Fieldhouse Lane, Marlow, Buckinghamshire, SL7 1GJ, United Kingdom

Costs 25% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow

Love this modern hotel

by TripAdvisor Member MrsS2BEngland

We've stayed at this hotel 4 times now over the past few years. Marlow is a lovely town and close to Henley.

The hotel itself is wonderful, we always book in advance and get a King bed executive club room. Which includes use of the Club lounge (free wine and beer in the club lounge). The rooms are large, very clean and comfortable. The bed is huge with lovely pillows and quilts. The bathroom is huge with a large shower and separate deep bath.

The spa is brilliant, treatments get booked up quickly so it's worth booking in advance. The pool area is really nice with a hot tub outside the sauna and steam rooms, aerobics studio, gymnasium which is a good size and modern equipment.

The bar on a Friday night has a DJ, although the music was a little on cheezy side everyone was up and dancing and seemed to have a good time. The food in the restuarant is pricey but lovely all the same.

I never get tired of staying here !

Lots of groups!

by TripAdvisor Member ehzoyzdcr

As the weather was going to be constant rain, we looked for a hotel with indoor facilities so that we could enjoy our stay even if we couldn't go outdoors. We were not disapppointed.

The hotel is in the middle of nowhere which we expected.

It is very modern so if you are after a hotel with character, this isn't it. There is a large bar and restaurant, great swimming pool and gym complex and the garden overlooking the lake looked nice but it was too wet to venture out. The room was great with a really smart bathroom with separate shower as well as bath. The films were cheap and started on demand, not on a timetable so my daughter was really chuffed to be able to watch Charlotte's Web - there was a good choice of childrens' films as well as adults.

We enjoyed swimming, the jacuzzi and the gym. The facilities were modern and clean and the staff very friendly.

The bar had a lively atmosphere. The restaurant food was good although there were lots of groups in the hotel - the Scotland B rugby team, a children's team of some kind with all their siblings and parents and numerous hen/stag type groups. So sections of the restaurant were partioned off and made into buffets for the various groups so the atmosphere was rather like a canteen than a restaurant - picture the dining hall of a 4* hotel in Spain and you get the picture. Not at all the atmosphere for a romantic meal but as we had children with us that was fine.

We paid £139 for 3 of us for dinner bed and breakfast. Instead of getting the Table d'Hote menu we were given a £25 allowance towards food each for the 2 adults and the child could eat free from the children's menu.

We visited Henley and can really recommend the Riverside and Rowing Museum which sounds boring but was really interesting. Our daughter loved all the interactive rowing exhibits as well as the Wind in the Willows section. And the cafe at the museum is excellent!

We didn't see much of Marlow because of the weather but there were some lovely independent shops, not least 6 for childrenswear/shoes which are so rare these days.

All in all we were very pleased with our choice of hotel.

Very relaxing break

by TripAdvisor Member KingsMan

We have just returned from a weekend break at Crowne Plaza in Marlow.After driving through an industrial estate to get to the hotel-which is clearly signposted thankfully,we had to park some distance away from the main entrance.There is a huge car park though which helps.The reception area is very cold and unwelcoming,unlike the staff though which is the main thing.The room,leisure facilities,service and hotel itself are first class though,especially the conservatory area of the restaurant,which looks out at lovely greenery and the lake.Plenty of rabbits tosee too for the young ones.The hotel is very child/baby friendly which was very beneficial to us.Would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a relaxing break.You must try the outdoor hot-tub,we did in the torrential rain!

Don't be put off by the approach.... lovely hotel

by TripAdvisor Member fridayfeeling

We booked a two night last minute stay with laterooms.com and got a great deal that included breakfast.
We arrived on Friday evening and reception was very quiet. We were soon checked in and on our way to room 202 on the 2nd floor.
The room was spacious, with a huge bed, desk, comfy chair. We had a view over the main entrance and water feature.
The bathroom was big with a bath and separate shower.
All very tastefully decorated and clean.

We ate at 'Glaze' that evening. The food was excellent and the staff very attentive.
There is a disco in the bar on Friday nights and I wish we had asked for a room away from the main entrance as we were kept awake by people shouting, screeching tyres etc well into the night. This wasn't a problem on the Saturday night, despite a wedding party.

Breakfast was excellent, lots of choice - fresh fruits, breads, cereals, egg, bacon sausages etc, tea, coffee. It was busy but we had no problem being seated or getting our food.

The gardens and lake behind the hotel are nice, we enjoyed a drink overlooking the lake.
We didn't get round to trying out the pool but it looked nice, not too busy and there were sunbeds outside plus a jacuzzi !

The hotel is on the outskirts of Marlow. If you exit through the small gate on the left at the back of the car park and follow the river you can wind your way into Marlow in about 30-45 mins. A lovely walk on a sunny day !

Love it!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Grumpy_Housewife

I have stayed at this hotel several times and it keeps me coming back! It is very modern, which makes a change from the many dated chintz type. I have stayed in a suites, club and standard rooms which is absolutely first class and very roomy (Although the DVD player swallowed my DVD, which im yet to get back!) The food is superb, many be a little pricey but worth it. I booked a massage for my mum, as on of the stays was birthday treat for her, this was absolutely fantastic and highly recommended, she was also give some handy tips whilst there by the beauticians. The pool area is of a high class and to top it off it has an outdoor wooden hot tub. Nothing better for nursing a hangover. It is not too pricey and have some great deals. The only problem is that it is tucked away in the back of a trading estate and you may need to arrange taxis if you intending on going out. But once your there you wont want to leave. Also Bar Agua turns into a disco on a Friday night. Highly recommended! 

