Corus Hotel Hyde Park

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Hotwire again

My fourth and final hotel of this trip was also booked by using Hotwire, it was billed as a 4* in Hyde Park although I would seriously challenge whomever classified this as a 4* hotel. Granted I booked for only one person, but I ended up with just about the smallest hotel room I've ever had in London, just enough room for a bed, small desk and a night stand. And I'm guessing that Hotwire customers get the worst rooms in the hotel, from the minute I checked in I felt that I had inferior status. Had the room only been small, I wouldn't have really felt all that bad, after all it's just a place to sleep for me. But the not so pleasant part of the stay was not one but two false firm alarms, the 1st at 8:30am on Saturday morning was merely an annoyance as I scrambled to get dressed before it was shut off. The 2nd one, at 12:10am on Sunday morning, woke me up but I took my time getting dressed and sure enough it was turned off too. Add to that the nocturnal moaning of my neighbors at 3am on Saturday, after the 4th round appeared to be starting I pounded loudly on the wall and mercifully it stopped.

Unique Quality: Only a few pluses, free wifi didn't require logging on multiple times. There was a room safe, an iron and tea/coffee service. The hotel was only about 5 minutes from Lancaster Gate, Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens just across the street, Paddington Station walkable although I didn't try it with luggage.

Directions: Closest tube: Lancaster Gate, turn right out of the tube station

• CDM7's Profile Photo

Good base for London visit.

This hotel is in an ideal position for a visit to London,being a few minutes walk from Lancaster Gate tube station and a ten minute walk from Paddington railway station.
    Upon arrival check in was speedy and friendly .Although the bedroom (room 269) was on the small side (10x12 ft) it was clean,warm and quiet.The bathroom was a reasonable size, with both bath and shower,but was let down by the smallest washbasin we have ever had.
    Breakfast was excellent with a good choice of food,likewise the meal we had in the hotel at Olio's restaurant.

Directions: Just up the road from Marble Arch overlooking Hyde Park.

• TrendsetterME's Profile Photo

Corus Hotel Hyde Park, London, UK

Hotel is located next to the Hyde Park, good for early morning walks and after work joggings ... As the location is safe and quiet, but some far from downtown, Lancaster Gate metro station is very close, in which after several stops u can reach the main attractions of London like Oxford Street etc ....

According to the Hotel facilities, Housekeeping is working well, but this dont cover that the rooms are really small and tiny, also the material used for furniture is not so well .... Needs a real improvment ... Besides, the breakfast is nice and well sorted, free wifi in public areas, and in all areas of the hotel, service, concierge etc are very willing to help for ur questions, small maps, theater ticket reservations etc ....

As not the best, but still recommendable for a short business / tourist stay ....

Directions: Next to Hyde Park at Lancaster Gate.

• Swwaattcchh's Profile Photo

Basic Hotel

The hotel lobby is decent enough, and staff is friendly.
    My only problem is often walking past the lift lobby to get up to your room. It's tucked alongside a lounge and I can't seem to find it every single time!

The room is the smallest I've ever come across, barely enough space for me to walk around.
    Not to even mention there's barely elbow room in the bathroom. It's also fairly basic in terms of amentities within the room. No wardrobe / cupboard, just a steel clothes hanger, small tv. No internet connection either!
    Nevertheless, the room is nice, clean and comfortable enough for a good night's rest. The only perks, a good powerful hair dryer and an ironing board for you to keep your clothes straight.

Unique Quality: Never tried out the other facilities in the hotel other than the breakfast buffet.
    It's not fantastic, small spread and hardly any changes day to day.
    But, for the lazy me, it's sufficient to fill my stomach and set the energy bar up enough for me to explore the rest of the city.

Directions: Opposite Hyde Park

• Zlur's Profile Photo

Will definately return here...

I really loved this hotel.. besides being so new and modern, it was very clean, staff were friendly... rooms were quite small but had everything one would need; good room service, tv, radio, hairdryer, tea & coffee facility and so on.... I recommend this hotel and will definately return!! Plus being so central! In 20 minutes we would walk it to Oxord Street! or if one prefers the tube station use the Lancaster Gate station just 2 mins away.. next door there is also a really great pub... delicious fish n chips are served here, gets quite busy in the evenings too... The Swan Pub...

