Easton Hotel London

36 - 40 Belgrave Rd, Victoria, London, SW1V 1RG, United Kingdom

Satisfaction Average

More about Easton Hotel London

Suited our needs, would stay here again

by TripAdvisor Member malebron

I and a friend were in need of cheap accomodation not too far from the centre of London. We stayed in a standard room without windows, for two people. The bed was large enough for two friends to share without any uncomfortableness. The room was small, we knew this, but we managed to place our luggage on the floor anyway. The bathroom was small but fine, it is rare to find such a price AND have your own shower and toilet in London.

We ordered access to the TV in our room for around 12 pounds in total (stayed there 4 nights), which worked fine.

When we left, we had a wake-up knock on the door (no phone in the room), and the hotel got us a cab for heathrow.

All the people we saw who worked there were friendly and helpful, and it is located in a really beautiful street with wide pavements in a very nice part of the city, a couple of minutes walk from the Victoria station.

The only drawback that for me would be a reason to NOT stay here, is that you can not regulate the temperature in the room, it is the same for all rooms. The first day it was really cold, but the next three days it was really warm, which was fine in the daytime, but during the night we slept without blankets because i9t was so warm. People who are very temperature-conscious should have this in mind.

No frills, no thrills

by TripAdvisor Member T_on_the_road

I booked a regular sized room without a window. The hotel is very close to Victoria station, also the shops., while being located in a pleasant looking fairly quiet street.

I was there for the weekend in late May.

Room was clean, in good condition. Not much in the way of extra space beyond the path to the bathroom and door from one side of the bed.

The bathroom was very small, so small I didn't want to chance using the shower in the morning. There was little hot water the night before.

No in room controls for the air conditioning so I found myself waking up feeling cold at several points in the night. Or too hot when the AC wasn't on. There didn't seem to be very good soundproofing to the room, I frequently heard toilets flushing in other rooms.

TV was good quality model with good selection of channels. However, it cost extra to view the tv via a £5 remote control purchased from reception.

No dining facilities at this hotel, so come prepared (plenty of places to eat or buy food nearby). All the hotel has is a vending machine in reception and that was mostly empty when I saw it.

In spite of the negatives, the room was quite good value for the £25 paid and the £5 for TV. Definitely recommended if you're on a budget and don't mind the lack of extra amenities that might come at a slightly higher price at other hotels.

Not one for the claustrophobic or those spending the evening in their room though.

A matchbox with great value

by TripAdvisor Member SlopeyAndPumpkin

When you step into your room at the easyhotel, you stop. Because there just isn’t enough room to take another one.

At approximately 7 sq.m, our windowless room (we acted cheap – rooms with windows are available, but slightly more expensive) was the smallest we’ve ever been in. But considering we paid only 29 pounds a night, it was a fantastic deal.

The only problem we had was because of the check in time - you can check in to your room only at 3 pm, and we arrived early in the morning, so we had to pay 10 pounds to store our luggage at Victoria station. But even if you add the 10 pounds to the room rate, 39 pounds is still a good deal for a spotless room in central London.

The easyhotel Victoria is very well located – it’s just a five minute walk from Victoria station. It’s also spotlessly clean. The bed is quite comfortable and the bathroom is smartly designed – they manage to pack everything into a capsule that’s as big as a very small sumo wrestler.

Overall, it’s a safe, clean and cheap place for a night in central London – you definitely can’t get a room with your own bathroom for that price in any other hotel.

It’s a good option if you don’t plan to spend too much time in your room - and if you manage to fit into it. We know people who can’t.

Cheap

by TripAdvisor Member Leanne84

I stayed in the easyhotel in Victoria for 3 nights in October. We booked a disabled room because my sister has collapsed spinal muscles and has to daily exercises on a flat hard floor. We initially felt really guilty that we might be taking a room from someone who really needed it. When we got to the hotel, there is no way a wheelchair user could have accessed the hotel in a dignified manner. There are steps up to the hotel and down from the fire exit. The room was small so not much room for manouvering.

The bedroom was small and the bed was enclosed on three sides so difficult for two people if one person needed to get up in the night. There was a small TV on the wall but we didn't use it. There was also a decent sized sash window. The bed was clean. There were two coat hooks for hanging things, luckily because we got the room we did there was a corner where we could shove our cases out of the way.

The bathroom was quite small and all orange, like a wet room. it was only when it got wet that you realised how dirty the floor was. There was no window in the bathroom and it got quite hot and steamed up.