Just about Perfect!

by TripAdvisor Member Cookiedoodle

My head office is in High Wycombe and I have stayed in quite a few hotels in the area, but my first choice is always the Crowne Plaza - Why?
The staff are friendly and curteous and will bend over backwards if you have a problem. I usually have a hand-written note from the manager in my room welcoming me back - it's a nice touch...
The hotel is clean and modern - it feels special to stay there. If you like chintz and cosiness you won't find it here. Some people might describe the hotel as stark, but there are no strange smells, cobwebs or strange ornaments in Reception or the rooms, just clean, modern design.
The rooms are impressive, large comfy beds, large desk area and gorgeous bathrooms. Its lovely to have a separate (powerful) shower and big bath. The suites are beautiful - I'm sometimes lucky enough to be upgraded, and I am always impressed. You get an extra sitting room with a flat screen and Bose sound system, a dining table, a coffee maker, and Molten Brown smellies. I keep my fingers crossed every time I check-in that they have an upgrade available!
Room service is ok - a bit pricy, but it always arrives when they say it will, and the food is always hot and tasty (The Crowne Burger is lush!). I've had mixed service in the restaurant, ranging from over-attentive to very slooow. The food is always tasty and well-presented though.
The bar area is large, with comfy sofas and a bar menu if you don't fancy the restaurant. It can get quite noisy if they have sport on the big screen, but if you move further towards the back of the bar into the conservatory area, or outside, you can escape the noise. In the summer it's lovely to sit outside with a view to the lake and watch water-skiiers fall off.
The health and fitness facilities are great. The indoor pool is lovely, although some people may find it a little dark, but I think it adds to the tranquil nature. I have swum in the pool in the early morning and watched rabbits wandering around the bushes outside. There is a lovely deep wooden hot-tub outside, which is great for steaming away the day!
My only regret is that I go there for business, so my partner never gets to experience how lovely it is!

Location 5/10 Quality 9/10

by TripAdvisor Member LondonTravels

The big downside of this hotel is the location - walking distance from nowhere and set off a business / industrial park.

Once you've got over the location and the unexciting exterior the hotel itself is good quality. With well maintained, spacious, modern rooms, good food and quality facilities.

Personally I didn't get on with the soft mattress and spongy duvet ... maybe that was just me ...

Lovely hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ultrak3wl

I was at this hotel for a two-day event in one of its meeting rooms and also stayed overnight. Yes the approach by car from the M4 takes you through a grim industrial area but get past that and it's roses all the way.

The hotel does not look exceptional from the exterior but once inside I think most people would appreciate the clean open environment. It does remind you of an upmarket art gallery in fact! The view over a lake from the rear windows is pretty impressive as well. No noise, no fuss, smooth ride all the way.

As in most other reviews I found that the staff are very attentive and helpful. Health club is great. Room very comfortable. I've run out of superlatives but the bottom line is "stay here if you can."

Clean, spacious and modern

by TripAdvisor Member alderneyLondon

I stayed here on the weekend and can agree with the other reviews that once you've found your way through the rather grim industrial estate the setting vastly improves with landscaped gardens and water features. The hotel reminds me more of a US style Motel from the outside but once you're inside the first impression is one of space and spotless cleanliness.
The fact that the hotel is a new build and only 3 years old means that rooms are spacious and the bathrooms clean and modern with separate bath and shower.
I'm not sure whether i was just unlucky, but there was no remote control in my room and the tv had no manual controls so i had to wait about an hour before one was brought up; and the temperature control on the shower was stuck on a scolding 45 degrees so i had to use my friend's shower in the morning. You don't expect such oversights with a Crowne Plaza hence my giving it 4 stars rather than 5.
Free newspapers in the Foyer is a nice touch and the Aqua Bar is comfy with a nice vibe.
Breakfast is a bit over-priced at £15.95 but i wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to others.

Ultra Modern Hotel - Cool

by TripAdvisor Member Michael647

I am a regular business traveller and stayed here in 2007. First of all - the staff were great - they washed and ironed me a shirt for the next day even though the laundry was closed and I arrived at 2am.

Next, the rooms were very cool, very new and the restaurant and bar area were beautiful and served great food and drinks. I stayed for about two weeks and noticed that the bar could attract local idiots on a Friday and Saturday but I guess you get that everywhere.

I'd highly recommend this Crowne Plaza (never stay at the one in Birmingham) but only if you have access to a car. There is nothing within walking distance.

The Admiralty Arch - LondonThe Admiralty Arch - London

ExteriorExterior

Bridge to the PalaceBridge to the Palace

The norm: jeans, t-shirts and light jacketsThe norm: jeans, t-shirts and light jackets

St. James Park Tube - Broadwalk Cafe

by MaryLykes

This restaurant was reputed to have a good full breakfast for 6 Pounds. Does it still exist and, if so, exactly where is it located? Any other suggestions to avoid hotel breakfast price extortion would be appreciated.

Re: St. James Park Tube - Broadwalk Cafe

by Dabs

I found a good full English breakfast at Cafe in the Crypt at St. Martin's in the Field, Trafalgar Square. I'm sure there are dozens of places that have something similar.

Re: St. James Park Tube - Broadwalk Cafe

by leics

As noted above, you will find hundreds of places in London (and elsewhere) offering 'full English breakfasts' for 6GBP (or or less).

It's actually quite a difficult meal to make a mess of, so I suggest you just try out whatever places are nearest to your hotel.

Comments