Crowne Plaza Heathrow

Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow
Booking.com Travelocity CrownePlaza.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 30% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• 14 CARS BROKEN INTO ON ONE NIGHT.

We were unlucky enought to leave our car at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Heathrow. It was broken ito and vandalized along with 13 others at around midnight -1am. The noise of all the car alarms and smashing glass went unoticed by the Manager on duty who, their leaflets advertise, completes security patrols both inside and outside the hotel. The hotel also boasts a comprehensive CCTV system. We were all parked in a row not far from the main entrance & reception area manned by a number of staff but the damage was "not noticed" until daylight the following morning! The hotel Managers denied all responsibiliy and still charged us for our one night stay and 3 weeks car parking. There was a considerable ammount of damage to our car alone and the insurance excess was expensive. The Managers advised us to claim on the hotel's insurance. The hotel's insurers state that "The hotel is not a secure enclosure and is not promoted as so." They deny all liability on the hotel's behalf.
    The perpetrator was caught (on our occasion) thanks to the diligence of the police, a DNA match from blood found at the scene. BUT THERE HAVE BEEN SEVERAL MORE BREAK INS SINCE OURS... BEWARE! Check out the reviews on other websites as well... I wish we had.

Directions: Fairly close to Heathrow Airport.

• Not for familys!

Booked this hotel through the legoland site as a package, as we are a family of 5 and at this hotel we could all stay together in one room. Food was very expensive, average £15 for a main course, £7 for a glass of wine! children eat free but be careful as this is in the main restraunt only! child play room was for age 3-10 and only had baby toys. We had two nights of almost constent niose as walls are paper thin. Breakfast was good and the pool lovely but really not worth going just for them! staff not at all helpful and in some cases quite rude! Was really looking forward to staying at this hotel, really wish we hadnt bothered!

• Emile72's Profile Photo

Good airport Hotel

Stayed here several times and appreciate this hotel when having to catch a morning flight from Heathrow. For 2 pounds you can take a bus to Heathrow, and takes about 5-10 minutes. Very convenient. The hotel, even in the airport area is still somehow a bit cosy.

The rooms are nice, clean, kind of English style. Nothing spectacular, but all in all, good.

The fitness room is small and gets quite busy from time to time. I have been there at time when people have asked me when I was ready on a machine so they could go. There is also a swimming pool, a good one, you can use.

The restaurant is very nice. You can book the dinner&breakfast rate on IChotelsgroup.com. You then get a 3 course dinner and breakfast. The dinners I had here all were good. The breakfast is good as well, enough choice and good quality.

• keida84's Profile Photo

Close to Heathrow Airport

This hotel is situated very close to London's Heathrow Airport. It is perfect for the traveler who might need a hotel close to the airport whether it is for arrival or departure of London. The hotel offers the Airport "Hopper" van to shuttle guests to and from the airport for 3 pounds each way. This was important to me as I was traveling alone and did not know the city and public transportation very well, besides I did not want to struggle with my luggage on and off the train.

I booked this hotel through "hotwire.com" and received an incredible price of $74 usd

The hotel has very nice rooms with robes, the standard amenities such as shampoo, bath gel and nice soaps. However, I was unable to get the "trouser press" to function and there was no iron or ironing board in the room and there was no blow dryer in the room. Room service was prompt and well prepared. Here are a few of the amenites provided:

* ATM/Cash Machine * Beauty Salon * Concierge Services* Dry Cleaning Pickup/Laundry
    * Foreign Currency Exchange * Gift Shop * On-site Guest Self-Laundry Facilities (washer/dryer)
    * Porter/Bellman * Room Service* Safety Deposit Box available at Front Desk * Secretarial Services
    * Shoe Shine * Swimming pool *high speed internet access

• Crowne Plaza Heathrow: a good start to any holiday

Lovely hotel. Pleasant staff. Great restaurants and room service. Beautifual luxury rooms. Cuddle into that complimentary bathrobe, and settle down with a burger from room service (really tasty!) and begin your holiday in relaxed style. Alternatively, check out the pool, sauna and jaccussi in the fitness block of the hotel. The pooll area is quiet and pleasant late in the evening.

Great location for early flights from Heathrow. There is a regular shuttle bus service from the hotel to all terminals. Check with hotel staff for details.

Best thing? Price! This is (obviously) an expensive hotel - but if you are prepared to book early, check out their web site for some brilliant early bird deals. We saved over £70!! They also have a lowest internet rate guarantee - no need to trawl discount hotel sites. (http://www.crowneplaza.co.uk)

Unique Quality: Such luxury! So cheap! Wow!

