be able to self cater as required, it was very handy to have laundry facilities. We would always stay here over a hotel. We would highly recommend Collingham apartments to our friends.

Excellent value for money

by TripAdvisor Member Tamahine

We spent 3 days at the Collingham Apartments at the beginning of October. This was my first acquaintance with using an apartment instead of a hotel room (we are from New Zealand) and it was a wonderful choice. The apartments are very clean, lovely linen, huge towels, every facility you could want. The staff were all excellent - helpful and friendly. And they were on duty 24x7. The location was superb with lots of convenience stores, cafes,and transport options near by. Highly recommended.

Nice stay overall

by TripAdvisor Member sbdhg

We stayed a week at the Collingham Apartments in May with two young kids and three adults. We booked a 2 bedroom apartment and they gave us a 3 bedroom once we got there. Unfortunately it was in the basement. The rooms had high ceilings and a good amount of space for London and although there were many windows, they didn't provide much light. Still, we were only really there in the evenings.
Overall, good location, clean and enough room for us all to be comfortable, eat meals, and for the adults to hang out in the sitting room once the little ones were in bed. I would have liked to be closer to Kensington High Street or Chelsea but there was easy access to buses and two tube stops to get everywhere quite quickly (I recommend buying a multi-day travel pass which allows you to swipe and go on buses and the tube without having to stop and pay for every trip). Close to several grocery stores as well.

Loved The Collingham

by TripAdvisor Member rickkimv

The staff was extremely friendly, helpful & always available. They felt more like relatives than hotel staff. They gave us travel/attraction ideas and seemed to know our needs easily as they always payed attention to guests. The accomodations were more than we expected, everything we needed, very comfortable and very, very clean.

Good location but basic for the price

by TripAdvisor Member Brockles

My wife, daughter and I stayed at the Collingham for a week. We had a 2 bedroom Penthouse apartment. The location is good, on a quiet street about 5 minutes walk from either Earls Court or Gloucester Road undergrounds. It also qualified on the '2 minute' rule I have in London, in other words, if you don't see a London taxi within 2 minutes of stepping outside - you are in the wrong location!

The staff were friendly and helpful. However, having checked in on a Saturday, we were suprised that this 'serviced' apartment was not serviced at all the following day (Sunday), although it was on every other day. The apartment was really quite basic - there was only one small dining table, which had to be shared with Wi-Fi computer access and for meals when eating in. I asked for a second table, but was informed that none were available as 'all apartments were occupied' (in other words, they couldn't borrow from another room). There was only one power point in the living room, located at the opposite side of the room to the table. This single power point powered lighting and the television (very small) by way of extension cables. I had to plug my computer into a power point in the hallway and run the lead from there to the living room. The plumbing in the bathroom was very basic, the heated towelrail did not work, nor did the heating control for the apartment. We were left with the impression that this apartment had been equipped on a very tight budget. Not what we expected for the price of the room, and absolutely no comparison to the slightly more expensive apartments at Flemings Hotel in Half Moon Street, where we had stayed several times previously.

London accomodation can often be a disappointment, and the Collingham was another example.

Better than the Chelsea Match

by TripAdvisor Member Lardyboy

Booked the Apartments through laterooms and got a good deal. On arrival upgraded to a three bedroom apartment (only 2 of us) and I have to say that the place was great.

Big rooms and great bedrroms with 2 en - suite bathrooms.

Great location close to Gloucester Road Tube but a quite street.

The front desk staff were fantastic and very attentive

Great Experience for our Family

by TripAdvisor Member simiburtons

Having never been to England our SoCal Family didn't know what to expect. Also, every website about England and Europe we found only listed 2 people max per room, so we would have needed 2 rooms anyway. So I found The Collingham Serviced Apartments online on trip advisor and all the reviews were very positive. I booked it, and was nervous about what we'd really find there. However, it was in the beautiful section of Kensington, a short walk from 2 different tube stations (Earl Court & Westminster), close to Starbucks, and close to many restaurants. The staff was very helpful at the Collingham, the room was perfect for our 4 member family & cleaned everyday. We had a 2 bedroom apartment, with a family room, outside patio and kitchen! The kitchen had everything you could need as well. Should we ever get back to the UK we'll definitely stay at the Collingham again! I am very picky and so is my husband, so this review is very honest!

perfect spot

by TripAdvisor Member chezington

If you want to stay in quality South Kensington area, walking distance to Hyde Park, shopping, etc why stay in a hotel when there's the Collingham? For the same price you get an apartment with daily maid service, and plenty of room. Very clean, helpful staff, and an ideal, quiet and safe location. 5 min from Gloucester Road Tube station [which is easy and fantastic]. A note to early a.m. arrivals, we arrived at 7.30am and had to wait until 2pm to checkin. It was a beautiful day so we found Hyde Park and lazed on the grass, slept, people watched, had a picnic etc. we were dead tired but we enjoyed seeing a quieter side of London. In fact, returned to Hyde Park many times. The Collingham ultimately upgraded us to a 2 bedroom apt with private balcony...sweet. Also gave us a bottle of wine.

You really can't go wrong with staying here if you are more independent and want to explore things on your own. Sure, we got lost walking around, but most people were very helpful. London is a huge busy busy city, but here was a quiet haven to relax.

Fantastic Apartments

by TripAdvisor Member WellingtonTPs

My family and I stayed at the apartments in July of 2008. Two adults and a teenager. We had a two bedroom apartment that had a living room, fully equiped kitchen (with clothes washing machine/dryer) and a small courtyard. The location was great - a 10 minute walk (at the most) from two underground stations. It had a supermarket and pharmacy 5 mins walk away. Local restuarants were close by too. A very lovely part of London. Would highly recommend.

Former The Crown and Dolphin pub - LondonFormer The Crown and Dolphin pub - London

Interior (1)Interior (1)

South foot tunnel entranceSouth foot tunnel entrance

St Paul CathedralSt Paul Cathedral

Using ATM machines in the UK

by johnbook

My ATM card has a 4 digit PIN. Do ATM machines in the UK accept 4 digits? If not, I guess I would add some zeros? To the beginning or end of the PIN?

by SallyM

4 digit PINs are standard in the UK.

by Donna_in_India

Hi - I had no problems using my 4 digit PIN in the UK. If you'd feel more comfortable you could check with your bank or credit card company to verify.

by hawkhead

The four digits should be all numbers.

by wise23girl

Where are you from? Always helps to answer if you give a few details.

You must check the logo on your card and find an ATM to match.

Also it is better to use your bank account card rather than credit card to draw money....I have a memory of a problem ....maybe there was no credit card option somewhere and of course this is a costly way to do it.

Have you used Cash Passport cards,,,a safer option even though there is a cost.

by dave.richards

So you are going to the UAE and to the UK on holiday? 4 digit PINs work in both countries.

by mke1963

Just wondering why a "Cash Passport" would be a safer option??

by wise23girl

Though they may cost a bit which is a negative, cash passports are not linked in any way to your regular banking accounts.

If I am slow to reply am presently on Queen Mary2 heading for India and computer link up slow and I am busy dancing and looking at the sea.

• Dec 8, 2013 at 6:03 PM

We had a beautiful stay here for two nights. We are family of five and planned our Europe trip. As far as accommodation in London is concerned, it is expensive, but its location is its superior strength. You can easily walk to museums, wonderful shopping destinations and other attractions like fresh gardens.
    We did not have that much interaction with the staff but their availability was similar to other hotels which were good; after they all bear my noisy kids.

Overall it was a nice apartment, one can experience living here and won’t have any complaints, I am sure.