Comfort Inn Victoria

Costs 76% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Comfort Inn Victoria

Adequate & good location

by TripAdvisor Member Wendowlene

Comfort Inn Victoria is handy for the tube, relatively cheap and with (for London) big rooms but we did encounter a number of problems -

* We requested a triple room with a double & two singles but were given a room with two doubles. When we asked at reception we were told it was the only room available for 3 people. They did give us a rollaway bed but it was almost on the floor and not what we wanted - or booked!
* The room wasn't the cleanest - dusty, greying bed clothes etc
* The bathroom was tiny - like being on an airplane with only a shower (not bhe cleanest) and toilet - the sink was in the main bedroom
* While there was an air conditioner in the room it wasn't working - apparently they're in the process of being installed (June 06) but the only people in the whole place who seemed to be cool were the receptionists who did have working air con
* The choice for breakfast is pretty poor - cereal, hard boiled eggs, yogurt & toast
* Our room was in between 2 floors, which meant there was no lift to our "floor" & so we had to carry our bags up a flight of stairs. Luckily we were only there for the weekend but for anyone with big bags it would be very awkward
* We had a room on the inside of the hotel which looked out on a very narrow yard which contained some sort of machine which made a very loud and annoying noise long into the night (at least 2.00am when I finally fell asleep)
* On our last day we had to climb over a large pile of dirty laundry which completely blocked the bottom of the stairs in order to check out - the reception staff weren't in the least apologetic about this

All in all, you get what you pay for. The main reason I booked it was for a triple room with 3 beds and that's not what I got. Not the worst place I've every stayed but definitely not the best either. Having stayed in the Holiday Inn Express in Southwark on a previous trip I'll be looking for a HI Express again next time I visit London. Cleaner rooms, better breakfast & friendlier staff!!!

What a Weekend

This was are first time staying at this hotel and what great time we had with the staff they were very helpful to me as i was running the marathon on the sunday and they made every arrangement that i needed to be done they did it and when i asked for an early
breakfast on the sunday they said no problem what do you want it,and we will give you awakw up call as well now how kind is that.

Good Value

Went to London with my family and stayed here for 6 nts. Great location within a couple of minutes walk of Victoria Station. Gatwick Express has trains to station. Most of our stay was in a quad room which was very large for European standards. Beds and pillows weren't the most comfortable but after long days of sightseeing we had no problem sleeping. Walls not too great if you have loud neigbors. Always plenty of hot water in shower.
Nice but standard continental breakfast. All employees very willing to help out. St. George's
pub just up the street had good and very reasonalable priced food and drink. Other good pubs within short walking distance. Victoria tube station just 5 minute walk. Walk to Buckingham Palace about 10-15 minutes
Overall very pleased with accommodations.

Interesting

My boyfriend and i was travelling to the West country so he booked a hotel to save us from travelling early. he booked us a double room with a single bed because they said that is all they have left. to our confusement we arrived in room 511 with four single beds, but we didn't complain we were tired enough...mangement staff need to communicate more obviously. i read in the welcome book that the room was newly refurbished and wow can you tell, it was the most comfortable nights sleep iv had in months. One big problem with our room though every 10 mins or so you hear a train (yes a train) go past our room it was very bizarre and annoying when your trying to watch tv. for £97 a night it wasn't what we expected. We was so comfortable with our beds we failed to get to breakfast, though it sounds good! Location was great for us, although we heard the trains go past regularly, we were set to do more traveling that day with not too far to walk. I am a part-time chambermaid and i was sooo impressed with the overall cleanliness of the room, the beds were done so well and the bathroom was spotless! would recommend the hotel, just be clear of what room you want and one where u can't hear the train next to you!!