More about Crowne Plaza Heathrow

Best in Area

I have recently stayed at Crowne Plaza – Heathrow – although not much to look at from the outside – it’s the best around once inside.

The staff are friendly, rooms of high quality and if you book on line & get a deal – good value. Even better value if you are a Priority club member & get upgraded to a Club Room. This gives access to a private lounge with complimentary drinks, breakfast & canapés in addition to a much more comfortable room.

All the rooms are well appointed and well equipped.

The restaurants are good and the breakfasts superb.

Great value, decent rooms

by TripAdvisor Member AndyTBirmingham

We got a hotel & parking deal for £89 through holidayextras, which is cheaper than just paying for parking on its own and leads to a much more relaxed start to your holiday if you are travelling to Heathrow from a distance. Surely the parking businesses near Heathrow need to respond to these prices?! The transfer to the terminals (£3 one way, £5 return) needs to be factored in but there is still no comparison.

The rooms were clean, spacious and well-decorated for an airport hotel. We stayed at the Sheraton Skyline last year and the rooms weren't a patch on the Crowne Plaza (and more expensive).

The dining options, however, were not great, the service was terrible (my wife's meal and mine arrived with a 15 minute gap between them and my meal was cold!) and it was very expensive.

As a place to rest your head before a flight the next day and as a cheap option to park your car, you are going to struggle to do better.

Loved the Crowne Plaza

by TripAdvisor Member sophieinsf

My husband and I were thrilled with the Crowne Plaza. We arrived at around 9:30 p.m. for a one-night stay before taking a cruise. The room was very spacious by London standards and the bathroom was quite luxurious for an airport hotel. We had a drink in the pub, which was very charming. There were a few other restaurants in the hotel. We glanced at the menus but the food did not appeal to us - one was an all you can eat buffet for quite a lot of money and we just wanted a snack. The next day, we ordered room service breakfast, which was very nice but cost $55.00 for two for a continental breakfast! Still, no complaints - we were tired and were willing to pay for this convenience. We bought a round trip ticket at Heathrow for the Hoppa bus from and to the airport which worked out beautifully - we hardly had to wait at all. We will definitely stay here next time we are in the area.

I'll Be Back

by TripAdvisor Member brandished

Stayed overnight here because I was catching an early morning flight. My room was really large and so nicely decorated that I would actually like to copy this same style in my own apartment. I got an excellent room rate of £52 (prepaid and non-refundable), but beware, the hotel will charge you almost half that much in the restaurant for a meal and there is nowhere else you can go within walking distance. I made my final decision to stay here based on previous reviews which mentioned the ice machines that are available. Unfortunately, every single ice machine was not working when I arrived and I had brought my own beer to avoid having to pay the outrageous prices in the hotel bar or of the minibar in the room. But the bartender downstairs filled my ice bucket promptly and without any complaints when I asked him, so it all worked out anyway.

Impressed

by TripAdvisor Member 5401willow

Impressive hotel. Great rooms especially bathroom. Swimming pool especially sauna very much appreciated after a 3 week trip.
Breakfast buffet a little disappointing but otherwise would highly recommend.

Best hotel near Heathrow

by TripAdvisor Member Eiregirl

We just got back from a long weekend with the kids to London. You really couldn't pick a better location to stay outside of London central.

The hotel is right off the motorway into London...it took us about 35 minutes to Kensington on Monday morning. Better yet, it's strategically located close to Legoland, which was our main target on the trip.

We paid £52.00/night + VAT for the room, and it was well worth the price. The rooms are spacious by British standards and very clean (plus surprisingly quiet, given the location!) While it's true that all the additional stuff is expensive, we still paid only £340 for a four-day weekend stay; including one dinner, room service and a couple of movies. That's still far less than we have paid for a room in a lesser hotel in Kensington.

The pool was great, but the mildew smell creeps up the stairs...try to get a room closer to the central lifts! I'd also recommend avoiding the breakfast 'buffet'...£17.50 per person is ridiculous for what they're serving. There are great little breakfast places in Ascot and Windsor that charge £5.50 for the same thing.

While the service in the restaurants was slow and indifferent, the gals at the front desk are now on my Christmas card list. Our youngest son threw up all over us just prior to leaving Heathrow...Although we were due to check in at 3:00, we pleaded our case to the front desk staff at 8am and they checked us in straight away. We all smelled pretty ripe, so I'm eternally grateful for the extra consideration!

Comments