Elizabeth Hotel

37 Eccleston Square, Victoria, London, SW1V 1PB, United Kingdom

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Convenient and Lovely Location

This is a small (less than 40 rooms) hotel with very nice surroundings, a helpful staff, good breakfast and a superb location. It is an easy 10 minute walk from Victoria Station and sits on Eccleston Square across from a beautiful and pretty large garden which is private but accessible to hotel guests (ask for a key at the reception desk).

While we liked the hotel and would stay again, I must mention one strange thing. Our stay was split and on the first stay our room on the third floor was accessed by an elevator to the 4th floor and then down a flight of stairs. I think this must have been due to the hotel originally being two houses. Upon departure from our first stay, I asked that our second stay be in a room more easily accessible for two somewhat elderly folk and when we returned we were given a room on the ground floor - no elevator or stairs needed.

Unique Quality: I chose this particular hotel,due to having read a book some years ago which is based on correspondence between two eccentric gardening and food experts, one of whom live on Eccleston Square and had a great hand in the renovation and maintenance of the garden. (I have another tip on the garden). On three sides of the square are rows of attractive houses, some of which remain residences, some offices and some of which are hotels/BnBs. Just a couple of doors down from the Elizabeth is a one where Winston Churchill lived for a few years

• Accomodation Comments

My husband, 12 year old son and I resided at the Elizabeth Hotel for 5 days in July 2007. Highlights where proximity to the Victoria station/ public transportation, breakfast and staff. Room was very small and beds not very confortable. Elevator went to second floor and it was walk up from there on.

Comments