Crowne Plaza Hotel

Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing
Agoda.com IHG Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Crowne Plaza Hotel

great place to stay in london

by TripAdvisor Member johnbooth60

the hotel has been refurbished and the rooms are very quiet and fresh and spacious. the staff are all friendly and efficient and the gym is tops. we did b&b and the full english breakfast was excellent and well prepared by the brilliant chef "ali" who was always ready to help and would serve us right to the table! we could tell that the team was a happy one and ably led by the very personable "pedro" who was friendly and humerous and very attentive to detail. my wife and i would definately return to the crowne if given the opportunity. well done crowne plaza, ealing.
yours faithfully, john booth. weston-super-mare

To Far to Central London

by TripAdvisor Member Eliska_1

I picked this hotel for two reasons:

1) is was cheap

2) I travelled with two other friends and we wanted to stay in the same room, which in most hotels is a problems and here they had rooms for three.

The hotel itself is OK, nothing stunning but as most people don't spend to much time in their rooms you don't mind the green walls so much. The problem we had it took about 40 minutes to the central of London on the tube, so you really just want to leave in the morning and come back in the evening, otherwise you spend to much time travelling...

The staff wasn't very friendly, but rooms were clean. Next time I visit London I'll go for something closer to the centre.

Nice Renovations

by TripAdvisor Member CNam

Stayed last night in a renovated room. Very impressed by the renovation, it felt like an exec room or one in a Crowne Plaza rather than a standard HI room.

Staff were good, I forgot wash kit but they provided me with toothbrush and even delivered a comb to my room in the morning!!

Very handy for tube and the Central Line, definately stay again although I think the rates will be £100+ when the renovations are complete....

Fine for a business trip - no problems at all

by TripAdvisor Member Fanshaw1975backagain

The hotel has a good location just off Hangar Lane. I was staying on business - bedroom was nice and clean as well as being quiet. The bar was busy and was fine for bar snacks and a quick drink before heading back to work. Overall I would stay again.

Nice renovations

by TripAdvisor Member carolg123

I stayed in this hotel for a business trip recently, and whilst I stay away often, I dont usually feel compelled to write a review. However the room that I stayed in - only renovated the previous week apparrently - was far above the normal standard of a Holiday Inn room, the furnishings and fittings are all high quality and fitted beautifully. Lovely neutral colours with a HUGE comfortable bed., granite top in the bathroom, etc
Make sure you request a refurbed room as a colleague of mine had the older style and it was a bit shabby.
I ordered room service in the evening and a bit pricey but well cooked and tasty so I'll assume that the restaurant is worth a visit in the evening as well. I did have breakfast there the next day and again, just having been redecorated to a very high standard, the restaurant space is very nice, all black, brown and crisp white tableware - very modern.
My only complaint through my stay was the car park - nowhere near adequate for a hotel of this size or class (after renovations), and while I did appreciate the hotel staff advising that nothing of any perceived interest should be left in the car, it didnt make me feel too safe walking from the car to the hotel after dark, and they charge extra (£6.95 per day) for this.
Would I stay here again? Definitely

Refurbished and looking cute!

by TripAdvisor Member angiehug

Hotel is currently undergoing a multi million pound refurb, which will give it Crown Plaza status. I think the rooms had only been refurbed last month and they are very impressive - all shiney and new.

Decor is modern and gleams! Staff were friendly and helpful, and breakfast was lovely, plentiful and hot, especially in the newly decorated restaurant which is quite impressive for a Holiday Inn!!!

There was quite a bit of building work still going on at the hotel, and although we only stayed one night, we weren't interrupted by the work going on, but if you stayed longer there it might have got on your nerves.

My only grumble were dirty glasses for the orange juice at breakfast...

Pricey, but delivered good value - handy(ish) for Wembley

by TripAdvisor Member PoppyMadragora

Stayed here for the Foo Fighters concert at Wembley, as I'd left it too late to book cheaper/closer accommodation, so the overall cost (£120) was more than I'd been looking to pay. That said, it was easy to find, we arrived early and were booked without fuss into an alternative room as our wasn't ready.

Not reeking character, but then that's not what you expect of a Holiday Inn; they're making a great job of the refurbishments, and our room felt luxurious and spacious. Everything was extremely clean, bed/bedding was sumptuous, and of the standard you might expect of a 'boutique' hotel. Staff (including the builders!) were friendly/efficient and helpful, advising us on the most practical way to get to Wembley (not taxi - take a number 83 bus, as bus lanes are faster at high demand times). After the concert, 86,000 people flooded out in all directions and the roads were closed, buses diverted. After faffing around waiting in a bus queue for 10 minutes we made a strategic decision to start walking and were back at the hotel in 25 minutes (mind you, we did yomp!). We weren't passed by any buses and felt that this had been a good decision.

