142-152 Cricklewood Broadway, Cricklewood, London, NW2 3ED, United Kingdom

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 29% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• DAO's Profile Photo

IT HAS A POOL

I really like this hotel. Its biggest selling point is that it is the only hotel in its price range in ‘central’ London with a swimming pool. They like to advertise this fact. And it is a nice pool. It also has nice rooms, nice beds, nice staff and a nice bar. The most striking thing about the hotel is the lobby. The hotel is essentially an old building – The Crown combined with a modern building with a modern glass lobby built between the 2. There are lots of chairs, large plants and lots of nice place to sit and have a drink or work in the lobby.

The bar, The Crown, is actually an old Pub. Inside you are greeted by a traditional bar and light fittings that are over 100 years old. They even have a real fireplace. When I stayed there in December there was a roaring fire going. If you want to see a well preserved traditional London Pub – you have arrived. The Crown Pub was completed in 1900 and designed by Architect Henry Rising. It has an interesting red sandstone facade and is 3 stories high. It still has most of the original featurees like moulded ceilings and etched and cut glass. They even have hand-pulled ales behind tha bar.

My room was very good. I had a large bed, it was comfortable and I had a good night’s sleep. It was modern and had all the right things from coffee/tea making facilities to reasonable toiletries. There was a good closet with a small safe, but I had to ask for an iron and ironing board. It had an old, but good desk area that also has a luggage shelf. I also had a small table a chair. The room was a reasonable size. The bathroom was very good. It had a nice square sink, reasonable bathtub, good shower, even a telephone.

The interesting part is the pool. Entry is through a large dressing room with lockers, and they do have a gym. The swimming pool area used to have a Jacuzzi as well. They still have the pool and I had a nice swim. They also have a very hot sauna as well.

I liked the Crown Moran. I had a good meal nearby, some nice drinks in the Crown Pub and a good night’s sleep. The hotel is quiet. The staff are also great and I had plenty of helpful smiles. The only drawback of the Crown Moran is that it is located 10 minutes walk from the nearest Tube station. Other than that, this is an excellent hotel.

Unique Quality:
    * A very good hotel with good beds
    * Indoor 12 meter pool and gym
    * All rooms have air conditioning
    * Traditional Pub
    * Free wifi
    * In-room tea & coffee making facilities
    * In room safe large eneough for a laptop
    * Kitchen Restaurant (Upstairs) - International cusine with an award winning Chef
    * Kitchen Restaurant (Downstairs) - very elaborate bar food
    * Business Conference facilities for 300

Directions:
    TUBE:
    Willesden Green or Kilburn (Jubilee Line)
    NATIONAL RAIL:
    Cricklewood

More about Crown Moran Hotel

HIghly Recommended!

My Husband, Mother-in-law and I just returned from staying at the Crown Moran Hotel in London for 6 nights and we had an excellent stay! The rooms were new, clean, and high quality. The service of the hotel staff and in their restaurant was wonderful. I read a review that said it was too far from the action and that is absolutely not true! The hotel is just a 10 minute walk from the Kilburn Station on the Jubilee line, which is one of the nicer Underground lines. The hotel is located in an ethnic residential neighborhood and by no means did we ever feel unsafe as the other reviewer noted. That reviewer must not be familiar with city living or travel. There is a grocery store next to the hotel and the hotel has many nice amenities. I found a very reasonable rate on Expedia and the full cooked breakfast that's included in your stay makes it a great deal. I will definitely stay there the next time I go to London.

Close to London and very quietl

by TripAdvisor Member HLL50

We stayed in London for one week at the Crown Moran Hotel. The hotel was very nice and the staff very helpful. For a Hotel in London, the room was quite big and similar in size to any superior class North American hotel. The added bonus was the swimming pool which is quite uncommon for a Hotel in London. We found the Hotel to be very close to the major tourism location in London by using the Tube (15 to 20 minutes). The breakfast which was included was quite good with a choice of buffet with fruit/ yogurt and cereal or/and typical English breakfast with the best fried black pudding I have tasted. We had supper a few nights at the Hotel and the food was very good and not to expensive especially during the week since they had a special deal. Also, adjacent to the hotel was a very nice English pub where you can eat a light lunch and drink very good English beer. Finally, the room rates were one of the lowest for the quality we were able to find on Expedia. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone planning a trip to London.

Excellent Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member palcowburn

Ive just returned from my 1st anniversary at the crown moran which i stayed at for 3 nights.We had a brilliant experience.The checkin was very quick and the staff were very helpful and friendly.The hotel is excellent value and the parking the is £20 for as long as you stay which is also good value.It is a bit out of town but just go on the 189 bus which comes every few minutes outside the hotel and it takes 20 minutes to get to oxford street.The rooms are clean and more spacious than hotels closer to the centre of london and the lobby really is beautifully decorated.Also the restaurant by the hotel is of a very good quality.I cannot recommend this hotel enough!

Superior Hotel

On reading some of your tripadvisor reviews I booked into the Crown Moran on my recent visit to London. I was delighted with my choice. The hotel is lovely, clean and modern and is only a 20 minutes from the hustle and bustle of the city centre. The bedroom accommodation was spacious, the staff were very friendly and the bar staff made you feel welcome. The experience of staying here compensated for the short time travel to the north of the city. The cost of the stay was exceptionally good value (which included breakfast) considering the more expensive city central hotels which sometimes provided a poorer service in my experience while visting London. Definitely this is a superior hotel and I have no problem in recommending it to others.

This hotel is in the middle of the slums.

by TripAdvisor Member coop_ag

The hotel itself is nice. As noted in many of the reviews, it is a little outside of London, which is okay. What is not okay is that this hotel is in a very bad part of London.

