Edward Hotel

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 77% more and rated 17% lower than other 2 star hotels

• izifaddag's Profile Photo

A Lot To Be Desired

Although the Edward is not the worst hotel I have ever stayed in (that's at a Mexican bus stop) it is by no means the best. To start with the website led me to believe that
    a) breakfast was included
    b) we'd have a double room. 1st night was in a twin!
    The manager was nonreceptive to my complaint stating that "we get that all the time with web bookings, look it says twin/double". Turned out he was right. He was also right about breakfast not being included. The listing on the web gives the impression breakfast is included. A little deceptive I think.
    BE CAREFUL FOLKS!!
    They switched us to a double the next day. The double was much better than the twin.
    The twin's tiny shower/bathroom had a showerhead that was both filthy and dysfunctional. The water wasn't really hot and the single bedside table between the 2 beds was absolutely filthy.
    The double was much better. Much better shower but still a little cramped.
    Only being able to book in at 3PM is insane!!! Although they did take care of our bags while we went for a walk in Hyde park. Zero offer of any help with the bags. We negotiated a couple of springloaded doors - tricky. The storage cupboard was again filthy.
    They did give us a complimentary breakfast the next day because I was annoyed but it really wasn't worth getting. The usual continental junk. One of Britain's pleasures is the great breakfast so walk a couple of steps down the road to Luigi's on the same side of the street. It's small but very clean and the full English br/fast is both cheap and delicious. 3.20 pounds for the full monty.
    Overall I think I would try somewhere else next time especially for the $262 I spent for 3 nights. It is not cheap moneywise but it is in every other sense. They even wanted to charge for the internet computer in the lobby and I bet that elevator has rarely if ever worked. This is a typical Paddington/Bayswater flea-pit that wants to sell itself as something else.
    I am sure there is much worse but there HAS to be something a little better also. Good luck!

Unique Quality: At least it is in a good location so I am sure that anything I might say will not bother them for one second.

Directions: Easily reached from Paddington railway station