Breakfast was equally great! If only I'd been able to eat more - the spirit was willing but the flesh was weak.....

It looks as if there's some kind of health club/spa going in, so it couild be worth taking your kit. Refurbishements are, according to notices in the hotel, due to be finished by the end of June.

Looking promising when renovations done

by TripAdvisor Member Femalereviewer

Changed to here after a bad stay at the Ramada Ealing. This was a much better experience! They are at the tail end of a huge renovation project, but if you ignore the ongoing work you can see it's going to be lovely. The rooms are very swish (I've only stayed in the renovated ones). A good size and designed well. The windows don't open but the air conditioning unit works well and is unobstrusive. Lovely bathrooms. Good hairdryer. Robe and slippers. The restaurant has been modernised well and the food is good, although a little limited for the evening. The room service menu is very limited, but it mentions you can have the restaurant food as well, but no menu in the room. Gym well equipped and incredibly quiet at the moment - I'm sure that will change though once the refurb is complete.

Crowne Plaza Review

by TripAdvisor Member h0bn0b

Very good hotel with excellent and helpful staff.

The refurbishment has improved it drastically and the staff are obviously enjoying working in their new environment as they couldn't do enough for you.

Nice restaurant and bar in the basement - only negative would be that there isn't really anything decent nearby so you are forced into eating at the hotel which isn't a bad thing!! but just in case you wanted to try anything different to the usual hotel food.

Would definately stay again.

Excellent Refurbishment

by TripAdvisor Member UK_Yankee_fan

I needed to be in Central London early Sunday Morning but as it was a Bank Holiday weekend the UK rail system had decided to shutdown so I could not get in before 11am without a 2 hour delay on a 1 hour journey. I looked at the HI site for a cheap hotel and the best value was the CP Ealing which I had staid at before for 1 night so I knew it was right next door to the tube and only 30 mins from central london.
I was hoping to take advantage of a day in central london but did not feel 100% so checked in at 2.30 for a break. The room was excellent (upgraded as PC platinum) - no view from the room but this is ealing not central london. Nice size, sofa and a bed so comfortable I had a good 4 hours sleep and felt much better for a few hours out in the evening.

Only had b/fast in the restaurant but this was very good with exteremely friendly staff.

This is not a cental london hotel - dont stay here if you want to wake up to see Tower Bridge. However, if you want luxury on a budget and are prepared for a 20/30 min tube journey to the sites then would reccomend with out hesitation.

Liberty Bounds pub - LondonLiberty Bounds pub - London

SignageSignage

A plainer version of Versailles' Hall of mirrors?A plainer version of Versailles' Hall of mirrors?

tasty and expeditioustasty and expeditious

london pass

by kaminisb

can you guide me that is london pass is worth buying for sightseeing or oyster card would be good buy for travel?

by rexvaughan

The London pass can be purchased with or without the travel option. They are not cheap but could save you money depending on how much you plan to travel and see. Check out their options at:

by Dabs

You really have to do the math on the London Pass, it's expensive but if you plan on seeing a lot you can save money.

The Oyster card is just a plastic card that you can use for transport. It saves 50p a day over the price of a daily travelcard, some people find it's not worth the hassle to get it to save 50p a day, you have to put a deposit down and then get it back at the end (might still be waived for the 7 day). You can put a 7 day travelcard onto an Oyster or you can use it pay as you go, it caps out at 50p less than a daily travelcard and you can put more money on it at any tube station.

london pass

by kaminisb

as i am traveling with my two sons who are below 10 yrs and staying fo r7 days , oyster card won't be cheaper than london pass

by Dabs

I traveled with my niece and nephew last summer, as long as I had a valid travel card, I could get them a daily travel card for £1, it was good on buses all the time, on the tube after 9:30am during the week, all day on the weekends. You can purchase the night before if you don't want to stand in line in the morning but make sure you tell them its for the next day.

This website says kids under 11 are free off peak

I got a paper travelcard at one of the rail stations (Paddington, Victoria, Kings Cross etc) so I could take advantage of the 2 for 1 offers at the Tower of London, London Dungeons, etc. If you get the 7 day travelcard put onto an Oyster at a tube station, technically you can't use those offers.

by lovetravel01

I bought the London Pass with the travel and it made my life easy in London. It All depends on how much you are going to see to save. You can buy it for a specific number of days. You don't have to worry about money and you go travel as much as you want with it. I kept getting confused on which station I had to get on or off but it didn't matter because all the travel on the tube is free. If you plan on going to the attrations that are on it, it's worth it.

Comments