10 Monmouth Street, London, WC2H 9HB, United Kingdom

Orbitz.com Booking.com MrandMrsSmith.com

Rated 19% higher but also costs 445% more than other 3 star hotels

• Best in London

Unique Quality: This is the best hotel in London. Everything is perfect - good looking staff are friendly and helpful. Room service food is always quick and delicious.

• ZanieOR's Profile Photo

Hotel lobby

I thought maybe people would like to see the lobby of the Covent Garden. It was always staffed by very pleasant people.
    We left our key in an old fashioned cupboad behind the counter whenever we went out.

It was a real key on attached to a leather bob with our room number on it, unlike modern hotels with room cards. Except for a couple of times when we forgot, we always left the key. ... The desk was staffed 24 hours a day.

There was a laptop computer on a small table across from the counter with internet access ... I tried to get online once, but had some kind of trouble and I was too busy or tire the rest of the time.

The floral arrangements were very unusual, I thought. I forgot to take a photo of the first one in the lobby, and I wish I had as I remember it being very striking (as this one is) and now can't visualize it.

• ZanieOR's Profile Photo

First rate place to stay

The Covent Gardent Hotel is in a great location on Monmouth St. near Seven Dials, and highly recommended to anyone who can afford it.
    It is just a few short blocks from several tube stations, with the closest one being Covent Garden on the Picadilly line.
    Within walking distance to SoHo, Picadilly, British Museum, etc.
    It is located in an old hospital building, easy to walk by without realizing its even there. There's also an excellent though expensive restaurant.

Unique Quality: The staff was extremely attentive, rushing to open the door on your way out and in.
    It is small but luxurious in subtle ways, with cushy beds and interesting flower arrangements in public areas.
    There was nightly turn down, and our first night they left chocolate dipped strawberries in our room.
    It was air conditioned, which we really appreciated, since it was warm to hot (up to about 28 C (in the 80s), and after a long day sight seeing it felt very good.
    A high point was the double sinked bathroom with a shower with water pressure like a message, and a deep tub in which to soak.
    There was a fitness room, an honor bar, and very elegant library and drawing room.

More about Covent Garden Hotel

Screening Room at the Covent Garden Hotel

by sue_stone

Covent Garden Hotel, a boutique Hotel in London's West End has it's own fully equipped state-of-the-art multi media screening room.

The cinema is pretty luxurious in design and has extremely comfortable leather seats

You can hire it for private screenings, or go along to some of their advertised screening nights.

We had a meal at the Hotel, and then enjoyed a screening of Gold Finger.

10 Monmouth Street London WC2H 9HB

Nearest Tube: Covent Garden

Covent Garden Hotel - Central London

by sue_stone about Brasserie Max

Brasserie Max is an elegant restaurant located in the lobby of the Covent Garden Hotel, a boutique Hotel in London's west end.

It is a popular venue for pre and post theatre dinners, and for some of the celebrities that stay at the hotel.

We had a delicious 3 course meal here one night, followed by a movie in the hotels private screening room (see tip under "Off the Beaten Track"). Can't remember exactly what we ate, but remember that it was very nice.

Service was efficent and very friendly.

A great experience.

Wonderful hotel

We had a wonderful stay at the Covent Garden Hotel. I would recommend the hotel to anyone and would stay there again myself. The location is excellent and close to numerous restaurants and shops. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The rooms were meticulous and beautifully decorated. My only complaint is that the king size bed was made up of two twin mattresses thus creating an uncomfortable ridge down the center of the bed. Otherwise, it was a perfect trip and perfect hotel.

best stay in london, thusfar!

I just returned from a week at the Covent Garden Hotel, and LOVED my stay. By the middle of the 2nd day, the staff knew both my wife and my names. ANY request was taken as a challenge, and all were met beautifully! (e.g., check into the hotel 3 hours before a Chelsea soccer match, and ask the concierge if he can get tickets - the response - "anything is possible!"). Well, we saw Chelsea play. Three cheers for Albon (the concierge). We arrived without restaurant reservations, and managed dinner at Margorres, and lunch at Gordon Ramsey! The rooms were of sufficient size, very well decorated, and the bathrooms were finished top shelf (my wife loves her baths...). We are usually Ritz travelers, but apart from the best Ritz (Half Moon Bay), the Covent Garden Hotel won us over with its personal attention, and care. You will not be disappointed...

Excellent!

by TripAdvisor Member FlyingFinn

Elegant, but cozy, luxurious but not "overdone, beautiful bathrooms, nice staff, good location, no complaints at all. But in case you favor contemporary design, this is not the place for you... Nevertheless, I will definitly go again.

Fab for Families

by TripAdvisor Member onthegogo

What a wonderful surprise this hotel was! We usually stay in luxury hotels like the Ritz and Four Seasons, but decided to give this boutique property a try just before Christmas. We held our breath as we arrived with our two young children after a long flight from the U.S. to London and from start to finish, we were nothing but impressed.

The Covent Garden is beautiful, but not stuffy. The rooms are done in a way that make you feel relaxed and comfortable. We chose "corridor" rooms, which basically were two rooms that closed off in their own little hallway. It was perfect because my husband and I could chill out while the kids were in bed in their room. All the while, we felt secure in our own little section of hallway that closed off and locked. It worked out perfectly and we both agreed it was much better than any suite/room set up we've ever had.

The food at the hotel was outstanding... try the fish and chips and if you want them to be authentic and delicious. My husband is from England and even gave them his stamp of approval. And if you're a martini drinker, do not under any circumstance miss the passion fruit martinis! To die for!!!

The staff and service were outstanding. Every request was granted and room service came quickly, even though we ordered at odd times because of the time change. The lounge area with honor bar was cozy and beautiful with a fire lit.

The kids loved it. We loved it. And it was such a nice change from larger, chain hotels. You can't go wrong with this hotel!!

Lived Up to All Expecations!

The hotel is in a great location, the room/bed was very comfortable and the shower was awesome (especially for Europe), the food was fresh and very tasty and the staff were incredibly personal and helpful. As a business traveler who spends over 100 nights per year typically in "brand" hotels like Marriott, Hyatt, Ritz Carlton, etc. - this hotel was a complete and happy surprise. If I wanted to complain, the $38 per day (20 pound per day) fee for Internet access is not competitive with other hotels, but it is what it is.

Covent Garden HotelCovent Garden Hotel

Covent Garden HotelCovent Garden Hotel

by mo_adam71

Last year when I came to London, I note a hotel near Covent Garden with very affordable rates, almost close to being a budget hotel. Stupid enough not to save it but wonder if anyone has any idea of this hotel...it was at a corner if I am not mistaken just of off Covent Garden but withing a couple of minutes of it. It is a relatively tall bulding as far as I can remember. If anybody has any idea, appreciate it.

by alucas

Was it the Regent Palace Hotel ?

It has closed now.

by paulinuk2u

park lane hilton thats tall [joke]

by mo_adam71

Ranger49 got it. Super.....thanks all.

Comments