Country Inn Suites Bloomsbury

Cheshire Hotel
Agoda.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

• Elainehead's Profile Photo

Central location near everything!

Central location near everything: public transportation, theaters, shops (Oxford Street, Soho), restaurants, British Museum, Astoria, Mean Fiddler, etc. If you like walking you won't even need to make use of the tube to visit the main city attractions.

We had a double room for a total of 82,5 pounds (breakfast included) per night that we booked via their own site. It was room n° 407 on the fourth floor (only five floors). The room was simple and tiny but cozy and clean. The bed was small, so not recommended if you are too overweight and/or tall (over 1m80).

If you decide to sleep near the heater, watch out the bedside table! Every time I had to stand up or wake up, I would hit my right elbow against it. The only way I found to avoid this was putting an extra pillow between me and the bedside table. Room amenities: TV (only 9 free channels, I think), iron and ironing board (inside the closet), old hair dryer (inside a drawer), Coffee/Tea Maker, liquid soap in the bathroom. I was really glad there was a window in the bathroom. If you bring any electrical appliance, don't forget to bring a plug adaptor and maybe an electricity converter. If you want to turn on the lights (either in the room or bathroom), be sure that the master switch is on (the switch button beside the door). Breakfast: either continental or English one. I tried both, but I prefered the continental one. They would bring you toasts, assortment of bread and propose you a hot drink (tea/coffee but if you ask, they can get you hot chocolate), orange juice (freshly squeezed) and cereals. On each table, you will find jams, honey and butter. The hotel staff? At least the ones at the breakfast room were smiley and courteous, the front desk ones were more like just doing their jobs.

If you know the American goth-metal band called My Chemical Romance, they were also staying here. They were playing at the Astoria just the night before. I don't know how they managed to put all their music equipment on their hotel rooms!!!

Unique Quality: The hotel location was excellent, so I would surely stay here again.

Directions: Nearest tube: Tottenham Court Road (Exit 3)

More about Country Inn Suites Bloomsbury

country inn and suites by carlson bloomsbury

by tanya_ang

hi vt-ers, has anybody stayed in country inn and suites by carlson in bloomsbury. I read in some reviews that its really bad there. has anybody tried staying here? please let me know. we are planning to stay here on oct 19 to 24. thanks guys

Re: country inn and suites by carlson bloomsbury

by leics

The reviews on:

are very mixed, but so much depends on your expectations. London is expensive, and you really do get what you pay for.

You might consider the Euro hotel: I was very satisfied with what I got for the price, and it is extremely convenient in terms of location. www.eurohotel.co.uk

Re: country inn and suites by carlson bloomsbury

by cpiers47

There are so many great places to stay in Bloomsbury, even on a budget. I guess I wouldn't settle.

http://www.arranhotel-london.com/ (there are others in the neighborhood that are great as well.)

Comments