2-5 St Chad's Street, London, WCIH 8BD, United Kingdom

Costs 51% more and rated 12% lower than other 3 star hotels

More about Comfort Inn Kings Cross

Great Find

by TripAdvisor Member ClairePear

We stayed at this hotel for a 'girly' weekend away and after some of the other budget horrors we have been in this was a fantastic surprise.

The rooms are clean, full of everything you might want and the staff friendly. We felt like the only people there.

The only down side is the lack of nice bars in kings cross, but the bus is only 1 minute away.

A great find.

Nice Surprise

by TripAdvisor Member who2you

It really is newly refurbished! It really is convenient! And the staff is great.Had booked this hotel for beginning of trip three days in London, liked it so much that I immediately booked it for the last two days of my trip and cancelled my existing reservation for another hotel

Great little hotel but the breakfast - YUK!

by TripAdvisor Member superhols

I stayed here for two nights this month and to be honest was quite impressed with this little hotel.

The rooms were a nice size, and look as if they have recently been refurbished in a modern style. The bedlinen was spotlessly clean, if a little worn, and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was modern, clean, with a good powershower. I gather from the pile of mattresses outside the front door on my last morning that they're in the process of replacing those too.

After a few problems (TV didn't work, aircon didn't work), the lovely lady on reception, who couldn't have done enough to sort things out for me, upgraded my room. They also took the trouble to match customers to keys so I never had to ask for it - they always had it ready for me. It's attention to detail like that, that makes this hotel stand out in my book. Really impressed with the staff here.

I have to admit to having been a bit worried about the location (being in Kings Cross) but as a woman staying on my own, I felt very safe walking around - it wasn't at all over-run with prostitutes (which is how I remembered it :)) and in fact, there's quite a few places to eat nearby - a Subway sandwich bar at the end of the road, and the highly recommended Chop Chop Noodle bar opposite the station. Oh, and there's a great little internet cafe at the end of the street which does access for 99p an hour - bargain!

If you're planning to stay here, do - but just so's you know the whole story, here are my only concerns -

- The hotel is a few residential houses knocked together and made into a hotel. Therefore, there are lots of little ups-and-down stairs to get to your room. Because of all the little bits of stairs, there are numerous fire doors which can be hard to get through with your bags. Although there's a lift here, I don't see how you'd be able to get around if you use a wheelchair or have mobility requirements. Also, because it's not purpose-built, the soundproofing between rooms is poor. On my second night, I was woken up at 12.00, 2.30, and 5am by the bloke in the room next door on his cellphone. Not amused!

- The breakfast, included in the price, was cheap and nasty - in fact on the 2nd morning I went elsewhere even though I'd paid for it. You might like 'fake' cornflakes that taste and look like cardboard with rancid warm milk, soggy croissants which weren't even heated up, pasteurised storecupboard yoghurts instead of fresh ones, but I don't! Not even a sniff of fresh fruit, although they had some tinned stuff in a bowl on the side. The breakfast really, really REALLY let this place down, which is why I've only given it 4 (would have been 5 if the brekkie was semi-edible).

Wouldn't stay here again

by TripAdvisor Member CRMotorbikes

The location of this hotel is convenient to King's Cross Rail/Tube Station. St. Chad Street is a quiet side street. The service was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was the typical American Continental breakfast of toast or croissants, canned sliced peaches, yoghurt, orange and apple juice, coffee and tea. We paid $130 for one night. The room we had on the 3rd floor was extremely small and uncomfortable. The bathroom was nice and looked fairly new and updated, with a small shower only. The hallway to our room was very narrow. The bed was very firm and uncomfortable, the pillows were flat. We could not adjust the air-conditioner, without paying a $10 deposit for the remote control. I was happy that our stay was for only one night. I expected better after reading the reviews prior to our vacation.

Not a real bad experience, very small, good location for transport

A nice surprise when we got there, we ended up having a suite. It's still small, but really all it was for us was a place to sleep after touring around all day. Free breakfast was a huge +, gave one the xtra energy for all that walking. Located very close to the King's Cross/St Pancras tube station, connects with many lines on the Underground tube and rail stations. Didn't have a problem with the area, & we often came back late around 10 or 11pm. Staff helpful, friendly. Don't use the internet there $$$, go to any 'net cafes about a block away. Not noisy at all, even on the weekend, we had an end room on the first floor. Stuffy but we opened up windows with no problem. Our coffee/tea pot was gross inside, but had a sink, dishes, flatware, mini fridge & microwave.

Some travel advice: We walked around a lot ourselves, but do the "London Walks" tours if you can. Excellent! We did a night "Ghost Walk" tour. You can eat fairly cheap, eat at pubs...good food, you don't have to tip. Your tax is already included in the prices. GET A TRAVELCARD!! for the tube/bus/rail and you get a discount on the city water travel on the Thames. Tube is easy to use. Always carry a street map and a map of the the Tube. Have Fun!

Not to the standard I was expecting

You checkin at a Comfort Inn and expect a certain amount of quality due to the name, however was really let down. The staff were rude, the hotel wasnt that clean, and the prices compare to hotels in the area was 30% more expensive. we actually ended up leaving and staying at a much better hotel in Kings Cross at nearly £40 per night cheaper!
Would not go back to this hotel....

Clean rooms, good location, good value

by TripAdvisor Member Dew_Eastern

The rooms are a bit small, but nice and clean.
The location is great, right next to King's Cross tube station.
The staff was very pleasant and helpful.

You get a good value for your money.

Very Good Staff & Location

by TripAdvisor Member Will Sprinkel

I totally enjoyed my stay at the Kings Cross Comfort Inn. The entire staff was friendly and very helpful.
Very close to the Kings Cross tube station. There's a very good and affordable place to eat (CHOP CHOP)a block away. There's a good breakfast served daily at the hotel and a Starbucks not far away for that needed jolt each morning. I would certainly stay here again. Rooms just a bit small but very clean and comfortable. Had a great time.

Good London Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member martindka

This is pretty much a basic hotel. Nothing fancy but very clean, rooms have a good size, nice bathroom and good location. (but boring breakfeast).
If you don't want to risk staying at one of the many crap-hotels located in the london, and still not pay a fortune then this is the 'sure bet'. Good value.

Satisfied Customer

Stayed there 2 days. All I wanted was a clean comfortable room, efficient staff & good location. I got everything I wanted and more- the staff were very friendly. Allowed us to check in early. Handy to all the sites by tube and if you want the exercise not too far a walk to the city centre. Only fault I found was that I had to have a very cold shower one of the mornings which is not good in November!!! Recommended.

-=Kings Cross Hotel=-

by Metroid

Anyone have comments about the area and hotel:
Comfort Inn Kings Cross - Tranquil Georgian terrace in Kings Cross
2-5 St Chad's Street
London, England WC1H 8BD
United Kingdom

Thanks
D

RE: -=Kings Cross Hotel=-

by robine

Sorry, but King's X isn't the best of areas - it's being cleaned up, but has been notorious for drugs and prostitution. I'd look elsewhere (Bayswater, Kensington ...) if I were you.

RE: RE: -=Kings Cross Hotel=-

by Roadquill

That is what I heard also, but I was only there during the day and it seemed pretty tame to me.

Comments