Flemings Mayfair Hotel

Costs 84% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Flemings Mayfair Hotel

Perfect Hotel in Mayfair London

by TripAdvisor Member LACardenas

Just returned from five nights at Flemings Mayfair London and have nothing but the highest recommendation. First of all, the staff...Simon, William, Michel made our trip so special from the first moment we walked into the lovely hotel lobby. The rooms were nicely sized and the bathrooms were fantastic. Breakfast was incredibly awesome and included in the room rate.
The beds were so comfortable, though we didn't spend much time there!
To sum it up, a lovely trip to London was made even more beautiful by the Flemings Mayfair.

Tiny room, expensive, good location near Picadilly

by TripAdvisor Member finesilver

I stayed there for two nights this week because I found myself in London at the last minute and wanted to be near Picadilly Circus. This was the closest I could find and took a chance based upon the reviews on Trip advisor. The location was ideal, around the corner from Picadilly street, green park tube stop, restaurants and even starbucks and a 5 minute walk to picadilly circus. The room I got was the smallest room I have ever been in in London after repeat visits all over the city. It was nicely appointed and all with a twin bed, which honestly left no room on the floor for a suitcase, there were literally 8 inches between the end of the bed and the dresser and that was all. Even the front door did not open all the way because of an oversized chair that partially blocked that door and the door to the bathroom from opening all the way. We ae talking tiny. Had I not slept with my suitcase on the bed, there would be no way out of the room in the event of a fire. Free hard wired internet that did not work when I got there but it was just unplugged, no help from the clueless bellman who wss sent up to look at it. The room did not have controlled temperature, rather a large standalone blower that blocked part of the one corner and needed to be on all the time to properly ventilate the room I believe. it was rether loud also. The room wass 144 pounds per night, on the high side of average for central london. The clincher was at checkout. I had called and asked that my bill be prepared as I had a tight flight at the end of rushhour/ I got down to reception and it was ready. they had charged 9.68 pounds for one 3 minute call - which is today $16.80 US, when I asked about this I was told that the call was to a cell phone in London and therefore used that many units. I did not dispute that further but seems quite high to me, even in new york standards. From that time to when the clerk finally ran and handed me my bill was ten minutes, I know this because the taxi was out front waiting. I do not know what took her so long...... I probably would not bo back there due to tiny room, cost for calls, and just not quite right on the little things.

Lovely

by TripAdvisor Member asarahw

Yes, the rooms are small. However, they are new and very clean. The hotel staff was a bit scattered with the exception of the sweet concierge, William. This hotel is so centrally located it made travel quite easy. I would stay there again in a heart beat, but make sure to have a quiet nights sleep I'll request a room in the back next time. PS: I saw a friends hotel room that was utterly dingy and depressing. So even though their room was bigger at a different hotel it was a DUMP compared to my small yet lovely quarters.

Wonderful Hotel - Highly Recommended!

by TripAdvisor Member littlemisstravel

I was recommended to use this hotel by some forum users on trip advisor. What a great find!!! beautiful hotel with lovely rooms and service. Modern but classic old touches - i loved all the mirrors in the lobby and the bookcase style lifts. Even the service in the bar was great. Would happily stay here again especially as we got a superb rate from hotel doorman. My boyfriend was so pleased with my choice that he proposed!!! Many thanks

Lovely Hotel, Fantastic Location!!!

by TripAdvisor Member cwagsg

Well I absolutely loved this hotel. The front desk staff were all extremely friendly and helpful. Didn't really use concierge but he was always there with a smile and warm welcome!

Our room was great. It was a good size with a king size bed and small seating area. Remember rooms in the uk - especially cities (think New York) - are generally nowhere near the generous proportions many hotel rooms in USA can boast! The room was decorated to a very high standard and spotlessly clean. Our room was on the ground floor, looking on to Clarges Street. I was worried about potential noise when we first arrived, but thankfully we had no problems there whatsoever!