Unique Quality: Excellent location, quiet area just opposite Hyde park, very modern & clean hotel! Easy access to tube - 3 minute walk to Lancaster Gate Tube station...

Directions: Bayswater road, approx 20 minutes walk to Oxford Street

More about Corus Hotel Hyde Park

Recommend staying in the Corus

My wife and I have just returned after staying in the Corus Hyde Park from 13th - 16th of January 2005. The hotel location is perfect - directly across from Hyde Park and and less than 1 minutes walk from Lancaster Gate underground station which has a very good service, (a train every couple of minutes) and only takes a few minutes to get into Centarl London. We found the hotel staff to be very helpful and although the rooms are quite small, they were cleaned everyday. The only problem we found with the room was the fact that you can hear people talking in the rooms next door as the walls are very thin and not very well sound proofed. Unfortunately the hotel also had a fire drill at about 8am on the Sunday morning which wasn't great as we had been out late the previous night enjoying ourselves!! Apart from those little issues I would recommend the hotel simply for it's price, location and cleanliness.

Good Hotel, Good Location

My husband and me arrived yesterday from Corus Hyde Park, and we loved it.
We were afraid of all the bad things that we read on the others reviews (tinny bedrooms, lots of smoking areas...) but we had no problems.
We stayed for 5 nights in one renewed room. We can't say that it was a big bedroom, but all the rooms in London Hotel's are smaller than usual (for big rooms must try the Sheraton, Ritz…)...It was not a problem for us because we had enough space for our luggage...and we only use the hotel to sleep and take a bath.
The bedroom was exactly like on the internet photos, with a little table, one armchair, security chest, shelfs, closet to put clothes with drawers...and a beautiful view to Hyde Park (we can see the squirrels from our windows). We also had everything we needed to make a coffee/tea, and cookies everyday. Everything was very clean.
The hotel staff was always very gentle and helpful.
We had continental breakfast (bread, croissants, jam, honey, butter, cheese, ham, milk, coffee, tea, chocolate, corn flakes, bran flakes, orange juice)... For us it’s more than enough!
The hotel lobby have sofas and a restaurant/bar. There is one Internet point too. In the concierge we can leave the luggage if we arrive too soon to check in or if we check out and have the plain later and want to visit more things without the luggage…and we don’t have to pay more for it, like happens in others hotels.
Lancaster Gate is in the Central Line so we can go everywhere by tube and the tube terminal is only 2 minutes walking from the hotel. In a distance of one station we are in Oxford Street.
It was not my first time in London but it was my first time in Corus Hyde Park. I will not come back for a simply reason: I like to try new hotels in new zones wherever I go. But it was a very good experience.

Everything I asked for

Have been residing in Hyde Park hotel for a twoday conference in London.

In my quest for a hotel I focused on a straight forward Business Hotel, with no extras and got everything I asked for.

Perfectly located, near Lancaster Gate tube and Paddington Railway station to Heathrow just five minutes away.
Hyde Park just across the hotel and around the corner Praed street with all its restaurants etc.

Room was at 7th floor, nicely renovated, clean etc.
None of the 'problems' I have read in other reviews were applicable to my stay. Really enjoyed it, will come back

Non-smokers may have a problem.

As a Californian, I forgot how much Europeans smoke. The lobby at this hotel has inadequate ventilation and we couldn't get through it fast enough. I requested a non-smoking room, but upon check-in was told they wouldn't have one until the following day. I held my ground and got one. The lobby furniture is shabby, but the room was clean and the beds were comfortable. No more than 2 of the 3 elevators worked at a time (often less). The location is good (a little more than a block from the Lancaster Gate tube) and across Bayswater Rd. from Hyde Park. The staff was excellent and they have concierge services. If you are a smoker, you will be quite happy here and, if the price is right, I would stay again. By the way, save yourself $$ and take the tube instead of the Heathrow express. Paddington station is quite a hike compared to the tube station. You will have to change trains and haul your luggage, but travel light and you will be fine.

