This is my favourite hotel in London. No doubt about it. I came across this wonderful hotel when I was looking for a business conference facility. It was by far the best looking venue I saw in my search and I kept thinking ‘I hope I can stay there one day’. I have had the pleasure of staying here twice. Absolutely wonderful. The hotel has old world charm and does the one thing all hotels should – gives you a good night’s sleep. My rooms have always been well appointed, had lots of nice extras, a very comfortable bed and been absolutely quiet. In terms of service – nothing is a problem. From the uniformed doorman to the reception, bar, gym, spa, restaurant(s) and housekeeping staff – you receive warm welcomes. I have enjoyed every facility they have to offer and hope I can stay here again. The hotel was built when hotels were made to provide a restful stay. The facilities are great and the location is amazing. The hotel overlooks the Tower of London and Tower Bridge. The property even has a section of the original 2,000 year old Roman wall as well. Many of the key Tourist attractions in London are on your doorstep and you are surrounded by tube stations, bars, pubs, restaurants, corner shops and even a full grocery store. This is one of the best situated hotels in London and the sight of sunset over the Thames, the Tower of London and Tower Bridge are on your doorstep.
I will detail the amenities and facilities below, but I can assure you that this is a great hotel. Just walking down the corridors to your room lets you know that your stay will be quiet and peaceful. Entering the bedrooms is like walking back in time to when hotels were hotels with the modern extras added in.
They even turn down your bed in the evening and have fresh fruit in the room. Pure class.
For me the ultimate hotel has quiet rooms, great beds, a good fridge, bathroom with proper mirrors, good toiletries, a steam iron/board and a proper closet. The basics so many hotels never even come close to. As a business traveller I want a good meal, a proper night’s sleep, iron my shirt, a free newspaper, friendly staff and – if I can get it – some local attractions. This is why The Grange City Hotel is in my top 10 business hotels worldwide. Its just gets it all right. And you can’t best the Tower of London on your doorstep.
One of the restaurants, Koto II Japanese Restaurant, is one of my favourites in London. They do all you can eat sushi for £21. Throw in a few beers and its heaven on my business budget.
The Grange City Hotel offers a lot of deals, discounts and upgrades. In fact they are pretty imaginative. Please check their website and also they have an email newsletter. Sometimes they even offer ‘Secret Hotel’ deal on the lastminute.com website.
• Located right next to the Tower of London and Tower Hill Tube Station
• 307 En-suite rooms, 10 Suites and 1 Penthouse
• 15 Conference and Syndicate rooms
• 24 hour Reception desk, Concierge, porterage, laundry, dry cleaning
• 2 restaurants and 3 bars
• Health Club, swimming pool, gym, spa, steam and sauna
• Lots of restaurants, bars and shops on your doorstep
• Fully set-up for Accessibility needs and children from beds o food
• Climate control and air conditioning and all rooms are non-smoking
• Tea/coffee making facilities, complimentary newspaper, in-room safe
• Iron and ironing board and trouser press
• Hypoallergenic pillows and duvets
• TV with satellite/cable TV channels, Pay Per View films, CD/Music Centre
• Mini bar (there is room for your own drinks)
• Business amenities including desk, High-speed internet (wired and Wi-Fi)
• Bathrooms have robes, great toiletries and telephone and hairdryer
• Wardrobes have automatic lighting
• Female friendly rooms
RESTAURANTS AND BARS:
• Koto II Japanese Restaurant (all you can eat on a conveyor)
• The Lutetia Bar and Brasserie (French – lunch and bar menu at night)
• Isis bar
• Indoor heated pool and Jacuzzi (with a Roman/Greek theme)
• Health Club, gym, spa, steam, sauna, beauty therapy, classes, virtual golf
• Car parking (not recommended) – on street and a 2 minute walk
Tower Hill – on your doorstep (District and Circle Lines)
Aldgate - (Metropolitan and Circle)
Aldgate East - (Circle; District; Hammersmith & City)
Fenchurch Street (0.1 miles)
Tower Gateway (0.1 miles)