150 Bayswater Road, London, W2 4RT, United Kingdom

Agoda.com Orbitz.com Priceline.com

Costs 30% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• SassyMcPeaches's Profile Photo

Comfortable budget option

I've also stayed twice at this typically comfortable midline London hotel. It’s comfy, quiet and clean. The full English breakfast included with most rooms is rather decent compared to some. It hosts lots of groups so it can be busy for such a small hotel, but it’s still generally quiet. An entrance to Kensington Gardens is right across the street.

• colin_bramso's Profile Photo

Good hotel in good location

We stayed here for two nights on our last trip to the UK, in a standard double room.

The room was a good size, clean and well serviced, with all the usual amenities, and for London the rate is very reasonable. The hotel is not spectacular but I can recommend it.

Unique Quality: The main advantage of the hotel is its location. A short stroll to two Tube stations, to Kensington High Street, to Queensway and across the road from Hyde Park. Plenty of small shops, cafes and restaurants are within very easy walking distance.

Directions: On the main Bayswater Road at the western edge of Hyde Park, just to the west of Queensway Underground Station.

• StublueKPL's Profile Photo

A good base

Stayed here for a weekend and had a great stay. Service couldn't be faulted and the staff were more than helpful.

I would recommend this hotel as its a good base for seeing London. You are only a few minutes away from the Tube and obviously from there you can go pretty much anywhere in London.

I also got a good deal for a weekend stay (around £80 per room/per night) which is good for this class of hotel in London. - (walk up rate is around £160 per night midweek)

Unique Quality: Hotel is set in a nice area just across from Hyde Park.

More about Ramada Hyde Park

Adequate for a single traveller

by TripAdvisor Member JRM79

Stayed in the Ramada Hyde Park for 2 nights in December. The location was pretty good, plenty of bus routes right outside and quite near three tube stations (although Queensway is currently closed). I walked from Paddington Station, which took about 25 mins, not too bad really.
I had a single room, which I found quite small. This doesn't really bother me, except the use of the space was not terrific - there was a bit of 'dead' space which made the room feel a tad claustrophobic.
The bathroom was adequate, but the shower was pretty bad. I had to let it run for about 5 mins to get any warmth in the water, and then it was only about lukewarm. Not a great welcome to the London Winter!
Breakfast was quite good, with plenty of choice of both cold and hot foods. Try and get there earlier though, as I had to wait in a line for a table on both mornings.

Great Location, Value for Money!

My sister and I stayed at the Ramada Hyde Park for 4 nights at the end of February 2006. This was probably the hotel with the best value for money that we stayed in during our whole 4 week trip of the UK/Paris. We had a twin room which was pleanty big enough for the two of us and our bags, with an entry foyer with fridge, kettle, coat rack, iron etc and then the rest of the room with two single beds. The bathroom was a little small but definatley no complaints- the water was hot and the shower worked fine. Oh and for the ladies there are mirrors everywhere! Our room ended up facing the side street so we had no complaints about noise at all and the lifts were working everyday of our stay! The room was clean and had a homely feel to it. The breakfast was fantastic- also probably the best of our four week trip with hot and cold meals, cereal, toast, juice, tea, coffee etc.

The hotel is about a 20min walk from Oxford Circus/ Central London and we used Notting Hill Gate tube which is only 5mins walk as Bayswater was still closed. Also a few tube lines run through that station. We ended up with a "free night" deal and so the price we paid for this hotel was unbelievealy cheap considering the location and quality. Could not pick a fault with the place for the price- it surpassed our expectations. We would definatley stay there again and have already reccomeded it to our family and friends.

Good location, clean & comfortable rooms.

by TripAdvisor Member musy

I stayed at this hotel during a weekend break in London for my Fiance's birthday. The location was great, it's easy to reach all the major tourist attractions & Queensway tube station is literally two minutes away. Staff were courtious. Although the public areas needed a little renovation the room was a nice size, tastefully & comfortably furnished & very clean. We got breakfast as part of our package (this was lucky because it costs around £12 extra if you have a room only rate) and it was the best buffet breakfast I have ever had. Everything you could want, hot & cold & extremely tasty - filled me up for the rest of the morning & after lunch. I wouldn't hesitate to go back as I can't say a bad thing about this place.

If it weren't for the noise............

by TripAdvisor Member iggiesue

The hotel rooms are the roomiest I've stayed at in London. Plenty of space to move around and store my two suitcases. Beds were fairly comfortable and I had pleny of pillows.

The bathroom was also roomy and I loved the water pressure in the shower. The hair dryers are also some of the best I've seen in hotel rooms.

The breakfast is quite tasty--the eggs are cooked without too much grease. They also have a variety of options hot and cold.

The staff is courteous and friendly--but the car company they booked to take me to the airport wanted more money than they told the hotel they would charge me, and of course they don't tell me this until I'm at the airport. I feel as though it was a case of highway robbery--although I'm not sure who was doing the robbing. Next time I'll just arrange my own transportation.

