Comfort Hotel Tower Of London

Travelocity Otel.com

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 13% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

More about London

Abney Park, Hackney, London, UK.Abney Park, Hackney, London, UK.

HMS Belfast - LondonHMS Belfast - London

Topas - the largest cut stone - in The Vault.Topas - the largest cut stone - in The Vault.

Sunbathing St Paul's (L), Tower42 & Gherkin (R)Sunbathing St Paul's (L), Tower42 & Gherkin (R)

Has anyone every used Euracom to rent a flat in London?

by rickd11

Has anyone every used Euracom to rent a flat in London?

by leics

I'm afraid I've never heard of it, but do suggest you look at the official London tourist information website which lists all accommodation in the city:

www.visitlondon.com/accommodation

just to check that what the site offers is what it seems.

by DrFlorpin

Indeed I have, this past August. I rented a flat on Baker Street for myself, wife and two teenagers for one week on our first trip outside the US. We had an incredibly easy and positive experience with them - I can't recommend them highly enough. Now granted I'm sure not every experience goes as well every time but I will definitely be using them for our next trip. I'm completely sold on staying in a flat over a hotel and, if I may, pat myself on the back for making that choice!

by rickd11

Thanks. How did you find out about them? and did provide suggested locations to stay in the city?

by DrFlorpin

Basically I started exactly as you have - right here. I believe I stumbled across Euracom via Google and when I did I posted your same question here back in April. I got a couple of replies from people who had used the service with generally good results. One person did mention a poor experience with the condition of an apartment in Spain though.

I had a pretty good idea of where I wanted to be in London so I didn't really probe for suggestions. FYI, when we arrived, our contact (very pleasant guy named Marc) informed us that the flat we booked had flooded due to a burst pipe but they had backup accommodations ready to go. "Uh oh" I thought. However the alternate flat was literally two doors over from the original and a considerable upgrade from what I could see and for the same price.

I dealt with three different people at Euracom, all extremely courteous and attentive. My guess is they'll be happy to help you.

Travel Tips for London

Switched on London

by sue_stone

In February 2007, a group of VT'ers got together and had a stroll by the River Thames to check out the 'Switched on London' event. Switched on London was a 7 night lighting festival that took place in the "Pool of London" - the section of the Thames, between Tower Bridge and London Bridge. A number of sites in that region were temporarily illuminated to create a visually stunning river walk. Highlights included:

- City Hall, with its spiral ramp changing colours
- Part of the Tower of London glowing red across the river
- London Bridge all lit up pink
- A multi-coloured HMS Belfast

You can download a map from the website showing you locations of the lighting installations.

The festival part of an established event, so hopefully it will continue on for years to come. I have read that it is definitely being planned again for 2008 at this stage. It is well worth a look.

For more details visit: http://www.switchedonlondon.com/index.htm

For a map of the illuminations visit: http://www.switchedonlondon.com/pics/map3.jpg

See as many sites as possible....

by comberj

See as many sites as possible. Shop off the main thoroughfare as well as visiting Herrods. Visit the zoo and parks. Ride the 'el'. Take a ride at least one time in a taxi. See Trafalgar Square. See a play. Dine in as many different ways as you can, ie: a bakery, a small out of the way diner, a hotel restaurant, etc. Choose Scones and High Tea for an afternoon snack, eat fish and chips the original way, out of a rolled newspaper. Do fun things and enjoy yourself. The friendliest people I have ever met as a group. I enjoy seeing them read on the 'el', they carry reading materials around with them everywhere.

Waterloo Station

by irisbe

The Grand entrance shows the Victory Arch. It is part of the office buildings and designed by J.R. Scott, chief assistant architect of the London South Western Railroad society. It is built with Portland Stone in Imperial Baroque Style. Its statues represent War and Peace, situated under a statue of Britannia. It commemorates the men of the railway of London; South Western and Southern Railway, who offered their lives during the First World War.
It was opened by Queen Mary in 1922

I read somewhere that at night its own searchlights light it. Maybe I should come back at night!

The Monument view

by Ash59

The view west from the top of the Monument, toward the London Eye and the House of Parliament.

If you take kids up here and they get bored while you take pictures, ask them to count up how many church spires they can see. They will be occupied for a while as there are loads!

Page 3 beauties

by Dabs

A couple of the newspapers, or should I call them tabloids, feature topless women every day on page 3. My husband's assistant ( a man, lest you start thinking kinky thoughts) either didn't believe him or wanted a couple of pictures of topless women so we brought him home a couple of souvenirs.

Comments