Express By Holiday Inn Earls Court

Rated 15% higher but also costs 47% more than other 3 star hotels

More about Express By Holiday Inn Earls Court

First time in London

by TripAdvisor Member Huuhkaja

We took our first trip to London. Found very difficult to find decent hotel from internet. Everything is expensive. Just like in Paris... but as experienced Paris visitors (know where to stay for good and get good value), second time London would be better... when finding nice hotel. After readind reviews here and seen candid pics, we chose this one.
We booked Express By Holiday Inn Earl´s Court from it´s website.
We payed first night 56£ and other two nights 77£.
Hotel is 10min walk away from those two tube stations. Best way is to take bus 74 from Earl´s court station. I tkaes you also to Harrod´s and Hyde Park (30min).
Lounge is decent. Elevator with view was nice too. Room itself is little below average. Reminds me more Finnish hostel than a hotel. Bathroom was enough good, and yes... working airconditon was great to have when outside temperature was +35C (95F) and in tubes +54C (129F) in this July.
We don´t know ... maybe we were lucky to find this hotel. You know, you can pay 99£ per night in London and still have facilities (toilet, shower) in hallway. But this hotel didn´t gave any "wow" or pleasant feel to stay. We got room, that had locked door to room next to. That means every noice was heard from neighborougs. Okay we were unlucky... And this wasn´t the issue in this review. But please mention this at hotel reception, if you want to have family rooms connection for 4 to sleep. On our stay hotel was full. So no chance to change it.
However single beds were good to sleep. Sat-TV. Tea-making facilities. No minibar. Limited safeboxes in reception. Didn´t get one, hotel was fully booked. Low-pressure shower.
Anyway we spent more time in the city than in this hotel.
Breakfast... Had eaten in past as this worse one once in Paris.
You get coffee, boilded water for tea and cacao from automat.
Two small vacum packed cheases as every guests took that yellow one from orange option one. Because it was better. Hotel staff put in one morning only those orange ones to have them consumed but we kindly asked yellow cheeses ;) 2 small marmelad packings, peach from a can, no veges, no fruits and small box of Kellog´s Cornflakes with milk. Self service. I wonder why other reviewrs here kept this buffetbreakfast as a good one. Maybe we were lucky with this hotel but I don´t think so.
Hotel surroundings remainded us occationally New York´s Chinatown and Avenues A, B, and C. But near hotel it was safe to walk anyway. There is also that famous Earl´s Court arena where Red Hot Chilli Peppers was having their shows.
Won´t come back to this hotel. Service was okay and billing was exact. Be sure to reserve this hotel from their website as other sites may sell it without taxes and that is 17% more to your check out bill.
For "cheap" and fresh food eating in London I recommend Prett!

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Gags

Very good hotel - standard Holiday Inn Express.
Not actually by the Earls Court Tube, but West Kensington. Only a short walk to the Earls Court Exhibition site though.
Being a platinum member I was on the top floor, which was very quiet all night. Small rooms, but immaculately clean.
Breakfast is good - cereals/cakes/toast/juices/tea/coffee.
I got a rate of £74 per night, which is good for quality accomodation in London. (says all rooms £99 outside!)
Only slight niggle was no check in until 2PM, after being abruptly told this, I was able to leave my bag in the baggage room no problem.
Hotel was full over the nights either side when I was there though.

Exceptional Hotel Stay

by TripAdvisor Member TravelerFL

I stayed at this Hotel from August 10-14, and can't find enough good things to report. The checkin was very pleasant. The assigned room was just great...seldom have I experienced such great housekeeping......even the spoons at the coffee/tea making area had the handles pointed exactly the same direction. The room/bath were exceptionally clean, well lit, and everything worked well...I enjoyed the heating/cooling availability. On Saturday evening, I unfortunately fractured a tooth, and the gentleman at the desk....I'm sorry to say that I did not get his name....found and put me in touch with a dentist who was able to see me Sunday.....yes, Sunday morning. I believe this to be an outstanding service by this Hotel employee. Everything about the hotel is well kept and extremely clean! Even though I experienced the "nightmare" of air travel during this visit....the hotel was my refuge. If you are in need of lodging that is reasonably priced, clean and comfortable....this is the place for you. You can get anywhere in London in a few minutes time from 2 tube stations just minutes from the Hotel, or by bus...the stop is just outside the hotel front door. I travel extensively, and give this Hotel my highest recommendation.

