Comfort Inn Buckingham Palace Rd Victoria

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

More about Comfort Inn Buckingham Palace Rd Victoria

Excellent people work there

by TripAdvisor Member Nell6

We stayed At Comfort Inn Buckingham Palace Road for 3 nights in June on the way from the US to Croatia. First of all, it was not easy to find a triple room (a family with teenage son) at that time of the year that will be quite decent and won't break your wallet. I based my reasearch on Tripadvisor and wasn't dissappointed. We didn't expect anything grand. We wanted to spend our money sightseeing and going out... Our room on the third floor was quite small but well kept and clean. Bathroom and shower worked perfectly, no smells. Maid services excellent. We slept with the windows open and heard the trains but it didn't bother us. It's a big city, and that's part the life there. Breakfast was very good. If you want to go get it some other place, you'll spend 15-20 pounds easy.
The following situation deserves special attention. After we left I noticed that I don't have my golden necklace with me. I thought I had left it in the hotel. When on the way back to the US we changed planes in London I called the hotel and they found it. I was very impressed with the honesty and integrity of the people who work there. If i'm in London again, there's no better place to stay.

a nice place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member SD-steveo

This hotel was very nice in most categories:
-location
-ambiance
-safety
-service
-cleanliness
-room size (london standards)
-proximity to transportation
-proximity to shops and eateries

The breakfast was a bit bland, but the free hot drink machine available to patrons at any time of the day was an unexpected and appreciated surprise.

The only negative for this hotel was that as it very near Victoria Station, trains can be heard (and sometimes felt) rumbling through the day and night. Bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper. My wife and I got used to it after the first night because it isn't all that loud.

Nice and clean

by TripAdvisor Member inch

Stayed at the hotel for 2 nights in July. Nice, spotlessly clean room and bathroom. I found the staff very friendly and helpful.
Fantastic location. The room backed on to Victoria Station, but I didn't find that troublesome at all. All in all, great value.
I might also mention a lovely fish and chip restaurant in Elizabeth Street. Can't remember the name, but you have to cross Buckingham Palace Road and it is only a couple of minutes from the hotel..

Gem

by TripAdvisor Member nwacapt

Make no mistake, this is a budget hotel. This rooms are small and there is no a/c (normal for London). The greatest asset of this hotel is its staff. They will take excellent care of you. They keep the entire property clean and neat. The hotel has been updated and everything is well maintained. The continental breakfast buffet is as good as those served at hotels charging much more.A good value with some of the nicest staff anywhere.

isn't hospitality all about friendness?

by TripAdvisor Member Man_U_canuck

took us AGES to find this place, located a bit far from the tube and the train station (ok, i blame the tourist information centre for not showing us the right location at first).

The block in the reception area never smiled, and when i was there he kept talking to his co-worker, which annoyed me, after the long walk around the area.

We were stayed on the 2nd floor and by the time i was there, i realized he didn't give me my room key, so i went downstairs and asked for it, he insisted that he gave me to me already, but I saw that key on his desk and pointed at that, he gave it to me and the look on his face was like 'yeh so what, everyone makes mistakes'. It was unplesant.

There's a computer hooked up near the reception area with internet, i was going to go online and the screen showed 'login/logoff' so i thought each room has a specific account, so i clicked logoff, and yes, couldn't go online after that. I asked the receiption guy (same person) and he looked not amused and told us not to logoff. Yeh, like I knew it beforehand. Terrible staff

The room was ok, reason for choosing this place to stay was the fact that it's located right next to the megabus stop, had an early trip to Manchester the next day so it was really convenient. Otherwise I wouldn't have chosen that place, it's expensive comparing with other budget hotels

Computer rules over the guests

by TripAdvisor Member Toomas

We stayed two consecutive nights at the hotel in September 2006. We had made separete reservations for these nights, and the computer had allocated different rooms for us since it did not know that we were the same persons. The staff was initially helpful and said they managed to re-allocate the rooms in the computer so that we did not have to move for the second night.

