284 to 302 Waterloo Road, London, SE1 8RQ, United Kingdom

Hotels.com Agoda.com Orbitz.com

Costs 23% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

We recommend it!

Walking around our room definitely made us realize that it is an elegantly designed hotel. In a folder we read that the building was award a RIBA (Royal Institute of British Architects) National Architecture Award in 2011. Good to know for us (and you too) is that the H10 Hotel Waterloo is situated south of the Thames, near the Imperial War Museum. Besides that there is easy access to London Sea Life Aquarium, London Eye and Waterloo Underground Station. The National Theatre and Royal Festival Hall are a short walk to the north, with Westminster Bridge to the west, leading to the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben. So, a lot of spots to visit are nearby which makes this kind of a central located hotel indeed.

So our conclusion for this hotel is: we liked this hotel very much, because it was modern and very clean with a good view from bedroom and it seems to have thought of everything, even an umbrella to use while staying in the hotel. The breakfast had a good selection to choose from, nice friendly staff. Definitely a place we would recommend to stay!

Unique Quality: The hotel offers the Despacio Beauty Centre on the 8th floor, where you can relax in the sauna, enjoy a range of beauty treatments, or stay in shape at the gym.

Directions: Located in the well-known Waterloo Road (close to Waterloo Station), near Parliament and Westminster Abbey.

Chic and elegant.

While we were enjoying our complimentary champagne we all agreed on the fact that we thought this hotel is an impressive property. In the folder we read the extensive range of facilities Hotel H10 Waterloo has to offer. For us this hotel was the ideal place to relax after a busy day of travelling from The Netherlands by plane and watching the football match of Arsenal FC in London. We were told that the hotel had 2 restaurant that serves international cuisine with a Mediterranean touch. First it was time to have a look at the hotel rooms.

Once we were in our double bedroom we concluded that it was a job well done by the ticket agency that booked this hotel for us. For us it was a chic and elegant guestroom, styled in a charming and comfortable manner. The colours were beautiful, elegant white and some gold. The room we had was complemented by a wealth of facilities, including complimentary wireless Internet access and Media Hub Connection. When we walked towards the room and opened the window we had an amazing views over the city. Although we still had a lot of plans for the evening, it was almost a pity to leave this beautiful hotel :)

Recently-built hotel.

Together with 4 friends I visited the match Arsenal versus Chelsea in London. Before even booking the match tickets we were already having a look around what hotel to book. Finally the decision was not in our hands, because the ticket agency in The Netherlands also booked the hotel for us. So, once the match was finished and we decided to go to the hotel we were very much wondering where we would end up.

We took the Underground and via the Waterloo Station we had a 5 minute walk before we could see the H10 Hotel Waterloo. Keep in mind that the Waterloo area is home to the Queen Elizabeth Hall, the Hayward Gallery, the National Film Theater, the Old Vic Theater and the Royal National Theater so the walk was quite pleasant. On the outside we immediately could see that it was a recently-built hotel and were very curious about the inside of the hotel and its interior. We were pleasantly surprised as everything looks very spotless and the staff that welcomed us was very polite. Besides that we were offered free champagne on the house in the hotel lobby which we enjoyed very much!

• DAO's Profile Photo

LOUD !!!!!!

Never has a hotel promised so much, produced as little, cost as much and been this loud – all night long. This hotel is an absolute disgrace for what it charges. There are brochures in the rooms and lobby of some of the fantastic luxury resort hotels across Europe that belongs to the H10 hotel Group. This Spanish company should be completely ashamed of this location. When rooms go for $300 a night you would not expect to hear loud traffic going by all night. Also you wouldn’t expect a less than comfortable bed. You will experience both here. It’s an absolute joke. The hotel is a triangle with the rooms facing 2 main roads on 2 of the 3 sides. 2 VERY busy and very LOUD roads – 24 hours a day. Honking horns, the roar of traffic, brakes squealing, delivery vans driving around and large trucks (lorries) rumbling by. Believe it or not I had requested a quiet room and they put me on the 8th floor. God help anyone on a lower floor. I was woken up on my poor bed more than a dozen times.

It’s a shame. The hotel would be nice as long as you don’t want sleep. When you arrive the staff are fantastic. I was greeted warmly and offered a glass of wine as I checked in at reception. Awesome! I thought I was going to have a great night. I confirmed I would have a quiet room on a top floor. The lobby had loads of free newspapers and magazines. It lead onto a great bar with both free Wi-Fi and also large screen computers.

My room looked great when I went up. Great looking bathroom, an umbrella in the closet, great looking bed, nice desk, and a cold mini-bar. Then I noticed the traffic noise. Lots of it. Concerning really. I unpacked and went out for a meal.

When I came back – yep – road noise again. It had been a long day and I just wanted to slip into bed. As I did I realised the bed was not that comfortable. The room was warm. And there was more road noise. Absolutely rubbish. I had a very restless night.

For the money you could do a lot better and quieter. This is one ‘luxury’ hotel to avoid at all (high) costs.

FOR THE RECORD: I stayed in room 619

Unique Quality:
    * LOUD road noise
    * Beds that need a better mattress
    * Gym, sauna, beauty treatments
    * Mediterranean restaurant
    * Media hub and free Wi-Fi in rooms
    * Mini bar, plasma TV, safe and coffee/tea facilities in all rooms
    * Temperature controls in room (mine didn't work that well)

Directions: Waterloo Station is 450 meters away:
    * National Rail
    * Tube (Bakerloo, Jubilee, Northern and the Waterloo & City lines)

• planxty's Profile Photo

Excellent new choice.

I recently stayed in the newly opened H10 hotel in Waterloo and was very impressed with it. Check-in was quickly done by a pleasant member of staff and a quick glance showed a pleasant, if somewhat deserted, foyer bar.

Up to one of the upper floors which afforded an excellent view North over the City at night. Unfortunately, as you can see from one of the attached photos, when I tried to take a photo the next morning, the weather had closed in with a vengeance but it hopefully gives an idea. Although the room was at the front of the hotel on the fairly busy Waterloo Road, road noise was not an issue.

The room was well-appointed with all the amenities you would expect from a four star place, the photos give an idea. Complimentary wifi is included in the price. The bed was very comfortable, which is always a bonus.

I am not sure if the hotel is Spanish owned or aimed at a Spanish clientele but there seems to be a definite Hispanic influence from the Spanish language magazine in the room to the decidedly spanish delicacies offered at the excellent breakfast buffet.

Situated about ten minutes easy walk from Waterloo Station, it is well placed for transportation into the City or the West End, or even train travel to the South and Southwest.

A pleasant night in the "new kid on the block" and recommended.

Unique Quality: The views over London from the Upper rooms are spectacular.

Directions: Nearest Tube Waterloo or Lambeth North.

More about H10 London Waterloo

Excellent new choice.

by planxty about H10 Waterloo

A pleasant night in the "new kid on the block" and recommended. The views over London from the Upper rooms are spectacular.

Comments