Days Inn Westminster

Hotels.com Orbitz.com Priceline.com

Rated 14% higher but also costs 57% more than other 3 star hotels

More about Days Inn Westminster

Definitely a 3 star hotel

Days Inn Westminster has a pretty good location (in between Pimlico and Victoria stations) and some charm, but this is definitely a 3 star hotel. The rooms were old and not updated, but they were CLEAN. I wouldn't pay over $120 a night for this hotel.

Not bad, good price!

This was just a one night stay & not a bad one! We payed only £70 which between 2 of us was a great deal & it included full breakfast!
It wasn't as nice as the pictures shown on the website but it wasn't awful. At first we thought the room allocated to us was pretty bad - small & a bit shabby. Anyone larger than a UK size 12 didn't have a hope of fitting in our bathroom! But I think the small size of our room was particularly because I had requested a 'quiet' room as it was very out of the way also. If you don't do this you should be fine!
It was one of the best nights sleep I have had in a hotel & the bed was extremely comfortable! If I needed a cheap one night stay in this area again I would most definately consider this hotel!

Ants in the pastry

by TripAdvisor Member SUNNIE8

We stayed there 5/04. We made coffee one night to go with drinks we had brought up from the bar and the dirty glasses and cups stayed there for four days! The coffee and creamer were replenished but the dirty dishes were left. I even put some trash in the cups so that they would realize they were dirty and the trash was taken out, but the dirty cups still remained! One morning we unfortunately decided to eat breakfast in the hotel restaurant. My husband took a bite out of the pastry and ants came tumbling out! Icky! When we said something to the waitress, without a word she wisked the plate away and we waited...and waited...and waited and no one came back to apologize, offer us a refund or anything. The hotel manager was not there at that time and we were going to say something before we checked out the following morning. Our transportation to the airport arrived a half hour early...another hotel error as they had arranged the transportation, so we did not have a chance to speak to the manager. When we returned to the U. S. I contacted the Days Inn Corporation and they said there was nothing they could do as this property was independently owned! It was a horrible experience! The only good thing was the location. An easy walk to the tube and some nice small restaurants in the area. Would NEVER go back!

Outstanding Location

by TripAdvisor Member nicandcait

We stayed at The Days Inn Westminister from March 6 to March 9, 2005. The room was not large but was comfortable for three people. The front desk staff was helpful. The housekeeping staff was excellent.The location was outstanding, a short walk to Victoria Station, Buckingham Palace, Westminister Cathedral, Big Ben and many other major sights. There is a grocery store a few blocks away and many restaurants in the area. I would stay there again.

Clean, Good Location

We got a good deal on this hotel through an expedia package (March 17-23, 2005). The expedia photos are an accurate representation. The rooms are typically European tourist class, very small, as we expected from past experience. However, the room and bedsheets were very clean as was the bathroom. We probably got the worst room in the hotel--- ground floor, facing street; probably as a result of the great deal we got from expedia. I believe this was the only room like this, so odds are you won't get the same room. No airconditioning so do not book for summer months. Street is rather quiet so you can open windows without too much noise. Ten minute walk from Victoria Station, five minutes from Pimlico Tube Station. Did not use hotel restaurant. Staff OK. Fixed plugged shower drain next day.

by TripAdvisor Member mattomalley71

Good location. Somewhat helpful staff. Small. Unimpressive.

I was irritated by 2 things:

They gave us a room that had 2 single beds. I asked why, because my hotels reservation says "double". They claim they have the option...of course they do. They can charge someone else more money for the double so they hang on to it.

They would not cash our American Express Travelers checks that were in British Pounds. You would think that your hotel, at a minimum, would provide this service. (do not bring travelers checks - NO ONE takes them - unless you want to pay an 8% fee)

My wife and I are the furthest thing from snobs but we do expect some service and one double bed if we are paying over $200 per night(110GBP).

Good:
Housekeeping was great, bathroom was nice, room was adequate.

Unknown:
After reading the story about the ants(previous review) I emailed Days Inn Belgrave Road for an explanation. They did not respond. We did not eat at the restaurant.

We're pretty positive people and did not spend much time in the room because there is lots to do in London, but I would recommend looking at other hotels on this street. There are an enormous number of places to stay on Belgrave Road and I have to believe you can find a better deal and keep the great location. If you end up here, you'll be fine, and have a great time!