When we arrived at the hotel for the second night we were told that they had not been able to keep the promise and had moved our things into a different room. Had we known this in advance, we would have packed the things in the morning (it was our fault that we had separate reservations, so we could have complied). Now they had done it their way: toothpaste was in the same bag with documents; used shirt in the bag of clean laundry, the small safe had been opened (so much about security) and our passports and return tickets deposited at the front desk.

Thus it appears that bookings in the computer rule the physical world in this hotel, despite what the hotel staff told us when we checked in.

Noise from the passing trains was another issue, but we were so tired that we managed to sleep with windows open.

Otherwise the hotel was nice and clean; the rooms recently renovated, staff friendly, everything worked as expected. A small surprise was that the TV channels in the two rooms were different.

Convenient location

by TripAdvisor Member noecat5

3 adults stayed here for 4 nights late September 2006. The staff at the front desk were very nice and friendly and helpful. There is a PC in the front area for guest use if you need to send email or whatever. The room was a triple room, and it was nothing special but it was clean. We had a little fridge in the room which was nice to have. The location of this hotel is just about 2 blocks from Victoria Station so it's convenient to anywhere you want to go in London since you can get the subway train there. We went all over town with no problem and we've never been in England before. Also a few blocks down from the hotel is a place to wash clothes, which I used TWICE, they call it a launderette. That was a nice thing to have nearby. The price for the hotel was outrageously expensive but then so were all the others so we had no choice. The trains coming into the station were VERY loud every 10 minutes or so, 24 hours a day. We tried to ignore the noise.

Comfort Inn - Comfort in what!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Lexielegs

The hotel was handy for Victoria Bus & Train Station, but that's about all.

We stayed here for 1 night in June 2005, and if we could've got a train or bus home to Scotland any earlier than we did, we would have. The room was small with a double bed crammed up against 3 walls. There were no extra pillows and worst of all no air con, although advertised as being there. This was a very hot night and even with the window wide open there was absolutely no air. We asked the night porter if we could change rooms but he said there was none available, even though the vacancy sign was still up. Eventually he offered us 2 single rooms. This was the last night of our honeymoon, which we told him - so single rooms were not an option.

The breakfast room/lobby was busy in the morning. It has to be said the buffet breakfast was the best part of this hotel. But it's too small to accommodate the number of people staying in the hotel.

We would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone - ever!

NICE-- We were pleasantly surprised !!

by TripAdvisor Member LovePuertoVallarta

It was extremely difficult to choose a hotel for our stay in London. After days of reading reviews I chose this one. Reviews were mixed, and we were not sure what to expect. Price was good for a clean hotel in London. Room was adequate size, but not spacious. Free Internet connection. VERY CLEAN AND VERY QUIET. No air-conditioning, but window opened to a quiet street and we were immediately given a large fan..... comfortable temperature. Recently renovated-- evrything in very good condition. Nice shower-- great water pressure and temperature control. A wonderful "continental" breakfast was provided.... more food than expected and quite filling. Cocoa, coffee, tea available 24 hours. Good elevator-- we were on 2nd floor. A 3-hour early check-in was allowed and we had only a 5 minute wait for our room. Location is EXCELLENT, and was the main reason we choose this hotel. Victoria COACH (buses) Station is less than a block, and the Tube/Underground... Victoria Station... was about a 5 minute walk. USE THE TUBE !! BUY A LONDON PASS !! We were glad we did both. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting London with family, and planning to see the sights. This location cannot be beat for this price !! Staff was friendly and accomodating.

Clean but a little too close to the train station

by TripAdvisor Member josudore

This is a good choice if you are on a tight budget - the room was very clean and the staff was very helpful and pleasant. The only draw-back was that we had room that faced the tracks for Victoria station, so you had a lot of train noise (after a while you did get used to it). Other than that, it was a good hotel and the location was very convenient to Victoria station. I would consider staying here again (but get a room at the front - street-facing - side of the hotel!

Comments