Georgian Hotel London

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 37% more and rated 69% lower than other 3 star hotels

More about Georgian Hotel London

Spitalfields Market - LondonSpitalfields Market - London

Quest for Knowledge, The Enlightenment GalleryQuest for Knowledge, The Enlightenment Gallery

London Bridge - with a few BusesLondon Bridge - with a few Buses

Senate House 2Senate House 2

Okay, How About The Georgian Hotel?

by sjones1314

It's me again! I found another hotel that had 2 recent reviews on Trip Advisor that were great. It's the Georgian Hotel in Marylebone (not too be confused with the Georgian House Hotel). Any thoughts??

THANKS

Know anything about these two hotels?

by bluevegas

We are going to London in Novemeber and can't decide between these two hotels. One is The Alexander Hotel on Belgrave Road and the Georgian House Hotel/Bower House on St. George's Drive. We've been to the websites and checked them out in travel books. We will be booking a triple, if that helps anyone. Any opinions on the actual hotels would be great!
Thanks!!!
BlueVegas

RE: Know anything about these two hotels?

by stfan

There seem to be many hotels on Belgrave road. I am staying there as well, not at that hotel but at another hotel. Popular area?

Stefan

RE: Know anything about these two hotels?

by Tom_In_Madison

I stayed at Georgian Hotel last November for about 4 days. It's a nice place, nicer than I'm used to. I think I paid 35Pounds for a single, wtih shower but they had made a mistake and had to give me that room, and for the cheaper rate. The paint in the room was peeling a bit, I didn't notice and it didn't bother me. Security locked, and a real good brekkie of cereal, eggs, fruit coffee & juice.

Good location, about 7 minute walk to Victoria station. It's right on a busy street, but didn't really notice it when I'm sleeping, London tends to quiet down pretty fast at night for such a big city.

RE: RE: Know anything about these two hotels?

by bluevegas

Thanks, your comments are very helpful. Do you by any chance remember if smoking was allowed in the rooms? We're trying our best to stay away from the smoking while we sleep. :) Thanks!

Travel Tips for London

You absolutely MUST NOT...

by Weston01

You absolutely MUST NOT sleep!! haha. There is so much to do and see...please don't waste your trip by sitting around in a hotel room. Especially if you're American...you'll easily find buildings that are older than all of our country! You get to walk streets that we only see and hear of in text books. The people. The food. The proximity to the rest of Europe!!

Diana Princess of Wales Memorial Fountain

by Toyin

As you walk the Hade park towards the Kessington Gardens, you will see this direction to the Diana Princes of Wales memorial fountain. It is a very somber and lovely park to walk. There are many tourists here all the time and what more, it is absolutely free. Below is the view from the park itself.

Kew Gardens is not without its...

by WorldXplorer

Kew Gardens is not without its charms! These photos are of The Temperate Zone, autumn beauty in London and the Rock Garden (my personal favourite.) I wasn't fond of ALL of Kew Gardens e.g. thought the famous Palm House just so-so but I LOVED the Rock Garden and Prince of Wales Conservatory and the Marion Gallery I think it's called, lovely paintings by a woman who travelled and painted plants and flowers in various countries. MMmmHMM!

Boxing Day Holiday

by deecat

While in London, Jill and I saw an interesting parade. I asked her why there was a parade on this day, and she told me that it's an unusual old holiday that the Londoners still keep, even though it's not so relevant anymore called Boxing Day.

It was the day that boxes (gifts) were given to servants for their services. If I recall correctly, I think it was on December 26.

Anyway, while we were enjoying the parade, a group of Cheerleaders from the United States marched and cheered their way by us. I just could not believe that here I was in London, and American Cheerleaders (high school) were in a parade here.

About ten years later, my great niece and her mother went to London so that she could march in that same parage. (She is a cheerleader in Vincennes, Indiana).

It's a small world

Comfortable shoes

by SueC-UK

Bring your most comfortable footwear - there`s lots of walking around to see the sights and catching the tube means climbing up and down lots of stairs when escalators are not available. A small brolly that you can carry around - don`t spoil your day by getting soaked in a sudden downpour.

Comments