Now for the noise. Room 319--which is not directly facing Bayswater Road lets in a lot of traffic noise. In fact that room was never quiet. I didn't ask to change rooms because they were also working on one of the lifts, which was in another part of the hotel, so if I'd moved I would have heard that noise. I just bought ear plugs.

I'd stay at this hotel again only if I got a great deal because I like to try and stay in different areas of London when I go. This is more than a decent hotel if you get a good deal. And I imagine as soon as they are done with the lift repairs there will be a lot less noise.

excellent location

by TripAdvisor Member OD

The name is confusing. It is not on Hyde Park but rather across the street (Bayswater) from Kensington Gardens. My husband and I went with a one week Monograms Globus tour, which is a air-hotel-breakfast package with a half-day tour of the city included, and some discount coupons for the attractions. Also included is a courtesy bus to and from the hotel. The Globus desk in the lobby was a great source of information and help, and we had no trouble getting to see the things we wanted to.

It is in a rather tony neighbourhood which was quite nice. Notting Hill Gate was the tube station we used. There is a tube station, Queensway, closer to the hotel but it is closed for renovations. One lady arrived very irate because she didn't know to get off at Notting Hill Gate and had to drag her luggage for blocks. So don't make that mistake.

The guests seemed to be made up half with tour groups and half private individuals.

We stayed here for 6 nights over New Years and found our room was satisfactory. The beds were fine, the room was a bit dated but O.K. The hot and cold breakfast was fine, although always the same. Our room was quiet because we had requested a room on the side street after reading advice from other tripadvisors, and we had a good sleep.

We had two complaints. One was that since we were staying several days the cleaning staff didn't seem to think it necessary to mop our bathroom floor, or vacuum. The other was the elevators. When we arrived one was out of service being replaced. After the second day, the other elevator broke down. I think the staff should have been willing to let guests use the service elevator in the back. There was much complaining by the guests about having to climb all the stairs. Some people had to go to the 7th floor!

very good and very bad

by TripAdvisor Member BtedTorontoCanada

Great location and not noisy if you are on the sidestreet. Hotel staff very helpful and friendly. Good breakfast and oodles of good restaurants of every type within walking distance. Great place to start your city walks from. Bathroom immaculate. Room clean and functional. BUT....The elevators simply refused to work most of the time, although we got lucky and luggaged in and out on them. The bar is adjacent to the lobby and you must go through it to get to the restaurant. The smoke was so overwhelming you won't stay in the lobby for long and the bar is deadly. When you go for breakfast, don't sit at the end near the bar or the morning addicts will take your air over. Overall we would go back

Good choice and location

We read previously posted reviews to know what to expect, so requested room that did not face Bayswater Road. Room was more than adequate, very clean. Our plan provided free breakfast, which was excellent. The location was ideal - busses stop steps from the entrance and there is a wide variety of restaurants nearby. Best of all - the elevators were working perfectly (although I'd like to eliminate the male voice advising you that "door is closing" which got really annoying). Staff was very pleasant and accommodating.

London Hotel

by SharonSlickis

Would like to be centrally located to all
the sites. Travel agent states nicer hotels
start are 700 a night per couple (Browns Hotel).
Could anyone advise hotels that are less expensive
($350 to 400 per night)and are extremely clean and nice?

Appreciate any input.
Thanks,
Sharon Slickis

by Maryimelda

I can recommend Best Wester Mostyn in Bryanston Road near Marble Arch. It's a short block (very short) from Oxford Street where all the major stores are to be found (Selfridges etc.) Good hotel for the price but the location is fantastic. See my tip on my London page.

by GoSC

I had good luck with Thistle hotels. I stayed at the Thistle Kensington Gardens. Good air conditioning, cost about $200 a night. (Which was impressive, since the exchange rate was horrible in '06 when I was there.)

by leics

I don't know what you mean by 'nice', which makes recommendations more difficult. Although London is expensive there are plenty of perfectly acceptable hotels for considerably less than 700USD.

Have a look at the offical tourist info site on:

It lists all accommodation, and allows you to search by area, 'sight' etc.

You can easily check out reviews by googling the name of any hotel which appeals + 'reviews'.

I enjoyed my stay at the Euro hotel (www.eurohotel.co.uk) and thought it good value for London, but it might be a bit below your expectations.

by colin_bramso

Hi Sharon, welcome to VT.

London's easy to get around by the underground rail system - the Tube - and the major sights are fairly close to each other so location of the hotel isn't too much of a problem.

Last time there we stayed in Ramada Hyde Park which meets what you want. You can find it at www.ramadajarvis.co.uk/hotels/hydepark.aspx

by Manara

At $ 200 you can get a nice room in a beautiful hotel where I have been several times (the last time was in February this year): the Melia White House. Cleanliness and service are excellent. The buffet breakfast is the most extensive and various I have ever seen, even in more expensive hotels. It is located just across the street from Regent's Park, close to two stations of the Tube.
The only flaw is that the room are a bit small, but they are perfectly appointed with all the trims you expect from good hotels.

by Manara

I forgot to provide the hotel's website: http://www.melia-whitehouse.com

Comments