3-4 Crestfield Street, London, WC1H 8AT, United Kingdom

Hotels.com Booking.com Agoda.com

Rated 16% higher but also costs 33% more than other 2 star hotels

• lina112's Profile Photo

Next to St Pancras International

If you are looking for a place to sleep confortable and have a showew in a tiny tiny bathroom, Crestfield hotel is the one. The hotel is very close to Kings Cross St pancras and metro station. Breakfast consist in toast, cereals, juices, coffee, tea and hot chocolate. There is a Mcdonnalds outside the hotel open early morning and close after midnight for a quick meal or if you take your netbook with you there is wifi free.

Si lo que buscas es algo barato para dormir y ducharte, el hotel crestfield lo tiene, eso si el baño es pequeño y cutre pero la cama es comoda y se duerme bien, por lo menos nosotras dormimos bien. Está situado en Crestfield street a pocos metros de la estación de metro y de tren de Kings Cross. El desayuno no es muy variado solo tienen tostadas y cereales a parte del café, té y colacao, el personal es amable y te ayudan en todo lo que pueden.

More about Crestfield Hotel

Very, very pleased

I stayed in Crestfield Hotel in April 2004 with my girlfriend. We were both very pleased with this hotel, I much more than she, because this was mit 10th visit to London and I stayed in much more expensive and worse hotels already. Crestfield Hotel ist absolutly affordable for a city hotel - I am just 18, my g/f 17 years old - superb service, clean rooms, 24f reception and is situated in a quiete small street, really just 45 secons (!) of walking till the Tube Station King Cross.
Will stay in this hotel in a few weeks again, but alone, it's a pity. My g/f has no time to come.
Anyway, Crestfield Hotel - i will visit you more than once again.

Good hotel, good location

I stayed at the Crestfield Hotel for one night in October 2004. My boyfriend and I were going to a party in Islington and just wanted something cheap and cheerful nearby.

This hotel did the job. Only a 45 second walk from St Pancras/Kings Cross station and a 15 min walk to Angel tube. Yes the room was basic and the bathroom small but then it only cost £60, which is very reasonable. Other cheaper hotels in the area had dreadful reviews on Trip Advisor.

Everything was clean and comfortable, staff polite and the 24 hr bar, outside terrace area and Jack the dog are all a fun bonus! I can't comment on the breakfast as we didn't get up in time! They were also fine with us when we confessed to breaking one of the cups in our room - no extra charges at all.

I would stay here again.

Recommended - reasonably cheap when it comes to London

by TripAdvisor Member NikantAustralia

I stayed in the Crestfield Hotel in Sept 2004 for 5 nights and had a good stay. It was reasonably priced when it comes to London Hotels. The room rate included an en suite bathroom and breakfast which was good value. The reception staff were all friendly (they seemed to work there 24 hours - like a sweat shop) and we found the Kings Cross area good in terms of cheap places to eat and it wasn't too far to get anywhere in the city.
The room was fairly basic but comfortable. The bathroom sometimes got a bit messy because the shower is on the same level as the toilet (if you know what I mean). Also - we had a few problems with water pressure (especially the cold water!). The breakfast was good - although you need to get there before closing time (they take the food away as soon as it hits closing time).
I would recommend this hotel to others who are budget-focused.

Recommendable with reasonable rates

Me and my girlfriend stayed in London for a week end of august 2004. Due to previous bad accomodation experiences in this very expensive city we didn't expect too much in advance but - surprise! The Crestfield Hotel is located very close to King's Cross tube (about 1 min walk) and if you know London, King's Cross means buses all night and quick train and tube access to every central destination.
But aside from getting around - the hotel has friendly staff although they tend to be a little stressed during breakfast. Oh, the breakfast: continental means 5 slides of toast, a cereals selection, juice, small packages od marmelade and butter and tea or coffee. So don't expect a wide range but you'll have enough to start the day. The room we had was yellow-painted twin en-suite and small with a bathroom almost as big as the bedroom. I think the hotel must have been refurbished a few years ago so the rooms were quite clean, especially the bathroom. The beds had spring mattresses which were a little uncomfortable (if you're used to a deluxe latex foam one :-) but were, as the sheets, quite clean and not smelly. As our room faced the backyard it was pretty quiet (for that location) except some kind of air conditioner machine in the opposite building, but it was silent enough to fall asleep. I can't say anything about staying in this place during hot summer months or winter but we didn't need any heating and could open the window so we felt comfortable. I chose this B&B due to research on the tripadvisor website and thanks to them we had a pleasant stay.

Cheap, clean and good location

We stayed at Crestfield for four nights in december 2004. Considering that we only payed like 45 GBP for a double with shower and wc we were surprised to find that the hotelrooms were fresh, clean and quiet. For this amount of money you usually get - as we understood it from reading reviews of other hotels - a kind of thilthy room located to a noisy street. That was not the case with Crestfield.
Another plus is that this hotel is located 50 meters from Kings Cross from where you will find a lot of metrolines.
We will stay here the next time we visit London, no doubt.

Good value, cute dog!

I thought the space was small but clean. All night bar was a plus. The staff was helpful and friendly. Quiet area too. I enjoyed myself. It was right across from the Tube. And my favorite part was their Scottish Terrier Jack. I love Jack!

Horrible

by TripAdvisor Member snoepys

this is the worst hotel ever!!!
fronzen room because of a broken window!
Very noisy because of the police station next corner and because of the saint pancras eurostar modification.
It was really really bad.
really.
I canunderstand why there are so many good reviews on this site

Great hotel in a great location

A friend of mine recommended this hotel to me because it was clean, well priced and in a great location. I stayed here with my wife and we weren't disapointed. The hotel was located about five minutes from the West End and two minutes from the Musuem. The room was a good size as was the bathroom - both were kept spotless. Breakfast was a full meal and was included in the price, which for two of us over seven days meant we saved quite a bit of money. Overall I would recommend highly.

Accomodation & Sites in London

by Rtistic

I will be taking my wife, 15 year old daughter and her boyfriend to London for the first time on the last 2 weeks in August of this year. I have had visited there when I was younger, 17 I think, am 46 now. So I don't recall where exactly we went.
All my relatives are from England. We are planning on hanging out in London for several days to see some sites and shop before travelling to Bottesford to see my Aunt and neice. and then onwards from there . .
Can anyone recommend some nice Bed & Breakfast or Inns in London that is close to most sites. Also sites that are worth checking out in the London area.
We will likely be flying from Toronto Canada into Heathrow but is not written in stone.
Any tips on flights, travel, restaurants would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Stephen Alias Rtistic

RE: Accomodation & Sites in London

by romrai

I take it you will probably be flying AC into Heathrow, but you might want to look up Canadian Affair or Zoom Air. It will probably save you big $, but flies into Gatwick. Check out Crestfield Hotel. It is about 100 yds. from Kings Cross Station. Very clean and cheap by London standards. It is a central location. Go on some of the "London Walks" tours. They cost 5.50 (pounds that is) Jack the Ripper is a favorite. It is good for a cheap evening entertainment. If you plan to go to the theatre, go to TKTS in Leister Sq. for discount tickets. You can pre-check out all of these on the internet. Get a 3 day pass for travelling around. Zone 1 & 2 will take you to most sites. You can travel above ground or underground with them. Hope this helps... have fun

RE: Accomodation & Sites in London

by Sjalen

The official London tourist site is a well of information and also has a database for good accommodation deals:

Comments