Euro Wembley Hotel London

The lobby.The lobby.

The Royal Albert HallThe Royal Albert Hall

Little Venice

by manuna

In my guidebook there is a mentioning of Little Venice as very pictoresque place with houseboats etc. It should be somewhere not far from Regent's Canal. But I can't find it on the map. What should I look for to get the idea where it is? Thank you in advance

by TexasDave

Regents Canal connects Camden Locks to Little Venice which you can find slightly South Of Warwick Avenue Tube Station. You can take a ride on the canal on a narrow boat starting from either direction. I have some info on the canal rides among my London pages, it that might help.

by christine.j

It is a very nice area! You can take a ride in a canal boat from Camden Lock, through the zoo, to Little Venice or vice versa. I did this and liked it a lot. There is also a very informative walk though Little Venice from London Walks.

by leics

The official London tourist information website has information and a map of the area:

by CatherineReichardt

Little Venice is lovely, and the canal trip from the Zoo is gorgeous - as a child, it was a highlight of our summer holidays if we could persuade Mum to agree to this as an 'added bonus' onto our annual Zoo trip!
If the idea appeals, you can take a barge from Little Venice to Camden Lock market: see http://www.jasons.co.uk/
If he idea of exploring London's easily overlooked (but fascinating) canals appeals, then you could also consider the London Waterbus' longer trips that will take you to Limehouse or Greenford - I haven't done these myself, as I haven't been in London at the right time of year, but it sounds marvellous! See the following for more details: http://www.londonwaterbus.com/
Enjoy!
Regards
Cathy

by manuna

Thanks to all of you! It was really helpful!

by leics

Welcome to VT, yvonneyvonne.

As a brand-new member you will not automatically realise that VT itself is absolutely stuffed with thousands of photos, tips, videos and information pages all written by VT locals and visitors.

I think there will be far, far more holiday ideas and photos on VT than on the site you suggest. Why not spend some time exploring here and find out what VT has to offer?

by Britannia2

Have some Little Venice photos on my London pages - there is a barge where you can sit and eat on it too which is nice.

Travel Tips for London

Location, Location, Location

by karenincalifornia

Wondering exactly where to stay in London? So many areas to choose from. We stayed at a hotel two blocks from Trafalgar Square. This was after canceling our first hotel at Kilburn Park, and our second one in Southwark. Anything near Trafalgar Square is centrally located. Of course, the tube and bus system gets you anywhere you want to go, but I loved being within walking distance of so many famous sights. Taking early morning walks outside my hotel to Covent Garden, Soho, Westminster, St. James Park, and getting my early morning latte. Yes, they have plenty of Starbucks there. But no Peets yet.

Visit Camden Town and Camden...

by Mike54

Visit Camden Town and Camden Market for a huge range of very different individual shops and ethnic experiences. lively colourful and fun. Dont miss it at all! I was born in London, love to go there, shop sightsee, visit theatre, always glad to come away and back to sanity

Londonner ? ?

by filipdebont

You see these little posts everywhere in the city.

These post brought back the memory of the almost similar posts they have in Amsterdam.
And the name of these posts in Amsterdam is an Amsterdammerkes, that is why I named the London posts Londonner's.

If these posts have an official name, please let me know, that way I can adjust this tip.

Piccadilly

by irisbe

If I would have liked shopping and I would be a neon light fan, I certainly would have loved this area.
Unfortunately non of the above apply to me, so I thought the place was noisy and dirty because of the traffic and hectic because every one was running around and rushing from nowhere to nowhere.
What a circus !
I think on a second visit I might skip this area and head for new undiscovered places!

Note: this picture was taken during afternoon! Ah! it was one of those typical rain days in London :-)

Eggcentric Buildings

by barryg23

This is the new home for the Mayor of London. Will it be big enough for Ken's ego? Red Ken won the nomination for mayor a few years ago, despite standing as an Independent when Labour selected another candidate.

Comments