Great Value in London

by TripAdvisor Member diamondslaf

While this hotel is a bit off the beaten path, it is clean, comfortable and a real bargin. The only real challenge to this hotel is that transportation options are limited so it will take a extra 15-20 minutes to get to the major sights. If you are willing to make the trade off, there are many pluses to this hotel. The pluses are that 1) the hotel seems to be a brand new property (which is a major plus to all of us who have had to endure some of the tired old buildings typical of this type of accomodations); 2) the rooms are large and air conditioned, 3) bathrooms are well appointed (ours just had a shower); 4) check in was efficient and the lobby is large and bright, 5) the lobby bar is very convenient; 6) the complimentary continental breakfast is jut right, 7) there are many stores and restaurants in the area (I can't comment on the restaurants since we did not eat in the area - there were many convenience/grocery stores), 8) and most importantly, the rooms were spotless clean with very comfortable beds!!. Public transpotation options are fair - buses stop close to the hotel that will take you to High Street Kensington (right outside the hotel door) and Knightsbridge (around the corner). The closest Underground stop is the West Brompton Station (on the District Line). For the price I paid (75GBP) during the high season this is a great hotel!

Great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member valleysgirl1

Just returned from a three night stay at this hotel with husband and two kids. Hotel was very clean both public areas and guest rooms,breakfast was very good-continental, but plenty of it.A limited choice of evening meals were available in the bar area ie choice of kebabs with pitta bread and chips and a pint of lager included in the price or pizza,sweet and sour chicken etc. Hotel was close to tube which made it easy to get into central London and was within walking distance of Stamford Bridge-a bonus as we had booked a tour of the stadium.Area felt very safe.Must mention the ice machine in the lobby as it kept my youngest amused for ages!!! Only one small problem with reservation details which was put right immediately I pointed it out to receptionist.Staff very pleasant.Would definately stay here again-in fact already planning next trip!!

exceptional for the price

by TripAdvisor Member Tulls

Booked here with my wife and three sons for five nights and must say that everything was of an exceptional standard and i am happy that i reserved my rooms online for the full duration of our stay in london as i think it would have been hard to extend it at reception as i think it was fully booked at all times, so reviews do work ,would definetely recommend it .

Good location

by TripAdvisor Member alansgirl

HI Express Earls Court is in West Kensington, 1 tube stop from Earls Court. Hotel is only 10min walk from Fulham Broadway and another 10mins on for Chelsea football stadium, so good location. 5min walk from West Kensington tube station, turn left and walk down North End Road.
Hotel is a new build and very clean and fresh looking.
Complimentary breakfast was adequate with reasonable choice. Perfect choice for families and for price it is excellent.
Rooms were spotless and beds comfy we had twin room
Air con is a plus for any hotel.
Would thoroughly recommend hotel for anyone wanting to stay nr Earls Court

Nice Place to stay for a visit

by TripAdvisor Member cranebob

My wife and I stayed at this hotel from 2 Oct thru 8 Oct. We found the rooms to be clean and well provided. The staff was pleasant and helpful at all times of the day. There are many places that are reasonably priced to eat in the area just a short walk. The West Brom tube station is a very easy walk from the hotel. There are a number of internet cafes that you can use that are much cheaper than the hotels. Overall, we would use this hotel again. I probably would book over the internet the next time.

excellent value for money

by TripAdvisor Member jojododsworth

We stayed here for four nights in October and we were delighted with this hotel. The rooms were kept clean and tidy. Breakfast was self-service continental with plenty of choice. It was available until after 10am which meant we could have a lie-in!!

Its easier to get too from either West Kensington or West Brompton tube stations on the District lines. It has plenty of amentities around the hotel including a tesco express and a co-op which were very handy.

We ate in the hotel one evening. It was a limited menu but we were so tired we were quiet happy with the large portion of pizza and chips. The other choices were chicken dish, scampi and pork....I THINK.

Really would recommend this to anyone who wants somewhere to stay in London that is excellent quality for money, spacious and clean.

Comments