Good location, OK hotel

by TripAdvisor Member gails09

Stayed in "family room" - 1 double, 1 twin bed for 5 night stay with one teenager, one adult, one grandmother. Hotel was convenient to Tube, and about a half mile from Victoria Station complex. Room was small by US standards, but larger than many European hotel rooms. Bathroom small. Everything worked. Not immediately close to any tourist sites. 3 small restaurants within walking distance. No real restaurant at hotel, but offered Continental breakfast which was awful. Good for less expensive lodging option in very expensive city, but certainly no special amenities. If you want to do something other than merely have a room to sleep in, stay someplace else.

You get less than what you paid for

by TripAdvisor Member Platna

This hotel, which was converted from old houses sits in a location with a lot of other (cheaper) small hotels. "Westminster" is a stretch. The actual station for it is Victoria and then it's a 10-minute walk down a straight road. The hotels and hotels are full of teenagers coming back late at night drunk and causing scenes sometimes. The rooms are extremely tiny with some windows facing nothing in the back and no air. The TV has limited channels, less than one would expect. Cleanliness is OK. The elevator is too small. The breakfast is nothign special yet relatively expensive. The staff is somewhat curtious for the most part except the night manager. Has a compauter downstairs for internet access - a pound every 10 minutes. I would not stay here again - for the price you can find better accomodations.

Nice but too small

-Good location. In walking distance to many sites.
- On a street with many hotels, including some US chains.
- Has a small convenient store in one block, has a big food supermarket in about 5 blocks.
- Many restaurants in about 6 blocks.
- No refrig in the room, have to buy milk for baby several times everyday.
- My double room is very small/tiny.
- Clean, very.
- Bathroom new, and clean, but smells bad without a fan.
- Breakfast is &6.95, just normal.
- No pay phone in the building.
- Internet access is expensive.

Ideal for short stay

This hotel is in a perfect position for seeing the main tourist attractions in London and for connection by coach or rail to Gatwick airport. Our room was very small but was very clean and quiet. We stayed three days and spent little time in the room so space was of little significance. The bed was not very comfortable but the shower was excellent. The staff were very pleasant and helpful.
Our stay included continental breakfast which was perfectly adequate.
It is not surprizing that hotels such as the Days Inn in this part of London are a little expensive. My wife and I are "reasonably" fit so we were able to walk comfortably to Westminster in a southerly direction and to Hyde Park in the opposite direction. I assume travel costs from more remote accomodation to the main sights would add to the cost of a cheaper hotel.
We would have no hesitation in staying at the Days Inn hotel again.

Town of Ramsgate pub - OffersTown of Ramsgate pub - Offers

ExteriorExterior

JumpingMMAHESH100, London, 2010JumpingMMAHESH100, London, 2010

Kenwood HouseKenwood House

days inn westminster /london marathon

by ladibird

HI
has any one stayed at this hotel and does any one know if it will be falrly near to the finish of the London marathon?
i will be grateful of any advise,
thanks

London hotel

by ladibird

Hi
seen a hotel days inn westminster , in Victoria
does any one know of this hotel and would it be a good location for me doing the London marathon ,it is just that i have found a reasonable rate and would like to book it as soon as possible.
I did the marthon 2 years ago and found it impossible to get a taxi back to the hotel in marble arch, the tube was down due to fire on line and i got on the wrong bus ! not very good after running 26 miles!

Thanksd= for any help

Nearest Tube Station

by lennyj

I am travelling to London in the last week of December and am staying at the Days Inn Westminster at 80-86 Belgrave Road. Could anybody tell me what is the closest Underground station to that place ;of Accomodation. Thanks!!!

Re: Nearest Tube Station

by ratherton

According to www.multimap.com, the nearest tube stop is Vauxhall. According to the map, it is also a mainline railway station.

If you are flying into London Gatwick, you may be able to get a direct train to Vauxhall from Gatwick airport.

by robine

If you have the postcode you can get a map of the area at www.streetmap.co.uk.

by robine

Nearest tube station looks to me to be Victoria.

Re: Nearest Tube Station

by chrishc

Nearest station IS Pimlico about 300 yards from your hotel, Victoria (Gatwick Express runs into this station also) is next about 1000 yards but connections (tube and mainline) from this station are better.

Another mapping site is multimap.

by chrishc

Sorry Rob, you mentioned multimap.

Postcode of hotel SW1V 2BJ.

By the way it is not a bad area!

Comments