The breakfast was really nice, again staff friendly, although there was a severe amount of what appeared to be "moaning" between them. However they were generally attentive (although not consistently!)

The biggest selling point to this hotel is location. A pleasant 5 minute stroll brings you to Buckingham Palace, 5 minute walk along Piccadily brings you to Piccadily Circus then on to Soho/China Town. 15-20 minute walk to Trafalgar Square/Westminster. Oxford Street will take you again about 15-20 mins. Everything is on your doorstep and a pleasant walk will take you anywhere!!

I would seriously recommend this hotel and as someone else said "I would return in a heartbeat!".

Loved Flemings

by TripAdvisor Member hesperus

We took our 12 year old grandson to london to show him historical London. We stayed in Flemings Hotel in Greenpark. The hotel was wonderful. He certainly enjoyed it. Rooms were very roomy and comfortable and very clean.

The breakfasts were very enjoyable.

Hotel was very central, few minutes from tube. We could also walk to Picadilly circus. We had a wonderful time. He wants to return next year with his younger brother, and he said must stay in the same hotel.

Excellent service, good location.

by TripAdvisor Member tomwex

Whilst the room I had was very small and pretty dark (it was on the ground floor and at the back of the hotel) it was more than compensated for by the excellent service and standards of all other aspects of the hotel. The staff were very friendly and efficient, the breakfast was superb, the room rate reasonable and the whole place was spotless and quiet. Very close to Green Park tube, a short walk to Picadilly Circus and the West End.

Pity about the heat!

by TripAdvisor Member Magl

The hotel in general was very good and in an excellent situation for access to business/tourist areas. Staff were courteous & attentive. Buffet breakfast was OK but don't expect fried egg, only slimy scrambled. Our room was very compact but included most necessities. However, the shower was not the easiest to use mainly as it had a fixed shower head. Apparently the air conditioning is only working on the groundfloor at the moment. It is installed on other floors but we were told it will not be working until at least the summer (waiting for planning permission!) so we had to decide between be kept awake by the heat or by the noise from the open window!

Won't be going back

by TripAdvisor Member dearyme

I was disappointed with this hotel, having done extensive research checking reviews, I can't say that mine will be very positive, and to be honest, I expected more from a 4star deluxe.
Our room was on the top floor and small, the bathroom was extremely compact but clean. The bed was comfortable but we did expect more from the tea & coffee tray, they didn't top up the sugar and it lacked a complimentary packet of biscuits, a touch that many other hotels have.
The TV remote control was unresponsive, and the teletext was infuriating as it wouldn't let you key in a page number or accept the colour buttons.
The room was hot, I know we have just had some warm days in London, but the air conditioning unit was noisy, we switched it off at night and had the window open, but being at the back of the hotel we experienced a lot of noise from the street below.
The staff were pleasant and helpful although we did have an uncomforable moment with a waitress due to a language comunication problem in the restaurant over desserts.
It was slightly annoying there only appeared to be one lift but it was interestingly decorated with a book shelf effect. My key card was barred twice meaning extra trips back to reception. One final thing that puzzled me, I often found the hotel to have a stale smokey air, especially in the foyer.
Although this hotel did have some beautiful features and some good points, I will be looking for anoher hotel next time I'm in London.

Small, clean but steamy hot room

I really liked the conciegre, Wiliam. The room was very compact yet clean. However the air conditioner spit out more hot air than was originally in room. I called the front desk and they sent someone up. He told me it needed to be on longer. After day out the room was a sauna. I turned it off and slept with the windows open. Much better. Also, my remote did not work with the TV. The front desk was insistent that I wasn't operating it properly. Finally the same man came up to my 4th floor room to tell me that my TV was the old kind and I couldn't view movies or many channels. It's not brain surgery staff, the remotes and TVs do not respond. Come on people get it straight! The AC is more of a heater. The TVs do NOT get movies or more than four or five channels. Other than that it's a clean bed in a central area. Consider this if booking and mention to staff that you read about the heat and TVS.

Comments