The location of the hotel was good, near to Victoria Station Victoria Coach Station and close to lots of bars and restaurants, shops and theatres. It was also walking distance to Buckingham Palace and the surrounding areas.

We paid £142 for three nights so £71 each, which seemed very cheap in London. The area felt safe enough to walk around and there are lots of hotels on the same road so lots of tourists. We were on the ground floor, in G7, and it was quite noisy as our room looked out onto the street and busy road.

The location definitely makes this hotel worthwhile. Also, I would recommend getting a special needs room. I can't imagine how small a standard room would be. All the rooms around us were special needs but I didn't see a wheelchair user - probably because of the badly planned access!! If you want a romantic getaway I wouldn't recommend it but it was ok for me and my sister - better than a grotty B&B.

Great for Crashing but No Bigger Than A Rabbit Hutch

by TripAdvisor Member Geribean

Hotel was basic but clean, near Victoria Station and all tube networks - a great place for crashing if you are single or with a partner whilst in the big smoke.
We had to get a window otherwise we would have felt like we were in a cell.
Would stay here again but only for a couple of days as the rooms really are small with no wardrobes or drawers and it would start to grate on you after a while plus the shower is so small and crammed you literally jump and and jump back out as its too much like hard work!
Value for money 10 out of 10 though.

Nice folks, serviceable rooms, but BED BUGS!

by TripAdvisor Member berlinhist

The easyHotel was everything I was expecting, and for the price was definitely a deal in London. The staff were friendly, the location great, and the room was precisely as advertised (just as tiny as you think 6 square meters is).

But I was eaten alive while I slept, with itchy bites to show for it for days afterward after I checked out (including one that bit me on my eyelid). Until this trip, bed bugs had always been nothing more than a good-night saying to me ("don't let the bed bugs bite!"). I'm sorry to have been enlightened as to the truth of the matter. They're not fun at all, and the bites take days to go away.

If the management can get rid of the bugs, this would be a fine place to stay. I'm afraid that I've been scared away, however. I'll fly EasyJet any day; but I'll be looking to stay somewhere other than EasyHotel next time I'm in London.

Do Not Sleep In 201!!!

by TripAdvisor Member LolaBirdie

Booked a small double with window - on arrival the 'window' was a 6 inch strip under the ceiling that didn't open - actually I don't know if it could open, you couldn't reach it to find out! We figured it would do for the one night we were staying, until we pulled the bed back at 2 am...YUK YUK YUK ok in the interests of good taste I will just say the bed sheet (actually there was no sheet, just a matress protector and by god did it need one) was as disgusting as it could be. (Oh I can't resist - 'Curly' hair from top to bottom of bed, every 2 inches. Yellow stains - I counted 10 seperate stains....I'm not exagerating I promise!!!!)
A swift visit to a helpful reception got us a new room, bigger, with a proper window that opened on to the street (oh the luxury!) and a clean bed. Reception honestly did not seem suprised that the bed was full of - well, pubic hair, let's be honest.
Just avoid 201 at all costs! And if you are unlucky enough not to be able to change - don't expect to sleep on the floor as there's not enough room to stand, let alone lie down on it! There are loads of hotels in the same street so my advice would be to go somewhere else!
Oh, and the coffee machine in reception has without doubt the nastiest coffee I have ever drunk, but there are good cafes just round the corner.

cheap small but clean and handy

by TripAdvisor Member Neilcatele

It is what it is- small, clean, close to everything London. Book the disabled room- same price and more room. DOnt book if you want to spend time in your room. For over night business stay its clean and cheap.

Ideal Location but really really tiny room

by TripAdvisor Member keroro

We stayed in a no window room for 1 night (for just about 7 hours) before we catch another plane from London to other parts of Europe. The rooms is really so small, smaller than we imagine from the photos of the hotel website. However, its location is just too great, just 5 min walk from Victoria subway, train and coach station. It is also located in a safe area.

It’s an ideal choice if you just need to take a shower and have a sleep. But don’t expect anything more than that.

Very small, but fine for one night or two

by TripAdvisor Member 5teve_m

Room was clean, bed was comfy. Shower was powerful and warm. Don't pick it if you are a large person, or have a lot of luggage, or have mobility problems as there is very, very little space. But for one or two cheap nights where you only plan to sleep there, it is fine.

Main part of the room is literally the same size as the bed. The shower room is a small cubicle thing probably designed for a boat. The only space for luggage is the lobby area between bed and door or the window sill (if you have a window). The "standard" room we had was no bigger than the small room we had apart from extra lobby space.

Comments