TWO Comfort Inns Near Victoria Station

by TripAdvisor Member jeskaa1

As we rode the National Express buses into/out of Victoria Coach Station, we were sure we spotted our Comfort Inn. However, after our Baltic cruise, we showed up at the door and it was the wrong Comfort Inn! Yes, there are TWO very near Victoria Station. One is a block away on St. Georges Drive and then ours.. another block away on Belgrave Road. Both look fine and handy for the traveler. The Inn on Belgrave Road is comfortable and economical for London. (68 GBP/double) The hotel is based on a Victorian walkup and we had a twin room on the main floor. It was en suite, well equipped, with a great tea/coffee service. We were able to reserve the room from the USA on the Choice Hotels website and the complimentary breakfast was varied and substatial. Many of the hotel patrons were not tourists, but Brits in for the weekend Chelsea Flower and Garden Show. It is very handy to The Tube and we were able to ride the Mellinium Wheel over the Thames. Yes, we would stay there again and explore London from the Comfort Inn Belgrave..

No frills, great location

by TripAdvisor Member skytre

My sister and I just returned from three nights in London. We chose this hotel because we wanted to be close to Victoria Station in order to catch the train to Gatwick Airport for a very early morning flight home. The room was very small (as expected in Europe), but was very clean, had a safe, and the bathroom was strangely huge, with a massive tub. Check-in was quick and easy. Despite what hotel web-site says, the did NOT have internet (manager said this was being installed in the future). Breakfast was meager, with toast, canned fruit and cereals (we had much more elaborate breakfasts at other English hotels during our trip). The best thing about this hotel is that it is very convenient to all things "tourist". The Tube, train, and bus station (Victoria Station) is literally around the corner. Attached to Victoria Station is a shopping mall that stays open until 11pm, and we stopped there on our way back to the hotel each night to get food from the market deli, saving money on restaurant bills. We felt very safe as two women walking in the neighbourhood at night. Hotel is within easy walking distance to Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, St. James Palace and Parliament. Two theatres (showing musicals Billy Elliot and Wicked) are a 90-second walk from the hotel. We were grateful for the advice we read on this site, and asked for a room at the back of the hotel - it was reasonably quiet, and I can see how a room at the front of the building would have been noisy. The hotel itself is decent, and the location is the reason we would stay there again.

Noisy and uncomfortable

by TripAdvisor Member AGreen

Good location for Victoria Station, especially if you have luggage.
Staff were ambivalent about us
Room was tiny and dirty
The bed was very uncomfortable
Very noisy other guests - but that could happen anywhere
breakfast very average
fine for one night stopover, but not for a longer stay

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member Ugly72

We stayed at Comfort Inn for three nights in late June. I was a little apprehensive after reading some reviews on trip advisor regarding the size of the rooms however we were pleasantly surprised when we arrived. Our room had been upgraded to a triple (we were a double) so we had an extra single bed and more space in our room. Everything that the hotel advertised as their facilities were accurate and the breakfast was lovely. The location of Comfort Inn is very close to Victoria Station which is only about a five minute walk away. Belgrave Road is quiet at night time where this hotel is located so there was never a concern regarding the noise. The bathroom was larger than expected, it was clean and functional. Reception staff were accommodating however the only concern that I wanted to rebook the Comfort Inn for our return trip to London and I was advised that if I wanted the internet price that I had to book over the net! I couldn't book directly with the staff! The hotel is within walking distance to Buckingham Palace, Hyde Park, Harrods however the London Tube is so efficient that we ended up catching the Tube everywhere. I would definately book the Hotel Comfort Inn again if I ever returned to London.

Not a good hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Filipoco

Good location. Neutral staff. The rooms were a little bit dirty, smelly and unconfortable, with a tiny and ugly bathroom. There are no closet and no place to put the clothes. There was no lift for the room where I stayed. The breakfast was poor with little variety of food. The waiters are womens dressed with their own clothes when serving at tables. Not a good hotel.

My Kind of City

by WheninRome

We spent 3 wonderful days in London in late July 2010. We flew into London late at night and took a cab to our hotel, the Premier Inn Victoria - a basic but clean accommadation in a good area. After a late dinner (not terribly easy to find) we retired for the night. The next day, a Sunday, we started out by going to the Bayswater Road Art Show and then walked through Hyde Park. We almost had high tea at the Orangery at Kensington Gardens, but at the last minute decided not to (good call because high tea at Harrod's was much better I think). The Bayswater Road Art Show was a great way to ease into our London and UK vacation. We kept going and going that first day, trying to see and do as much as possible - Parlaiment, Big Ben, Downing Street, London Eye, you name it. We collapsed into bed ready for another exciting London day.

