Crystal Hotel

Expedia.com Agoda.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about London

Exterior (1)Exterior (1)

3 murders and more to come ...3 murders and more to come ...

Orderly boy by Donato Baraglia of MilanOrderly boy by Donato Baraglia of Milan

Royal Naval AcademyRoyal Naval Academy

hotel booking engines

by ainshine

looking for a hotel in South Kensington London for 1 night in September.
there are so many to choose from hoping you can help me find the best available rate on hotels in the uk which site that usually offer great deals last minute hotel bookings . Am after a 4 start hotel for one night between flights, will be a solo traveller.

by Fun4Two

Try www.Hotels-Europe.com or www.EasytoBook. com
We used both to book for an upcoming vacation. I like the first the best. You choose the country, then the city, and then the hotels are listed by the number of stars

by wise23girl

We stay at the Thistle. I am not sure though if this is quite in the location you want.We ask for view of park.

Thistle Kensington Gardens Bayswater London
08703339102 www.thistlehotels.com
kensingtongardens@thistle.co.uk

Anyway checkout the website.

by hawkhead

www.laterooms.com
www.lastminute.com
www.booking.com
www.alpharooms,com

by Dabs

I always bid on Priceline, my most recent bid was $75US for a 4 star in Kensington in May 2009. Non refundable, non cancellable, blind bidding.

thanks all .
Dabs, I have had a look at price line but not sure how it works. So you just give a price for a area and they find the hotel with the star rating right? Do they tell you what hotel before they take the payment? I notice I have to give c/c number first was a little concerned that I would need up some where I don’t want to be. What happens if bib is to low are you just told to increase bid

by Dabs

A really good resource for Priceline is www.biddingfortravel.com. I look there 1st before bidding to get an idea of what people are bidding and what hotels they are getting in what * categories. I usually bid 4* in Kensington and start slightly below what people have recently received in that area, I'll then add whatever other zones are acceptable, Mayfair for example, and raise the price slightly. There's also a hotel list that more or less includes the possible hotels you can get in each zone although every so often a new one pops up.

You do not know what hotel until after they've accepted your bid (blind bidding). You also don't know what hotels are going for, it's sort of a guessing game but BFT takes a lot of the guess work out of it.

If the bid is too low, you can change several things-dates, star level or add a zone. If you don't want to do any of that, you can rebid every 24 hours.

Once your bid is accepted, it is non refundable and non cancellable. I've saved a boatload of money by using Priceline, it's a bit nerve racking the 1st time you use it but I've used it probably 20+ times in London, LA, etc and have never received an unacceptable hotel. And knock wood, I've never had to cancel but if I did I know I'm out the money.

cheers Dabs very helpful

by gedebage

Hi, I find the best website for hotels is: www.hotelscombined .com as they search all the hotel search engines which saves you a lot of surfing and you will get the best deal. Hope this helps.

by petalm

I always use Agoda.com - good prices.

Travel Tips for London

Take a day to go walk the city...

by JJohnson

Take a day to go walk the city streets by yourself. It is nice to go at your own pace, see what you want, and discover things all on your own. Then take your friends or family back to your favorite spots! Some of mine are the market area at Covent Garden, Niel's Court, Carnaby Street, Spitalfields Market and Regent's Park. Hmm. I don't know if it is fond...but it's funny!! I went to see a jazz show at the Barbican and left a bit early. There are so many signs to follow and stairs to climb and walkways to go down, that I thought I should get out in the open to get a better view of which way the tube station might be. I looked down some steps and saw an empty fountain area, and then a level below the fountain. Always looking for the shortest way, I hopped down into the fountain area and then jumped down to the next level. Turns out that the next level was not the ground, but frozen solid ice. I went smashing through up to my navel. As I was climbing out I saw three people with stunned looks asking if I was ok. How do you make it seem like you actually MEANT to jump into a frozen pool of water?!

about tourist attractions

by alycat

There is usually a very long queue for tickets for the different museums n theaters, the best way to beat them all would be to buy tickets from other authorised outlets rather than quiing up outside. Get out of Tower Hill station and walk the ramp that takes u to the Tower Bridge u will find a souviner shop which sells tickets n passes to tourist attractions all over London. Saves time

Lincoln's Inn

by yooperprof

You won't find luxury accomodations at Lincoln's Inn - unless you are in the Bar! London has four "Inns of Court" - the others being Inner Temple, Middle Temple, and Gray's Inn. All are "great and good" medieval establishments for the study and practice of the Common Law. Lincoln's Inn is the largest and the best preserved, having escaped World War II without major damage. It's a place to feel connected with the past and with the generations of lawyers and legal scholars who have lived and worked in its buildings.

Lincoln's Inn Fields is the largest public square in Central London. Many historic and interesting houses are here, including Sir John Soane's Museum. There used to be the most amazing collection of tall plane trees in the square, but many of them were toppled during the Hurricane of 1987.

Drive on the Right

by grandmaR

Our Big Bus tour guide told us that this small dead end street in front of the Savoy Theatre and Hotel is the only place in London where traffic keeps to the right, rather than on the left. And when we came a little early for "The Mikado", we could see that the cars and taxis were indeed driving on the right.

The story goes that the ladies did not want to get out and have to walk across the muddy street, so the vehicles pulled over to the side where the theatre was to let them out, and the theatre was on the right side of the street. So traffic stays to the right, and goes around in front of the hotel and then continues on the right out into London traffic which is all driving on the left.

The British political system...

by feline01

The British political system may not be to everyone's liking but they do seem quite polite. I wrote to them years ago regarding potentials for an American to obtain a British work visa. If such an inquiry was sent to a US political leader, it would have been trashed.

Comments