Too hot for Summer...

by TripAdvisor Member koksy

Although I stayed in this hotel in July 2004, I only just found this site!

Anyway, the standard rooms are small compared to US standards, with the double/queen size bed being only accessible from one side. The other side is against the wall. The bed was comfortable and made up with a white duvet.

Wooden shutters cover the windows. There is a desk, and a wardrobe rail (not actually a wardrobe- just a rail!). The rooms are actually quite trendy and painted in neutral white decor. The bathroom is also white and is small but adequate. The rooms were very clean.

There is a kettle, and a small tin containing teabags, coffee and biscuits. There is also a trouser press and a fan mounted on the wall.

The main problem with this hotel is the temperature in the room. There is no aircon and hot summer nights in London are unbearable!! The wall mounted fan is totally useless. In addition, lots of guests leave their door ajar to try and get some air through. This makes the hotel seem very noisy. The hotel is also located on a busy road opposite Hyde Park.

The best thing about this hotel is the location. Very central and convenient for Lancaster Gate tube station.

I would stay here again, but not in summer.

Mediocre, And I Don't Ask For Much

The biggest problem with this hotel is the size of the rooms. I am 5'4" and when I spread out I could touch my feet to one wall and my fingers almost touched the other. However, we didn't spend a lot of time in the room, so it wasn't horrible.
Also, if you have problems getting in/out of the shower (elderly, disabled) you may find it impossible here. The shower was about a three foot step up over a railing. I found it a little hard at times.
The smoking never bothered us.... yes, there was smoking in the lobby and in the hallways, but it was never overwhelming.
The staff could've been more efficient. They were never rude, but when we wanted to stay two extra days it took several trips to the front desk and several phone calls. We also never got 3 wake up calls, which made us angry. (There wasn't an alarm clock in the room- the tv told the time).
On the plus side, it was a good location. We walked to Portobello Road and Harrod's and the V&A museum, and of course, Hyde Park. It was also just minutes from Paddinton Station and right on a tube line.

All in all, it wasn't a bad experience, just mediocre, and I don't ask for much. I don't think I would stay here again.

Affordable Hotels in London?

by lizzzzie

I want to surprise my husband and take him to London for our anniversay in October (around the 9th-16th). He has never been to Europe and I have. I thought that London would be a good city to start in since they speak Englsih. I am looking for an affordable hotel... around 100$. I would like it to be near attractions, but the most important is that it is REALLY close to a tube station. Any ideas? Thanks!

by paulinuk2u

superbreaks.com well have a look

by rexvaughan

We love the Blandford Hotel which is near Regents Park and about 1/2 block from the Baker Street tube station. Check them out at:
It is a small but nice and clean place with a wonderful full English breakfast. Good luck.

by dianainvegas

My husband and I went to London for the first time in April. We booked our vacation through www.virginatlanticvacations.com and stayed at the Corus Hotel. The hotel was fabulous. Great room, great view and a great staff. The rooms were large by London standards and we were right across from Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens. We could actually see Kensington Gardens from our room. We had round-trip from Las Vegas (direct flight) to Gatwick, airport to hotel transport included, 7 days, 6nights at the Corus Hotel, site seeing tour tickets and more all for the great price of around $2400.00 total. P.S. part of the $2400.00 was an additional cost of $700.00 total to fly out of Vegas direct otherwise the trip from NY was around $1700.00. Next time we go we'll do the same thing.

by dianainvegas

I forgot to add, the tube station is just around the corner, less than 1/2 block from the Corus hotel. Also everything is within an easy walk. The double decker buses stop in front of the hotel. There are multiple tubes also within easy walking distance nearby.

by eterry2

also take a look at gotoday.com. My mother, daughter and I booked a trip to london thru them and loved it--all at a super price. We extended the stay 3 nights 6/7-6/16 and still paid under $1000 per person for air and hotel and cancelation insurance.

There are several choices of hotels. We stayed at the Thistle Westminster and had a great location--5 min walk to the tube. It is very near Victoria Station.

YOu will love your visit. what a wonderful gift.

Terry