On our second day we started early at the Tower of London. We pre-ordered our tickets, went early and got right in. We also didn't waste any time getting in to see the Crown Jewels as we were told the line forms quickly. We got in almost immediately, but by the time we were done about 45 minutes later, the line stretched quite a ways - probably a half hour wait. Oh, and the Jewels were amazing. Then it was off to the Tower Bridge and that afternoon we toured St. Paul's Cathedral and listened to a choir concert at Westminster Abbey. I thought that touring one and listening to a free concert at the other was perfect as I really don't think paying for the tour of both of them is necessary.

As one who likes to try and eat like the Romans do when in Rome, I was very psyched about having authentic British pub grub accompanied by a pint of real ale. I like a craft brewed beer and was looking very forward to Britain's real ales. In that respect, I was a little disappointed, at least while in London. The couple pub meals we had were not very good at all, tasting like they had been taken out of the freezer and stuck in an oven for 20 minutes. The real ales I had in London were also mediocre and one even tasted stale. I will say that we visited a local bar near our hotel one evening and had a couple decent beers with some locals, including a Mr. Shuffelbothom, but otherwise I was disappointed in pub grub. Our best meal in London was Italian near SoHo.

Our last day in London was probably the best. We started early at Buckingham Palace for changing of the guard. It was worth the wait and the crowds. Unless you are in the very front row at the gate, I would instead recommend staking out good seats at the monument in front of the gate. Also, if you are claustrophobic then being in the crush of people near the gates is not a good idea. This was also the first day that the Palace was open for tours and we got advance tickets (an absolute must) so we went in after a short wait once the changing of the guards was over. Wow. Definitely worth the expense and the short wait. What an experience.

After Buckingham Palace we decided to make our way to Harrod's for high tea since high tea was definitely something we wanted to experience while in London. The only difficult thing about having high tea at Harrod's is finding the Georgian, the best restaurant for high tea at Harrod's, but one of over 20 some restaurants in the department store. The experience itself was overwhelming and decadent, much like everything else at Harrod's.

We finished the evening by watching the musical Oliver. Regardless of what you see, I think a play in London is a must. Oliver was fantastic, quintessential London.

Hotel near Victoria Train Station

by jorgegomes

Hi,

I need help to choose a nice hotel near Victoria Train Station, for the first week of August.
Anyone could help me? I could pay till 100GBP.
Thanks

Jorge

by GillianMcLaughlin

Try www.lastminute.com

Lots of options and reasonably priced (great discounts)

by chrishc

This is a good area for hotels, but if it is a week you want I think you may struggle for that price.

A google search for Hotel london victoria may throw a bunch of sites up.

Good luck

by rafael_gd

Are you considering Youth Hostels too?
Try Hostelling International (www.iyhf.com) for daily prices from 5GBP to 24GBP. You'll have to be a member, but you can purchase your membership card at most hostels for around 10 USD.

by robine

The best hotel I've stayed in in that area is the comfortable, old-established 3* Eccleston: check out on-line discounts, but anyway it's within your price range.

Have a good stay!

by milugares

I agree with Robine. There are 2 hotels from the same chain (Choice Hotels): 1. - The Quality is a bit old but decent enough, and well below 100 pounds. 2. - The Comfort Inn Victoria, just meters away on Belgrave Road. And there are many others in that area.
Try searching in a map that shows you nearby hotels, like www.multimap.com or www.viamichelin.com. this way you can choose your hotel.
For last minute offers try online, like www.laterooms.com and give the postcode (sw1).

by eterry2

I just got back from London. My mother, my daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Thistle Westminster which is under a 5 minute walk to Victoria trainstation. Great location. nice hotel. We got a super deal when we booked our trip thru gotoday.com. But, it was a deal that included airfare too. have fun. we did!

by nav_jewel

Days Inn is a good place, has good rooms.
It's a 3 star and 0.5 mile from Victoria station.

from the same link, you can see other hotels after clicking on "Show Properties Near:" combo box on the left bottom page.

although I did not stay there, but a pal of mine. He booked on this site and found rates competitive.

Comments