Someone in a prior review described the neighborhood as a "working class" neighborhood. I think "slum" is a more accurate description. The fact of the matter is that I did not feel safe walking down the street at night with my girlfriend.

She has relatives that live in London, and upon finding out what part of town we were in, her uncle told us to change hotels because he would not want his kids staying in that part of town. I found it ironic that on the flight home, my girlfriend was flipping through a magazine, and some celebrity being interviewed mentioned that he use to live in Cricklewood (i.e., the neighborhood where the Crown Moran in located) and how crappy it was/is.

We moved to a hotel in Swiss Cottage. I really liked it there, as you are only a few tube stops from the city center, the area is nice, and you can get out of the hustle and bustle of the city at the end of the day.

Good facilities but too far out of town

by TripAdvisor Member BonnieBunny

Stayed at the Crown Moran for a wedding anniversary weekend in June 2005. The facilities were clean and modern. The bathroom was large with a good shower and a bath. The bed was comfortable although the room was very hot and the aircon was not very effective. Opening the window let in the street noise. The area is OK but it is definitely an inner-city area. We did not feel that safe coming back late at night after the theatre although nothing happened. The main drawback is the time it takes to get to the tourist areas - factor in an average 40 mins (ie waiting for bus, bus not being full, traffic jams, connections to get to destination). Staff were polite but not very friendly or helpful (mostly Eastern European). Dinner in the restaurant was indifferent. When we stayed the hotel hosted a local wedding - it's ideal for this type of function- so bank on it being noisy on a Saturday night with people coming back late to their rooms and partying into the night. There is nothing the management can do about this since the hotel will be full and the wedding party are the big spenders. Best part is the pool although the security down in that part of the hotel is very weak (male wedding guests were wandering around in the female changing rooms) and I did not feel safe swimming alone.

Excellent hotel!

We arrived at Crown Moran in the afternoon on the 10th of december and stayed there for three nights. The room and the lobby was just like in the pictures. Lots of light, comfortable, fresh, modern and spotless clean.
Someone has remarked in his or her review that the hotel lacks atmosphere. This isn't true. But it has a more sober, classy kind of amosphere, and personally I quite enjoyed staying in a modern environment with lots of light in contrast to all the restaurants, castles and museums that we visited on this trip. In the evenings guests come and sit by the tables in the lobby and talk. It's relaxed and friendly.
The pub, The Crown, is quite popular on a Saturday night, we discovered, and quite noisy too to say the least. We were pleasantly surprised to find that none of the noisyness could be heard from our not too far away room in the inner part of the building. Not even the beat of the bass!
The bathroom was clean and the bathtub huge. It had handles in it and some kind of surfice in the bottom to keep one from slipping. I imagine that's valuably information for elderly or disabled visitors.
Visitors from Sweden will be happy to know that both bathtub/shower and sink has mixer taps (sw. "blandare") wich is otherwise rarely seen in Britain. No danger, therefore, of being scaulded in the shower!
To reach some of the most popular attractions you may take the bus all the way (the bus stop is right outside the hotel entrance) or change to the subway at Kilburn station. Yes, it will take a few minutes to reach your destination, but London is a very large city afterall, and even if you lived at Piccadilly Circus you would have to take a taxi, bus or the tube at some point. It all depends on where you're going. Some attractions, like the beautiful Kenwood House, is quite nearby actually.
Irish hot breakfast, like scrambled eggs, bacon and toast, is served at the table in the restaurant (they come and ask you what you would like) and then there is continental breakfast (cereal, yogurt, boiled eggs etc) on a buffet table. It's also possible to have breakfast served in your room for an extra change of I think it was 4 or 5 pounds. One thing I especially liked with the restaurant was that there is a window where you can look into the kitchen. I think that really shows you they have nothing to hide.
I recommend this hotel!

lovely but remote

by TripAdvisor Member highet

stayed one night early november - very nice room and bathroom - clean, tidy, well equipped - facilities excellent for price - had pool and hot tub to myself - excellent full irish breakfast - good price via hotel website - only problem is position of hotel - difficult to recommend to anyone if you plan to spend time in central london as it really is a bit far out and not situated in the nicest area - still, well worth the money if you dont mind a bit of travelling

Lovely hotel,friendly staff and great value

by TripAdvisor Member Weedinthewind

Room was big.Bed was comfy.Bathroom was clean and has a nice bath-tub.Staff was friendly.I was a bit under the weather and I slept in one day.The front desk phoned me to see if there was anything I needed.Breakfast was excellent.Having just travelled in France and tasted continental breakfast,it was really nice to have sausage and egg for a change.It came with black and white Irish pudding.I had never had them before but they were quite good.There was buffet table with juices and cereals,etc.It had a gym,a pool and a jacuzzi.Too much chlorine was put in the jacuzzi and it started foaming.London hotels are the most expensive in Europe but this hotel is reasonably priced.The trade-off may be the location.With luggage,it is impossibe to walk there from the tube.It is crucial to take the bus which stops in front of the hotel.The ride is about 15 minutes.Also,it takes about half an hour to get to downtown London on the tube.I would rather have the savings and stay at this lovely hotel.

Too far from centre of London

This hotel was very modern but it lacked any atmosphere.

The Crown pub next door serves bar food but children were not allowed in in the evening.

Food and service were average.

Would not reccomend this hotel if you are in London for a short stay. It takes too long to travel to the centre.

On plus side the bedrooms were clean and comfortable.

The Swan pub - LondonThe Swan pub - London

Museum EntranceMuseum Entrance

A central courtyardA central courtyard

fly the pink flag with pridefly the pink flag with pride

Henry VIII

by barenakedlady37

Is the Henry VIII a good hotel in a good neighborhood? We are looking at Henry VIII, Crown Moran, and Hogarth London Kensington also.

Thanks!